ADR honored if DP dropped?

SlightlyGoofy

<font color=green>I shall be forced to take you on
I just just wondering, re the recent posting that WP Cafe might not be part of the DP now, (not true it is the DDE that is no longer accepted) that if you already have an ADR and a particular restaurant is dropped from the DP, goes to 2 credits or otherwise changes if the ADR would still be honored.

Nothing better to do so I am just asking. :cool1:

Slightly Goofy

The ADR would still be honored. The DP is just a way of paying for your TS. Anyone staying in WDW can make an ADR. You just pay for your meal at the end like you would if you were eating at home.

Hi there MagicMe. Thank you so much for the reply but that is not exactly what I mean. I understand that the DP is just a way of prepaying for meals.

What I was wondering is if a restaurant was dropped from the DP and we already had an ADR if they would still honor the DP. Or if they went from one credit needed to two.

Just wondering.

Slightly Goofy

No, I don't think it is still honored. They don't necessarily keep track of the date you make the reservation and compare it to the date the DP was dropped - too much work - so you can eat there and pay in cash or drop your ADR and try another restaurant.

I would guess no. When they changed the age from 11 to 9 just before our last trip, Disney Dining told me serveral times that since my ADR's were made before the change they would honor it. Of course when we arrived it wasn't true & they were charged as adults.

MagicMe said:
The ADR would still be honored. The DP is just a way of paying for your TS. Anyone staying in WDW can make an ADR. You just pay for your meal at the end like you would if you were eating at home.

Actually, anyone staying ANYWHERE can make an ADR. You don't have to stay on-site.

jjohnson. that is a bummer. To be told one thing and have something else happen when you arrive must have been disappointing.

IMO, it is a contract and since you made the contract in full faith and in compliance with the rules given at the time they should honor it. Doubt I would waste time and energy fighting it though. :banana:

I had thought someone on the boards had reported getting a prior agreement honored.

We shall see what happens. It is a long time until our trip and most anything might happen. I must stop printing out menus for places that will change a few times before our trip. Those printer cartridges get expensive. :rotfl2:

Slightly Goofy

WP Cafe? Just wondering: do you mean Whispering Canyon Cafe? DS wants dinner there and I've already made ADR's with the DP...

MickeyMonstersMom, I was talking about Wolfgang Puck's Cafe. It was reported that they had dropped out of the DP but it was the DDE that they had dropped.

SG

Thanks. I pride myself on being something of a Disney geek and couldn't think of any other acronym. Obviously, I need to visit DTD a little more. :blush:

MickeyMonstersMom, my dear, no blushes are necessary. I go quite often and for extended periods of time and just learned of this place recently. If not for the DIS boards we would miss out on sooooo much. :love:

No one of us can know it all but together we can conquer the World (Disney World that is). :grouphug:

Slightly Goofy

I am editing my previuos post.....if you make an ADR with a restaraunt that was participating in the DDP at the time the ADR was made, and that restaraunt is no longer participating or went from 1 TS to 2 TS, then unfortunately, you would fall under whatever the new guidelines would be.

Ex....If I make an ADR today (for my September trip) for Le Cellier which now only takes 1 TS meal per person....when September rolls around, let's say Le Cellier is either no longer on DDP or now takes 2 TS meals per person, I would either pay OOP for our meals (if it is no longer on DDP) or I would have to use 2 TS meals per person if I still wanted to eat here.

I hope this helps!

SlightlyGoofy said:
I just just wondering, re the recent posting that WP Cafe might not be part of the DP now, (not true it is the DDE that is no longer accepted) that if you already have an ADR and a particular restaurant is dropped from the DP, goes to 2 credits or otherwise changes if the ADR would still be honored.

Nothing better to do so I am just asking. :cool1: Slightly Goofy

I thought I remembered a bunch of DIS'ers cancelling reservations or changing how they were going to pay last year when Cindrella's Breakfast went from 1 to 2 credits. I believe that the DP is subject to change at any time(eg:snack credit changes) so I would always look to the Dining folks for upto the minute changes and advice.

SlightlyGoofy said:
Hi there MagicMe. Thank you so much for the reply but that is not exactly what I mean. I understand that the DP is just a way of prepaying for meals.

What I was wondering is if a restaurant was dropped from the DP and we already had an ADR if they would still honor the DP. Or if they went from one credit needed to two.

Just wondering.

Slightly Goofy

When CRT went from 1 to 2 they made announcements like "Starting Jan 1st". I may be wrong, but I believe I remember reading that people that had already purchased the DP and had ressies were still honored. Try doing a search on some of the older threads. I think it was around the Jan time-frame.

Good luck on your quest. :thumbsup2

pepperw23 said:
When CRT went from 1 to 2 they made announcements like "Starting Jan 1st". I may be wrong, but I believe I remember reading that people that had already purchased the DP and had ressies were still honored. Try doing a search on some of the older threads. I think it was around the Jan time-frame.

Good luck on your quest. :thumbsup2

Disney announced the change more than 90 days in advance. At that time you could only make a reservation within 90 days all guests were told CRT cost 2 credits There wasn't any grandfathering but there was enough notice so guests with existing reservations weren't affected.

The only time you're grandfathered is if the price is increased on a meal that you pre-paid in full such as one of the dinner shows.

I guess it makes some sort of sense that they would not be able to honor a previous offer since it would be hard to make up a bill with the old prices etc on it.

I just was wondering and knew that there would be other obsessed people here who would know the answer. :goodvibes

I forget whom posted about cancelling an ADR if I was not going to use it. I think it must have been edited. I may be remiss in a few Disney rules but I am "practically perfect in every way" in the ADR category. I do not ever remember not showing up for a ressie and have been known to walk a distance to cancel one when necessary.

Thank you all for taking your time to pass the time of day with me this evening.

Slightly Goofy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter