Ads covering up content

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
As of this morning (4/10/19) the topmost ad on the DIS is covering up the <Alerts> and <Watched Threads> buttons on my screen.

I'm on a Desktop right now, using Google Chrome, and I'm seeing three top bar ads. The uppermost one seems to be the new one.

This has been an issue and sadly the only way to fix it is with a anti ad addon

I had been having that same issue on google chrome on my laptop but it seems to have resolved itself.

I had been having that same issue on google chrome on my laptop but it seems to have resolved itself.
Mine has been doing it off and on for a while, don't be surprised it it happens again. I was annoyed enough today to look into it. Hopefully the ad blocker will fix it permanently.

Would you believe it's gotten worse? Now it's the blue bar that's expanded, instead of the black one.

Since my original post, I had found a tiny gap that happened to be over the "watched threads" button, and was able to carefully click on that (though I still couldn't search effectively). But now even that is gone. :(

I'm hoping this means they're experimenting to fix the problem.

Would you believe it's gotten worse? Now it's the blue bar that's expanded, instead of the black one (see screenshot above).

Since my original post, I had found a tiny gap that happened to be over the "watched threads" button, and was able to carefully click on that (though I still couldn't search effectively). But now even that is gone. :(

I'm hoping this means they're experimenting to fix the problem.
Have you tried an ad blocker? I haven't had a problem since I downloaded mine.

This flashes briefly when the DIS loads, and is what the page used to look like before any problems:

DIS - usable screen.png

Then as soon as the ads load, it looks like this:

DIS -UNusable screen.png

It's covering up a whole row of navigation tools, and one ad is even covering part of the other ad - so I can't imagine the sponsors are happy paying for something people aren't seeing, either.

Last edited:
Have you tried an ad blocker? I haven't had a problem since I downloaded mine.

No, I haven't. I'm not "techy" at all, and was hesitant to download something without a real computer person here.

Plus, I was hoping to avoid paying for a service I don't need - since I don't mind the ads in the right place. (I figure that's how the DIS pays for itself.)

But it's getting tougher to use, so I may have to give it a try.

Last edited:
I have the same issue. I have found recently that I can click New Posts (which is what I like to use) through a small gap between ads. Or if I'm fast enough I can click new posts before the ad finishes loading. But annoying for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!