Adding on, which resort?

Luvmyfam3

I love DVC!
Hi all!

We are considering adding on to our BWV points. I'm sure that we could buy BWV points resale, but getting points with WLV intrigues me. What have y'all found? Is it too much of a hassle to have add-on points with a different resort? Does it make just as much sense to add-on with BWV points and then just use them all at WLV sometime? I know that the 11/7 month thing comes into consideration..... (BTW, we usually use our points in January, if that would make a difference).

Thanks for your input!

Kim:D

I'm new, haven't even made a trip "home" yet, and am considering add ons. To me, the ideal would be to add on at your base resort with the same use year month. That avoids the potential for moving, or playing with the banking and borrowing. It would seem to me that if your add on is small, this would be the first option.

But the BWV is sold out so resale is the only way to get more points there. The odds of finding the exact amount of points with the use month you want are probably slim, though it is still worth checking on periodically, IMHO.

If your add on points are similar in quantity to what you originally bought, then it probably makes little difference in which resort (as long as it is a WDW resort). For instance, if you have 175 BWV points and are adding on 150 VWL points, that should be no problem because you can do some pretty basic banking/borrowing to alternate which points you use and get your ressies all on the same point allotment.

There are a lot of "add on veterans" on this board, so I'll defer to them as to how much of a hassle it is to have different "homes" and different point amounts.

Just my thoughts without having done much research.

When you "add on" points by purchasing through the resale market, you are just buying another contract - could be any use year and whatever number of points are being offered. The price is what you agree upon with the seller.

Many of us have multiple contracts. Can get a little complicated managing points, use years, and banking and borrowing, but DVCDAVE built a killer program that keeps it all in order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter