Adding a day to Canadian discount tickets

ellbell

DIS Veteran
I'm going to WDW in August and we've added a day to our trip on the end. As a result I want to add another day of tickets. I have the Canadian discount on my tickets and it is no longer being offered at the moment. If I add a day do I lose discount or will it add the day at the discounted price?

I am not sure with this year's tix but when I have bought them before, you lose the discount if you upgrade. Only the value of the tickets get apploed to the value of the upgrade.

I'm going to WDW in August and we've added a day to our trip on the end. As a result I want to add another day of tickets. I have the Canadian discount on my tickets and it is no longer being offered at the moment. If I add a day do I lose discount or will it add the day at the discounted price?

I believe you got the free dining with the Canadian discounted tickets. Is that correct?
If that’s the case, I would not mess with that.
If you do make a change, let us know how it goes.

Maybe call and ask about amending your booking? Since u already have the discoubt as part of your package, they may continue to extend you the discounted price even though it is no longer available.

I believe you got the free dining with the Canadian discounted tickets. Is that correct?
I had to change my reservation because I started a new job and no longer have free dining

Maybe call and ask about amending your booking? Since u already have the discoubt as part of your package, they may continue to extend you the discounted price even though it is no longer available.

Ya I was just hoping to have a confirmed situation so I could sound like I knew what I was talking about lol.

You most likely won't be able to add a day and keep Canadian resident pricing. I tried to do that not too long ago and the price I was quoted was the difference between what I paid with the Canadian resident price and the current price of non-Canadian resident tickets. Needless to say, we did not add on the extra day!

This may be a silly question, but where does the free dining come into play? I also purchased Canadian resident tickets for our August trip but I don’t remember seeing anything about free dining with them? Did I totally miss something?

This may be a silly question, but where does the free dining come into play? I also purchased Canadian resident tickets for our August trip but I don’t remember seeing anything about free dining with them? Did I totally miss something?
No. You didn’t miss anything. @ellbell had luck combining the two offers, but nobody else that I’ve heard of was able to. Typically, the rule is, you need to pay full price for room and hopper tickets to take advantage of FD.

No. You didn’t miss anything. @ellbell had luck combining the two offers, but nobody else that I’ve heard of was able to. Typically, the rule is, you need to pay full price for room and hopper tickets to take advantage of FD.
Oh ok thanks for clearing that up. I wondered if I was going crazy! I guess that means since I got Canadian resident tickets and a room only discount already I probably wouldn’t be able to take advantage of the new FD offer that was just released. That would sure be nice though!

I could have sworn I remember reading in 2018 that folks had no problems combining Cdn resident discounts with free dining. I haven't been paying attention in 2019 though.

Ok here's my story - in September I had discounted tickets that I wanted to add an extra day to. I was told on the phone with ticketing that it could be done at the Guest Services either at DS or in any of the parks. They advised that this would be no problem and we even worked out the math for what the difference would be (losing the CDN discount and adding the extra days). As I got the ticket from CAA, Guest Services tried to tell me the only upgrade I would be able to do was to an annual pass. To the tune of like $600 - needless to say this resulted in tears that I'm not proud of. I stayed polite but I was really frustrated as I felt like the vacation we'd extended by 3 days was a total waste of time and effort. They had to get a manager to sign off on it, but eventually they were able to work it out so that I could pay the difference for the tickets to change them from being Canadian Resident tickets and then again the difference for the extra days and not have to get an AP at that time. It took at least a half hour to do as they had to over ride this thing and that. It was a mess, but they did sort it out in the end.

The moral of the story is, for only one extra day, plan a Disney Springs day or a waterpark day and save yourself the headache/heartache on the off chance that you'll have the same experience.

Ok here's my story - in September I had discounted tickets that I wanted to add an extra day to. I was told on the phone with ticketing that it could be done at the Guest Services either at DS or in any of the parks. They advised that this would be no problem and we even worked out the math for what the difference would be (losing the CDN discount and adding the extra days). As I got the ticket from CAA, Guest Services tried to tell me the only upgrade I would be able to do was to an annual pass. To the tune of like $600 - needless to say this resulted in tears that I'm not proud of. I stayed polite but I was really frustrated as I felt like the vacation we'd extended by 3 days was a total waste of time and effort. They had to get a manager to sign off on it, but eventually they were able to work it out so that I could pay the difference for the tickets to change them from being Canadian Resident tickets and then again the difference for the extra days and not have to get an AP at that time. It took at least a half hour to do as they had to over ride this thing and that. It was a mess, but they did sort it out in the end.

The moral of the story is, for only one extra day, plan a Disney Springs day or a waterpark day and save yourself the headache/heartache on the off chance that you'll have the same experience.
Thanks for letting me know

That’s terrible. I’m sorry that happened . It sounds like you had a group of people who didn’t know what they were doing. You should have been able to do it like they explained on the call you made. Several people in this forum were able to . So strange.

I wanted to make my 4 day Canadian tickets into park hoppers. I was able to upgrade my 10 day ticket to an AP with no problem over the phone.

I was told I would need to pay the full price 376 us for both, I believe.

It is cheaper to pay for Disney After hours (with my annual pass discount) for 3 of us than to upgrade the 2 passes. Hopefully there is something in September. And they told me I could only do it at guest services or at the parks.

Good luck upgrading. It sounds like that is challenging from what I read before I tried.

Anyone know the cost of the 5-day Canadian discount ticket? Trying to figure out what the cost will be to add a day (counting in the loss of discount). (I got mine on Air Miles, so don’t know the cost them).

Anyone know the cost of the 5-day Canadian discount ticket? Trying to figure out what the cost will be to add a day (counting in the loss of discount). (I got mine on Air Miles, so don’t know the cost them).
I purchased 2 5-day hoppers and they were $395US plus tax each. My total for both was $841.36US.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter