Adults ordering know kids entrees at BOG lunch?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Has anyone here, as an adult, ordered a kid’s entree at BOG without problem? I’ve done it many times at CS places, but BOG is more like a TS. But I want a dessert there, and in order to eat it, I’d only have room for a kid-sized entree. And I’all be solo, so no sharing. Any experiences?

My last time at BOG for lunch I did online Order-Ahead: the kids Grilled Cheese with Turkey Noodle Soup and green beans. I also ordered The Master's Cupcake (the grey stuff!) There was no problem, and I'm definitely not a kid anymore.

I've ordered the kids meals at BOG before with no trouble. I don't eat a lot at one sitting and the kids menu appeals more to me at BOG.

Its perfectly acceptable.
BOG is QS for breakfast and lunch.
Even at dinner you could order a kids menu item but you'll be paying the adult price and likely getting an adult portion.

I do this all the time, it's never been a problem. I've also had just soup and a cupcake.

If it helps, you order either at a kiosk or you pre-order and then check out with a cashier. The kiosk/ cashier don't know the ages of anyone in your party or if you've even ordered for your entire party. The CMs who bring your food are just there to drop off your food, and they won't care at all (same as a CM at a traditional CS who just hands you a tray).

How big are their kids’ meals? Also what is a mickey check meal?

Some are larger than others. My 14 yo got the shrimp and chose broccoli as her side, and it was a few small pieces of shrimp and 3 broccoli florets. On the other hand, my 11 yo got the grilled cheese and soup, and it was a full grilled cheese sandwich (the size of 2 slices of Wonder bread, as a reference), a small soup (maybe 1/2 a cup?) and fries (he could have had green beans instead). It was enough for a small lunch for an adult (especially if said adult plans on adding a dessert). I've had the pork and mashed potatoes and it was enough, and also the turkey sandwich. If I get the turkey sandwich, I usually have a soup as well (but we don't bother with dessert at BOG so I don't need to save room for it).

Mickey check meals meet certain nutritional requirements (such as fewer than 600 calories for the full meal, less than 10% of calories from added sugar and so on). https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/restaurants/disney-check/, and the requirements are better explained here
http://cdn.media.thewaltdisneycompa...ratecitizenship/programs/NGexternal121412.pdf

Thanks so much! Now I'll be looking forward to that Lemon Meringue Cupcake after my kids meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter