Adding Dining to Second Hotel in Split Stay

sam1985

Earning My Ears
I have a split stay planned.
My understanding is that the dining plan is per reservation so I could add it just for the second stay.(?)
If that's correct can I book my tickets as one package (i.e., book 8 days of tickets even though my second stay is only 5 nights)?

If I can would that plan also work should free dining be offered? I

I think free dining, should it be offered, would be a better deal for me than the room discount on my second hotel (WL). But I think much of the savings would be negated if I have to buy two ticket packages (i.e., a 5 day package and a 3 day package).

I have a split stay planned.
My understanding is that the dining plan is per reservation so I could add it just for the second stay.(?)
If that's correct can I book my tickets as one package (i.e., book 8 days of tickets even though my second stay is only 5 nights)?

If I can would that plan also work should free dining be offered? I

I think free dining, should it be offered, would be a better deal for me than the room discount on my second hotel (WL). But I think much of the savings would be negated if I have to buy two ticket packages (i.e., a 5 day package and a 3 day package).

The easiest way to do free dining, if offered, is to put it on the first part of your stay. With date based tickets, putting the tickets on the 2nd half in order to get the free dining could be problematic (but I've not done it since date based came into being). Plus, if you have the free dining on the first stay, then you would have mugs to use for the entire stay instead of just the second part.

If it's not free dining, then you just purchase the number of days tickets you want for the entire stay on your first stay, then do a "ticketless package" with dining on the second stay. You have to call to get the ticketless package; it cannot be done online.

hmm, free dining on the first part isn't really worth it. We have 2 nights at AA and 5 nights at WL. All of our ADR are on the later part of the trip.
Pricing it our, it still makes sense to get the dining, even if we have to pay for it. But free dining is slightly better than room discount if this year follows historical trends.

hmm, free dining on the first part isn't really worth it. We have 2 nights at AA and 5 nights at WL. All of our ADR are on the later part of the trip.
Pricing it our, it still makes sense to get the dining, even if we have to pay for it. But free dining is slightly better than room discount if this year follows historical trends.

One work around would be to purchase "anytime" tickets instead of date-based on the free dining portion. Then you could use them during the first stay. Not sure what the price difference is; it might make the room discount a better deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter