Adjoining Rooms??

cruisnfamily

DIS Veteran
How can I find out if I have an "adjoiner" or not? I ask this because I DON"T want one, not because I want one. I have trouble making out the little symbols on the DCL website deck plans but it appears to me this is an adjoining room and if so I will request a change immediately!

Room 6564....can anyone tell me for sure?

We asked for a Cat 6 midships, as close to the elevators as possible but I never even thought about this possibility. Can you really hear your neighbors? Can they hear you? We're far enough from sailing that it shouldn't be a problem to change but I want to do so right away. Anybody got a room number for me to request?

Ditto,
Any rooms with the little black arrows are adj.
Hope you can find one available that you'll like :)

Cabins close to elevators that are not connecting include:

6056, 6058, 6060, 6062, 6556, 6558, 6560, 6562

Those are the ones that look closest to the Midship Elevator Lobby. After those are a few sets of connecting rooms.

This is just based on the deck plans in the DCL brochure I have here. I don't know what any of these rooms are like, though. They are all Category 6, though.

Hope that helps and good luck with the room change.

DH and I originally had a connecting Category 7 room, and were lucky enough to get it changed once that category became available again.

Cabin 6564 has connecting doors with 6566. It sounds like you're more interested in avoiding a cabin with connecting doors rather than one that adjoins.

I use a magnifying glass to look at the deck plans on the screen, but I have 'mature eyes' and wear glasses.

You need to state how many people will be in the cabin, if you need 4, the number of cabins is more limited.

hope that helps

You're right!
We're talking adjoining, where I think we mean <-connecting->
We have 5 reserved for Dec., you'd think I'd know what the heck they're called!! :crazy:

To answer your question about "can you hear your neighbor through the door...." YES YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We just got back from the Magic and had a "adjourner - connecting" room and we ended up moving to one that wasn't. We could hear the conversation of our neighbors very well. AND the little tantrum the little girl was having one morning!! We were in 5022 secret porthole room and moved to 5002 oceanview. 5002 was A LOT more quiet then the secret porthole room. The only thing we heard in 5002 was the early show in the Walt Disney Theater. (it was right above the theater). But other then that it was a very quiet room! I will never get an adjourner/connecting room again!

Another reason I am very glad we moved from deck 2 to deck 5. We were able to get secret porthole room 5520 a few months after we originally booked (thanks Michelle). If we stayed on deck 2 we were going to be in an adjoiner. Now that we have one of the least obstructed secret portholes we also dont have a connector!

OK,

I'm confused.:confused:

Is there a difference between adjoining and or connecting rooms?

We had a room last year that had a door on our side, a little tiny space and then another door into my dsis room.

I am hoping that this is what we have again this year. There was no noise and yet it was very convienient for the 4 of us to open the doors and talk when we wanted to.

Is there a difference in connecting/adjoining?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.:rolleyes:

Adjoining means next to each other.

Connecting means there is a door between two adjoining rooms.

I learned this in a very long and confusing conversation with a CRO CM several years back.

Thanks Michele,

We have CONNECTING staterooms for our January cruise!

I guess you do learn something new every day.:smooth:

We were on the Magic in January and had 2 connecting rooms because we have a large family. We closed the door at night and it wasn't my kids I heard screaming next door it was kids screaming on the other side of us (not connected rooms).

**Helpful hint for those going with connecting rooms who want to have the door open: take a medisum size bunge cord because the doors are very heavy and it takes alot to hold them open.

Hope that info helps someone!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter