"Adult" ordering from children's menu

pbmouseman

Mouseketeer
We're traveling to WDW in late January. Our party consists of 8, 4 adults and 4 children (10, 9, 8, and 6). To get the DDP we had to pay for our 10 year old at the adult rate. I'm thinking that it might be better for us to use her TS credits to supplement the four adults at a signature restaurant one evening (perhaps California Grill so we can watch Wishes), and for those meals we can purchase a meal for our 10 year old off of the children's menu. In all likelihood she won't want to eat everything that goes with the adult TS plan, and by purchasing her meal from the children's menu we could get more bang for our buck.

Is that doable? Does it make sense?

It is doable, just make sure the server understands how many TS credits to use and that you are paying for the child out of pocket. Check your receipt to verify it was credited correctly before leaving the restaurant.

Keep in mind that the portions for the kids CS meals are very small. They aren't going to be enough for my ds8 and probably not for dd5 - I can't imagine them being enough for a 10 y/o unless she barely eats.

Keep in mind that the portions for the kids CS meals are very small. They aren't going to be enough for my ds8 and probably not for dd5 - I can't imagine them being enough for a 10 y/o unless she barely eats.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm assuming that CS means Counter Service. We can use the DP QS credits for that. If I'm wrong about what CS means, let me know. Can you tell me what size the children's meals are at TS restaurants?

Yes CS means Counter Service which is what you will use with the QSDP. The table service kids meals are about the same size portions that you would get at any sit-down restaurant at home.

We've been to Cali Grill a few times with our kids, and if they're pizza (flatbread) fans, the pizza should be enough in my opinion. My boys actually split one last time and we still had some left over. They like the rice crispie sushi dessert~too cute!!

I think your plan sounds just fine. My DD was 14 on our last trip. She is not a big eater and often doesn't like the selections on the adult menu. We order off the kids menu for her and pay OOP. Then we use her credits for the signature places. She has also just ordered an appetizer at some places and we pay OOP for that too. Never had a problem. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter