"Adults" eating as kids

fmimom

Earning My Ears
Hello, I am really sorry if I'm asking a question that has been asked before, but I can't seem to find the answer after searching the boards. We are heading to DW in Nov. and have the DDP. Our family is 2 actual adults, DS12, DS10, & DD3. We have reservations at LeCellier for one evening. I'm wondering if we can choose not to use the DDP for DS10 & DS12 and order meals from the children's menu for them? We are only looking to do this for this meal because we don't see anything on the adult menu that our children will eat. Would that be allowed? Thanks so much for your help!

As far as I know it is no problem to pay out of pocket for part of your party. The credits are yours to use or not use for members of your party on your room reservation.

Be sure to let your server know to split the check.

Most places will allow kids to order from the childrens menu even when they are over age 9. My DD has done this numerous times. When she was 9 we had them change her age to 10 so that she could have the freedom to order whatever she wanted. About 50% of the time she still wanted a kids meal.

So unless you know that you have another way to use those credits don't bother paying OOP for that dinner.

Couple other comments.

If you do use the credits for the kids you MAY be able to get adult size portions of things on the kids menu.

At lunch they have a burger. If you ask they MAY allow you to order that if your kids may like that. It's worth asking anyway.

The other option is to pay OOP for the kids meal and save the credits and use them for a 2 credit dinner or a character breakfast or some other meal.

Thanks so much for your help with this! Since I really think this is the only place that my kids won't like the food, I will just pay OOP for them to eat kids meals. I'm so relieved to hear that they will allow them to eat kids meals even if they are over 10!!! Thanks to this board, I then started thinking that we could pay OOP for one of our adult meals at CRT. That way, we would have enough for 4 adults to eat at another TS restaurant. Plus, at the end of the trip, we are only paying OOP for one adult breakfast as well as the 2 kids' meals (plus one more kids meal for our 3rd child at the extra TS meal). I really think that will be a much better use of our DDP, but I never would have figured it out without your help!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter