Adult with “kid food” diet

For those who don’t eat fruits and vegetables do you take vitamins to compensate?
Also you would think not eating any fruits and veggies would resault in a very slow moving digestive system.

We were discussing at work yesterday the amount of sick people around and I commented that I rarely get sick, I haven’t missed a day of work since I started the job over five years ago. Someone said it’s probably because I’m vegan and I said it’s most likely because I consume such a high amount of fruit and veg, they are natural immunity boosters with all those vitamins.

Also you would think not eating any fruits and veggies would resault in a very slow moving digestive system.

We were discussing at work yesterday the amount of sick people around and I commented that I rarely get sick, I haven’t missed a day of work since I started the job over five years ago. Someone said it’s probably because I’m vegan and I said it’s most likely because I consume such a high amount of fruit and veg, they are natural immunity boosters with all those vitamins.

Not eating dairy is helpful too. I limit mine especially when it's cold season as dairy tends to thicken up congestion for me.

Last edited:
If people know what they like why be so pretentious to tell them they are wrong? What are they hurting? People get anxiety over foods or have severe reactions to them. I literally cannot eat pickles without vomiting immediately afterwards. I was forced in school to “try” them and literally puked all over a lunch room. Just the scent can make me gag, I can’t control it. I would like to be more adventurous but have learned it can easily ruin my evening quickly.

I have ALWAYS wondered this. People get all preachy if adults don't eat what they think they should.

I’m assuming buttered coffee is a typo lol

Buttered coffee is actually a diet trend. It's pretty much what it sounds like - putting a pat of butter into your coffee.

"Butter coffee is said to slow the spike in energy levels associated with normal coffee-drinking, and to make drinkers feel full for as long as six hours. Fans of the drink claim it’s a brain food, improving mental acuity and focus. It supposedly curbs appetites, assists in weight loss, and can even improve skin tone and complexion. "

Just curious if those of you who are picky eaters are over weight, under weight or average weight for a person your size?

Buttered coffee is actually a diet trend. It's pretty much what it sounds like - putting a pat of butter into your coffee.

"Butter coffee is said to slow the spike in energy levels associated with normal coffee-drinking, and to make drinkers feel full for as long as six hours. Fans of the drink claim it’s a brain food, improving mental acuity and focus. It supposedly curbs appetites, assists in weight loss, and can even improve skin tone and complexion. "

Thanks for replying, but ewwwww

Thanks for replying, but ewwwww

I totally agree - not something I'll ever try, I like my coffee black.

I'm not a picky eater for the most part. I'm willing to try things usually, but I definitely have some major things that I just don't like. Certain cheeses, like feta or blue cheese I just can't handle. And I really don't care for seafood - although I would eat it to be polite if necessary.

I think of my daughter as a picky and somewhat bland eater, but I've noticed that when she is out with other people she eats better, so I'm assuming its more about control or something at home and don't put too much emphasis on it. I say she has to eat a veg with every meal, if 6 days out of 7 she chooses carrots I'm gonna let that go. I figure she'll figure that out at some point.

Just curious if those of you who are picky eaters are over weight, under weight or average weight for a person your size?
I mean I wish I liked more fruits and yogurts for more simple snacks. Also fish would be a great addition to help with the amount of fatty meat I eat. But my weight is due to seditary lifestyle lack of control eating out. I lost 30lbs last year by only eating 1200 calories a day. Which would be much easier if I liked more foods. I just dont tho.

People who are not picky will never understand picky eaters. Its not all about not wanitng to try new things it might be the fact that when they do try new things it ends bad.

My wife is in no way a picky eater, but absolutely refuses to eat salmon after getting very sick the last time she did, almost 10 years ago.

My wife is in no way a picky eater, but absolutely refuses to eat salmon after getting very sick the last time she did, almost 10 years ago.

I am in no way picky, but had an unfortunate ham incident which has scared me for life. Everyone has SOMETHING they won't eat. Or a few things.

That is very different than only eating three or four things EVER. lol!

As a long time vegan I have to say I don’t think the comparison is the same. I’m not picky at all, I will pretty much eat anything as long as it’s vegan. I’ll eat any vegetable out there and so will my vegetarian daughter. We are not picky. Plus what we eat is actually healthy.
I don't think that poster meant that being vegan/vegetarian was the same as being a very picky eater. I think they were putting the two in the same category when it comes to the other members of the household.

If one person is doing all the cooking, it's definitely more time consuming and complicated to make two separate meals because one person has dietary restrictions (either by choice or for medical reasons). My dad was diagnosed with celiac when I was an infant, so I have seen how that has to be taken into account and planned for at every meal for nearly 40 years in their house.

