Adding glitter to an Iron On ( Amy Mickey iron on)

ToddyLu

Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray
So I have designed my shirts for our Dec Trip. I have one I love with a Frozen theme and there are mountains in it. I would love to highlight the edge of the mountains with a small amount of glitter. Do I use a specific glue and sprinkle the glitter on or do I use a glitter vinyl and iron it on---or will this not work at all. I do not have a Cricut or other cutting tool, so I would just cut a little sliver of silver glitter to add once it on the shirt. I did not know if the iron on would be ruined if I used a glue--I am thinking some sort of sticky product would work....but I have no idea. Anyone add embellishments on the transfer after it is on the shirt????

It isn't absolutely necessary that I have glitter...but it would look so cute.

And yes, I emailed Amy first and she wasn't sure and told me to ask on here.....

Sorry I can't help you, but I would like to add glitter to one of my shirts also. I am planning on doing a Wishes tshirt for the ending of Wishes and I would love to add some glitter to it. I was planning on maybe using glitter paint in gold and painting on where it will say Wishes. Not sure how long this will last but I really want to wear it to the final night of Wishes. Hopefully someone will come along here an help.

See great minds think alike!!

I saw a website last night where a woman used a glue and then sprinkled the glitter on each separate area. It was a snow cone printed on vinyl, the cherry was pink and the snow was orange. She let the glitter dry in between so they would not get mixed. So pink, dry for a while, then orange dry for a while. Once they were dry she used a little paint brush to sweep away the excess glitter, revealing a little defined edge between the colors which looked great. I made a product list and would love to share it with you if it will help. I know my iron on isn't Vinyl but this wasn't heat activated--she said you could not use an iron on this vinyl so I thought it would be safe for my shirt.

She used a 2 way glue pen with a soft chisel tip ( Zig brand) she used the large size so I thought if the other side had a small tip I would use that one.
A small paint brush. I have some nail brushes that I could use too so that only a small amount of glue would be applied. Brush is also needed to wipe away the excess
She also used ultrafine scrapbooking glitter in opalescent or translucent shade so the color would shine through, and it did because it looked like colored glitter not clear. So it wasnt pink or orange glitter but a clear glitter I guess. But I don't know why I could find silver if I looked.

So far this seems to be the way I am going to go unless someone has a better idea. Your project sounds awesome. When I get home tonight I will try to find the website and post the link here. :flower1:

We are traveling to WDW 4/28-5/05 and will just miss the final show. I am going to miss it. DH and I were at Wishes by chance the first night it was shown at MK--2005 I guess. They had closed down the outside roads cause of the crowds. We watched it and were awed and then to see that sea of humanity exit the park was incredible. I won't ever forget that crowd leaving, I have never seen so many people. We of course were looking forward and up and didn't realize that the crowd stetched all the way to train depot and completely across the width of Main Street, until we turned around and DH and I just looked at each other. Still one of my best memories of our Disney trips.

My daughter uses fabric glue from craft store, a small paint brush to put glue where you want it on the design, sprinkle the glitter. We use fine glitter from craft store in many colors. And we always use Amy's tranfers. My grand daughters love the glitter and the shirts look awesome.

My daughter uses fabric glue from craft store, a small paint brush to put glue where you want it on the design, sprinkle the glitter. We use fine glitter from craft store in many colors. And we always use Amy's tranfers. My grand daughters love the glitter and the shirts look awesome.
I am curious to know how the glue/glitter hold up with washing?

I am curious to know how the glue/glitter hold up with washing?

Not very well. We washed them in cold water and let them air dry. Some did okay but most of them didnt. My granddaughters out grew them so fast it didnt matter on theirs.

I actually started putting glitter on my designs that i got from the wonderful designers on the board i used regular elmers glue back in 2010 but i now use Mod-podge and a very fine paint brush and fine glitter that you can get at Michael's or Hobby Lobby and just paint over where i wanted the glitter i usually let dry for 24 hours and then i took camp dry that you can get at Walmart and sprayed it over the design it help up for a full 2 week trips yes i do Disney trips for two weeks and they help up, to this day i still have most of the glitter on the shirts but after the girls got home they really didn't where them but as a sentimental Mom i keep them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter