Adding a night...

DisneyMomma930

Disney addict since 1984
We are booked for 8/13-8/20 in a family suite at AoA and want to add a night on 8/12 so we can arrive a day earlier. Our package was booked in February for free dining so that promo is over. I was going to book yesterday with the Sun & Fun offer but I didn't know it ended yesterday. :( Now what?? The room rate is back up to full price. Do I wait to see if they start a new promo? Im so bummed.

When this happened to us, we took whatever deal was in the Mousesavers newsletter. Usually a pretty good deal. Or maybe stay in DS for a night.

When this happened to us, we took whatever deal was in the Mousesavers newsletter. Usually a pretty good deal. Or maybe stay in DS for a night.

How do I find a deal in mousesavers? Ive never used it before. I would rather not switch resorts. My other thought was switch our package to arrive that Monday if there's availability and they let us, and then adding a night to the end of our stay at a nicer resort to end our vacation at a deluxe. But that would only be 1 night and not sure its worth it....

We are booked for 8/13-8/20 in a family suite at AoA and want to add a night on 8/12 so we can arrive a day earlier. Our package was booked in February for free dining so that promo is over. I was going to book yesterday with the Sun & Fun offer but I didn't know it ended yesterday. :( Now what?? The room rate is back up to full price. Do I wait to see if they start a new promo? Im so bummed.

You can call and see if there is availability for 8/12 to be added to your existing reservation. Even though the booking window is over, modifications can be made (pending availability), but you will have to speak with guest services as regular reservation CMs don't have the authority to check availability/modify a reservation that's booked under an expired promo. The only downside is in order to add it to your current reservation, all 8 nights must be available under FD as if it was a new reservation. If that doesn't work, you could check third party sites like Expedia, etc to see if they have any discounted rooms for that 1 night. I wouldn't think a new promo would come out for that time frame as there's been 2 already (FD and the newly expired room discount), but anything is possible. Good luck!

You can call and see if there is availability for 8/12 to be added to your existing reservation. Even though the booking window is over, modifications can be made (pending availability), but you will have to speak with guest services as regular reservation CMs don't have the authority to check availability/modify a reservation that's booked under an expired promo. The only downside is in order to add it to your current reservation, all 8 nights must be available under FD as if it was a new reservation. If that doesn't work, you could check third party sites like Expedia, etc to see if they have any discounted rooms for that 1 night. I wouldn't think a new promo would come out for that time frame as there's been 2 already (FD and the newly expired room discount), but anything is possible. Good luck!

Thank you. Im going to call and see what they say. The rate went up $100 from yesterday I am so bummed. It doesn't make sense to add it at that price point. Unless we do a night at Pop or something but we are a party of 5 and really can't fit in a standard room comfortably.

Thank you. Im going to call and see what they say. The rate went up $100 from yesterday I am so bummed. It doesn't make sense to add it at that price point. Unless we do a night at Pop or something but we are a party of 5 and really can't fit in a standard room comfortably.

You're welcome! Yes, definitely call as it can't hurt. Good luck, I hope it works out to add that night to your existing reservation :wizard:.

You're welcome! Yes, definitely call as it can't hurt. Good luck, I hope it works out to add that night to your existing reservation :wizard:.

No luck. They said there was no rooms available for the free dining promo for that night. Bummer :(

Since there are 5 of you in the room you've made the break even point so I'd just pay the extra $100.00
Should another deal be available before you check in you can always try to modify the ressie but at least your overall reservation and room is already reserved.

Since there are 5 of you in the room you've made the break even point so I'd just pay the extra $100.00
Should another deal be available before you check in you can always try to modify the ressie but at least your overall reservation and room is already reserved.
My thought is this...Im adding a night so we can do EMM at MK the next morning. To add a room in a family suite at AoA is 450. But since were arriving in the evening it doesnt justify spending that much just to add a night in the suite. Im thinking of adding a night just in a little mermaid room just so we can sleep and get up and go to EMM at MK and then come back and check in to our suite. Its 2 adults, 3 kids so we could make it work for just a night. Im just trying to see what we should do...I know the little mermaid rooms are super small. I thought about doing a room at Pop for the night but I really dont want to change resorts. Thats too much work. Im waiting to book flights based on if I get the extra night...

Unless you have a child that is 2 or younger you won't be allowed to book a single room at Pop. They only allow 4 people and one infant 2 or under.

I'd check POR or CBR for that one night. You can fit 5 at both of those resorts.

Unless you have a child that is 2 or younger you won't be allowed to book a single room at Pop. They only allow 4 people and one infant 2 or under.

I'd check POR or CBR for that one night. You can fit 5 at both of those resorts.

Its me, DH, 3 kids- 16, 9, and 2. So we are allowed to do it. The 2 yr old sleeps in pack n play but the other two cant share a bed (boy/girl) so we would have to figure out me sleeping with the girl and dad sleeping with the boy for a night. Still cumbersome. Ahhh decisions...

Its me, DH, 3 kids- 16, 9, and 2. So we are allowed to do it. The 2 yr old sleeps in pack n play but the other two cant share a bed (boy/girl) so we would have to figure out me sleeping with the girl and dad sleeping with the boy for a night. Still cumbersome. Ahhh decisions...

A single room at POR or CBR would be cheaper than the Family Suite. If you don't want to cram into a value room for the one night. And it would give you an additional sleeping surface. The 9 year old would fit on the pull down.

A single room at POR or CBR would be cheaper than the Family Suite. If you don't want to cram into a value room for the one night. And it would give you an additional sleeping surface. The 9 year old would fit on the pull down.

That’s a good thought! I’ve stayed at POR and loved it. Never stayed at CBR...

One night at CBR is $200 less than one night at AoA in a family suite. That’s bananas! I just really don’t want to have to change resorts. Since we’re doing EMM at MK what would we do with our bags? Go back to the resort at 11 to check out and move to AoA or just leave bags at the front and get them whenever? Either way just sounds like a pain to do at 630 am. :(

One night at CBR is $200 less than one night at AoA in a family suite. That’s bananas! I just really don’t want to have to change resorts. Since we’re doing EMM at MK what would we do with our bags? Go back to the resort at 11 to check out and move to AoA or just leave bags at the front and get them whenever? Either way just sounds like a pain to do at 630 am. :(

If you're changing rooms at all, irregardless of resort, you'll have to figure out your bags. What I would do is pack as much as possible the night before (or don't unpack much in your case), call bell services around 6:15 AM and have them come get your bags to either move to a second resort or hold for a different room category in the resort you are in, and then don't come back from the park until your new room is ready. Then call for your bags when you get into the second room. If you are switching resorts I think they say you might not get your bags until 3-5 PM, if you are in the same resort they will be available as soon as you get your second room. Then you aren't homeless for any period of time, you're just at the MK having fun and returning to a different room. It won't be that hard, since you won't really have to pack up much given it's your arrival night. The only hangup is if you wanted to return to your room earlier, like soon after EMM. Then you can't, because you probably won't have a room and if you switch resorts you won't have your bags yet even if you do have a room.

If you're changing rooms at all, irregardless of resort, you'll have to figure out your bags. What I would do is pack as much as possible the night before (or don't unpack much in your case), call bell services around 6:15 AM and have them come get your bags to either move to a second resort or hold for a different room category in the resort you are in, and then don't come back from the park until your new room is ready. Then call for your bags when you get into the second room. If you are switching resorts I think they say you might not get your bags until 3-5 PM, if you are in the same resort they will be available as soon as you get your second room. Then you aren't homeless for any period of time, you're just at the MK having fun and returning to a different room. It won't be that hard, since you won't really have to pack up much given it's your arrival night. The only hangup is if you wanted to return to your room earlier, like soon after EMM. Then you can't, because you probably won't have a room and if you switch resorts you won't have your bags yet even if you do have a room.

I didn’t know bell services would take our bags to the new resort. That’s fantastic! Maybe I will book a room at CBR and we can save $ and still see a different resort while there. I’m wishing we did a split stay but since free dining expired we were locked in. I didn’t even know split stays were a thing til I joined these boards :)

Now its coming down to: what will I pay for convenience? Not having to switch rooms.....because if I pay for a suite there's a good chance they would keep us in the same room for our stay if I have them link the reservations. Or do I save $ and deal with moving....hmmmmmm

No luck. They said there was no rooms available for the free dining promo for that night. Bummer :(
I recently added a night to our trip, it wasn’t on the Free Dining, but a different offer.

The first time I called, there was nothing, but was told to keep calling back until a room was available to add on. I did and was able to add on to our existing reservation.

Don’t take the word of the first person you speak with. Call back until you get what you want. People are constantly adding and canceling. Something may open up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter