Adult with “kid food” diet

Also you would think not eating any fruits and veggies would resault in a very slow moving digestive system.

We were discussing at work yesterday the amount of sick people around and I commented that I rarely get sick, I haven’t missed a day of work since I started the job over five years ago. Someone said it’s probably because I’m vegan and I said it’s most likely because I consume such a high amount of fruit and veg, they are natural immunity boosters with all those vitamins.
Never eat vegetables as I said and the digestive system is quite regular. I haven't missed a day of work in 25 years come April at the same employer other than I had to use time for when my kids both went to the hospital with Pneumonia in 1st grade. No missed days actually since 1988 with my first job at 16 yo because I was sick.

Just curious if those of you who are picky eaters are over weight, under weight or average weight for a person your size?
Average. I'm actually the thinnest ive been in my life right now. 5'7" and 174lbs. 6 years ago I was 199.

Never eat vegetables as I said and the digestive system is quite regular. I haven't missed a day of work in 25 years come April at the same employer other than I had to use time for when my kids both went to the hospital with Pneumonia in 1st grade. No missed days actually since 1988 with my first job at 16 yo because I was sick.
You said you snack on carrots, raw broccoli and eat a green salad every night. Those are vegetables.

I’m assuming buttered coffee is a typo lol
Buttered coffee is actually a diet trend. It's pretty much what it sounds like - putting a pat of butter into your coffee.

"Butter coffee is said to slow the spike in energy levels associated with normal coffee-drinking, and to make drinkers feel full for as long as six hours. Fans of the drink claim it’s a brain food, improving mental acuity and focus. It supposedly curbs appetites, assists in weight loss, and can even improve skin tone and complexion. "
Thanks for replying, but ewwwww
The PP said her friend used this as part of a 16:8 fast. Drinking this prior to the fast breaking isn't actually fasting though, as the butter has calories and this would break the fast I think.
That is a bunch of BS, it is no different than putting cream in your coffee.

Quoting all of these because someone might care...... or not. :)

Yep, buttered coffee because she was doing the 16 hour fast. So buttered coffee is still fasting, but me having cream (real cream I brought from home, not the white powder crap at PO-FQ) in my one cup in the AM is not, nor having one beer after 7 PM. She was very militant about this.

But yet having 9 Mickey Bars between 8-11 PM is fine because “I’m on vacation!”

I didn’t care what she ate, but I didn’t like being preached to. (By the way, I’m nearly 135 pounds, 5’5” and a size 4. She is, well, definitely not). I eat a low-carb, no-processed food diet usually, and actually make my own beer and wine.

I think in her case that she has lost some weight and she is working out and is in probably better shape that most of her life, at age 65. Maybe that’s why she’s so adamant about “the right way” to eat.

Combine that with being a picky eater and it was not fun hanging around here at times.

My wife is in no way a picky eater, but absolutely refuses to eat salmon after getting very sick the last time she did, almost 10 years ago.

I think that is different than being picky. I loved linguine with clam sauce as a kid. We were Catholics who observed the no meat on Friday’s during lent. It was my favorite Lenten meal and fish and seafood are high on my list of favorite foods. One evening I ate that for dinner and then later that night was afflicted with a stomach virus. It was years before I could stand the smell of linguine with clam sauce and a couple of decades before I could eat it again. Someone once told me that being unable to eat something once you had gotten sick on it was an innate self preservation mechanism that we all have.

Years later I had a similar experience with Jack Daniels but that’s a topic for another day.

Just curious if those of you who are picky eaters are over weight, under weight or average weight for a person your size?
Not overweight because of not eating vegetables. That came with 17 years of marriage eating decent meals.

Before marriage I ate 2 $0.99 Whoppers for lunch and 2 Whoppers for dinner more often than not.

Got married and my wife cooked dinner every night. Was married 17 years and divorced almost 5 years. I don't eat vegetables because I don't make the conscious decision to make vegetables. When I was married, my wife cooked and I ate whatever was cooked. If it was green beans I ate them. If peas I ate them.

Not overweight from lack of exercise either. I bicycle tour for a week+ at a time for 400-600 miles in the summer and try to ride daily from the end of winter in March/April to well into winter come December.

So, can I attribute my overweight to years of eating healthy meals with vegetables? :rotfl2:

My youngest DD started out picky. She'd refuse dinner, then later show up asking for a "snack". We wouldn't give in, so I told her she was welcome to have some baby carrots. Well after that I thought she'd turn orange. She realized the "snack' bs wasn't going to fly so she started eating part of the meal. As time went on she's ventured out (and is a very good cook), still won't eat fish... but that's ok! My SIL is another crazy story - early on in her relationship with my brother, she never told anyone about food issues. She'd never go with the family to a restaurant (busy, sick whatever) years rolled on, and my brother finally told us that she has a list of crazy requirements for dining out - she has to sit right by the door, nowhere near the kitchen, able to see out a window, no MSG in the food, no peanuts, no "weird" ethnic restaurants, her preferred place is Red Robin. She orders a basic burger, fries, no salad, and always desert (and she's diabetic) So now we just plan a restaurant, tell them where and if they come fine. If not... sorry no Red Robin today!

So, can I attribute my overweight to years of eating healthy meals with vegetables?

Also, just because there are vegetables doesn't necessarily mean it's "healthy". My husband had some major epiphanies about his family's eating habits after we were married. They ate vegetables with most meals, but they were smothered in sugar, cream, bacon grease, salt, etc and always cooked to mush.

I'm a mess trying to buy groceries. I don't plan anything as once I'm home, I don't like to go back out. So it's usually driving past on the way home and whip into the grocery store because I think of something at that moment I need to get.

I do a lot my shopping on the way home as well, which is compounded by the fact that I sub in three different towns, so different grocery stores are "on the way home" on different days. What I finally started doing is snapping a picture on my phone of the running grocery list we keep on the fridge. Then I know what I need, even when I didn't plan to stop.

As far as a grown man only eating chicken finger and mac and cheese... two things come to mind... First he's not ready to grow up yet... and Second, is it because they are cheap...

My friends DH will order the kids chicken fingers and mac and cheese at a restaurant that will let him, because they are the cheapest thing on the menu...

I do a lot my shopping on the way home as well, which is compounded by the fact that I sub in three different towns, so different grocery stores are "on the way home" on different days. What I finally started doing is snapping a picture on my phone of the running grocery list we keep on the fridge. Then I know what I need, even when I didn't plan to stop.
Nah, even simpler. I have a grocery list app on the phone and I'm too disorganized to do that, LOL.

I don't think I could ever date a picky eater, especially one as bad as the OP described. I love traveling and can guarantee a majority of countries will not have chicken fingers/mac&cheese. And even if they do, it's just such a huge shame to visit a place like Morocco but eat mac&cheese the entire trip.

I wonder ...do really picky eaters like to travel?? I feel like I'd just be so anxious everyday about what I would eat if I were abroad...especially Asian countries since they have such a different cuisine
When I went to Rome I lived on French Fries for a week. Also there is a Hard Rock Cafe in Rome. No I would not be able to travel a lot of places abroad. I envy anyone that can go anywhere and can eat everything. It is no fun being picky. But the food can’t stay down.

My husband only ate McDonald's, pork chops, meatloaf, bologna and mashed potatoes. This my second marriage and I made him follow the same rules as the kids, you have to try it but you don't have to eat it. He will now eat things I won't. As a kid he was forced to sit at the table until the food was gone or it was bedtime. He was leery of food. Once he realized I really didn't care if he liked stuff it took the pressure off. When the kids were little it was just us most of the time as ex was deployed most of the time. After work I would pick them up from daycare above we would cook dinner together, we rarely are out. They always wanted to eat what they "made". They are grown and will eat anything. I don't think I really know anyone with a limited diet.

Also, just because there are vegetables doesn't necessarily mean it's "healthy". My husband had some major epiphanies about his family's eating habits after we were married. They ate vegetables with most meals, but they were smothered in sugar, cream, bacon grease, salt, etc and always cooked to mush.

absolutely. my kids attended private schools for years that were strictly vegetarian. the lunches and potlucks were the most caloric, fat and sugar laden menus i've ever seen. the only time a veggie was devoid of a heavy fatty sauce or boiled/baked to within an inch of it's life was if someone brought a raw veggie platter but of course there was always the obligatory containers of ranch to drown those raw veggies in. don't get me wrong-i enjoy broccoli with cheese on occasion but i much prefer either raw or heated vegetables plain so that's how i've always prepared them.

Not into food shaming in any form. We ate a lot of basic, simple meals when I was a kid due to money and time. My mom had 5-7 go to meals she could throw together.

As an adult I branched out and like to try new foods all the time, but I have to be careful the older I get due to stomach issues.

I do not eat fruit other than grapes and satsumas and the occasional watermelon. I just don’t care for it.

I hate when people shame people about this kind of thing. Stop worrying about what other people eat. People are either shaming picky eaters, or shaming someone for eating carbs, or telling the world they are on keto or vegan or WW or whatever. I don’t get it. It starts so darn early with the formula vs breastfeeding debate and it just goes on and on from there. Why????
OP here, I’m definitely not food shaming anyone. Not my intention at all.

I have a close friend who only eats chicken fingers and drinks Diet Mountain Dew. She's a ton of fun in nice restaurants. :rolleyes:
I wouldn’t be going with her to a nice restaurant. And when the time came that she asked why, I’d tell her.
Yes, adults food choices are their business..until they impact MY enjoyment of a meal in a nice restaurant. Then they become my business too.

I think that is different than being picky. I loved linguine with clam sauce as a kid. We were Catholics who observed the no meat on Friday’s during lent. It was my favorite Lenten meal and fish and seafood are high on my list of favorite foods. One evening I ate that for dinner and then later that night was afflicted with a stomach virus. It was years before I could stand the smell of linguine with clam sauce and a couple of decades before I could eat it again. Someone once told me that being unable to eat something once you had gotten sick on it was an innate self preservation mechanism that we all have.

Years later I had a similar experience with Jack Daniels but that’s a topic for another day.
I don’t drink gin. ‘Nuff said. 😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!