Makes you wonder if it is how someone is raised ? Totally unrelated but I was raised with dessert after every meal being part of my evening meal . Every meal I can remember growing up was topped off with a dessert after. Being out of my parents house for many, many ( manyyyy) moons , I still to this day have to have some type of sweet in the evening or I kind of go bonkers. Haha
In my family it was ice cream. And I did pass that on to my kids when they were little. I remember them being toddlers and my husband getting ready to put them to bed and they would say, "But, daddy, we CAN'T go to bed because we haven't had any ice cream yet". He always thought it was ridiculous, but he also eats in the evening it's just not usually something sweet (and he doesn't eat ice cream at all).

Well, now that we’re in middle age, both DH and I could do with dropping 20. I don’t know that it’s related food choices; I consider him picky and consider myself well-rounded (no pun intended). I eat exponentially more fruit, vegetables and whole grains than he does and he eats waaaay more protein than I do.

I used to think I was a picky eater, but after reading here for a few years I don't think I'm that bad at all. 😄 I have gotten a bit more adventurous in adulthood, but still don't eat seafood, mushrooms, most nuts, raw tomatoes, bell peppers, raw onions, etc. I did try elk and frog legs on a business trip this past summer.

The PP said her friend used this as part of a 16:8 fast. Drinking this prior to the fast breaking isn't actually fasting though, as the butter has calories and this would break the fast I think.

My son has a friend who has never eaten more than 1 or 2 foods at a time---as in, now he eats pizza. Next month it might be chicken fingers, 2 years ago it was peanut butter and jelly. That's it except for maybe crackers or chocolate chip cookies. The kids is 16, painfully thin, and has never been sick a day in his life. He just has severe issues with food. His parents figured out early on that if they tried to push something new, he'd stop eating the one or two foods that he did eat. He isn't rude about it or demanding. If there's nothing available that he'll eat, he just says he's not hungry.

Several years ago a gentleman that I worked for explained it this way - some people live to eat and some people eat to live. DS friend is definitely in the eat to live category. I think a lot of the super picky eaters are. Food doesn't really bring them any enjoyment, eating is just something they have to do to survive.

I am only concerned with what the people in my household consume. I’m not about to tell another adult what they should eat or what their kids should eat. It amazes me how bold some people are when it comes to that. Yes there are very unhealthy people in this world. Junk food addiction is like drug addiction. It’s sad, but what can you do?

Nothing, that is why you come on a message board to talk about it.

My son has a friend who has never eaten more than 1 or 2 foods at a time---as in, now he eats pizza. Next month it might be chicken fingers, 2 years ago it was peanut butter and jelly. That's it except for maybe crackers or chocolate chip cookies. The kids is 16, painfully thin, and has never been sick a day in his life. He just has severe issues with food. His parents figured out early on that if they tried to push something new, he'd stop eating the one or two foods that he did eat. He isn't rude about it or demanding. If there's nothing available that he'll eat, he just says he's not hungry.

Several years ago a gentleman that I worked for explained it this way - some people live to eat and some people eat to live. DS friend is definitely in the eat to live category. I think a lot of the super picky eaters are. Food doesn't really bring them any enjoyment, eating is just something they have to do to survive.

My kid used to be like that. Mac and cheese only for a year. Nuggets for a year, etc. But she ate everything they served at daycare and summer camp. :sad2: She has eaten PB&J every day for lunch since kindergarten. She is now in 4th grade. She's slowly started adding to her menu, but lunch will never change. I figure there are worse things, so I don't push the lunch issue. She has been sick once in 5 years.

And for the people who asked about getting sick and/or vitamins/supplements: My kid has always taken a multi-vitamin with iron or a probiotic multi.

I used to think I was a picky eater, but after reading here for a few years I don't think I'm that bad at all. 😄 I have gotten a bit more adventurous in adulthood, but still don't eat seafood, mushrooms, most nuts, raw tomatoes, bell peppers, raw onions, etc. I did try elk and frog legs on a business trip this past summer.
I don't eat seafood either though I ate salmon as a kid. But I eat hummus now and coconut and edamame (soy beans) and that kind of stuff was something I never would have dreamed of eating when I was younger.

There's a brunch place called First Watch (they have multiple locations in my area) but anyways they have this menu item that has "seasoned potatoes, house-roasted Crimini mushrooms, zucchini, shallots, red peppers, baby spinach, melted Mozzarella and herbed Goat cheese" and that is something as a kid I would have never dreamed of eating--mushrooms, goat cheese that stuff wouldn't have been even on my radar.

BUT you've got me beat because I'm not at that point that frog legs or elk is something I would even consider eating lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter