ADR at Oga's at 7:45 pm on night when DHS closes at 7

It looks as though Oga's is just maintaining a steady 8pm close no matter what the park hours are. Disney could always extend park hours, but I don't think Oga's being open until 8pm would be an indication of that.

The park is supposed to close at 7:00 p.m. but this reservation just popped up for the first time yesterday!
Correct, the reservation popped up because someone probably cancelled it and you were on at the right time. But yes, I don’t think the hours will be extended at the parks. Oga’s has been having an 8pm close usually even when the park closes at 7.

Strange. When we booked our Oga's ADRs we did it at 64 days out for our trip and took the lastest times they had and that was 6:45pm / 6:50pm. Actually tried to book late times for 3 different places in MK, DHS, and EPCOT and nothing was beyond the official close times for those parks as of the day we made our ADRs.; Since then both MK and EPCOT have extended their hours but we decided to keep our times for now.

I've been trying to get an Oga's for our December trip forever! With the even further limitations to the seating now it's very hard to snag.

It looks as though Oga's is just maintaining a steady 8pm close no matter what the park hours are. Disney could always extend park hours, but I don't think Oga's being open until 8pm would be an indication of that.
So, does that mean rides will still be operating for people with late ressies? I’m assuming the shops would be open anyway as they “clear the parks” 😉

So, does that mean rides will still be operating for people with late ressies? I’m assuming the shops would be open anyway as they “clear the parks” 😉
Usually no on the rides. You have to be on the line prior to park close time to get to ride it.

We did an Oga's 7:45 ADR Oct 9th and the park closed at 7:00 that day.

The rides were already closed. We got trapped a bit as we finished up our day on Slinky Dog Dash and planned to walk into Galaxy's Edge from Toy Story Land, but at 6:45 or so they already had that pathway closed, so we had to walk around the long way. We spent our 30 min or so in Galaxy's Edge while we waited for our table by taking pictures with the park empty and I played on Star Wars Data Pad on the Play Disney Parks App. We could have shopped at the front of the park, but everything else in Galaxy's edge was already closed.

When we finished up our drinks a cast member walked us back to the Star Tours/ Sci Fi Dine In area and we headed out of the park on our own from there.

We did an Oga's 7:45 ADR Oct 9th and the park closed at 7:00 that day.

The rides were already closed. We got trapped a bit as we finished up our day on Slinky Dog Dash and planned to walk into Galaxy's Edge from Toy Story Land, but at 6:45 or so they already had that pathway closed, so we had to walk around the long way. We spent our 30 min or so in Galaxy's Edge while we waited for our table by taking pictures with the park empty and I played on Star Wars Data Pad on the Play Disney Parks App. We could have shopped at the front of the park, but everything else in Galaxy's edge was already closed.

When we finished up our drinks a cast member walked us back to the Star Tours/ Sci Fi Dine In area and we headed out of the park on our own from there.
Crazy! I’m shocked that the walkway to SWGE & their shops were closed. But having an empty park would be super cool & I bet your pics are wonderful!! Thanks for sharing 😄

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!