• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advantage to "Hopper"?

Al D

Earning My Ears
I'll be in WDW starting Thursday. We plan to be at WDW 6 of the 9 days we will be there, and 3 down time days at the hotel. We may do Epcot, but I can't convince the rest of the family to do anything except WDW.

Is there any advantage to doing the "Hopper" passes. If we don't do anything else, it seems a waste of money. Am I missing something?

By the way I am reading your post I am assuming you are saying you will be at Magic Kingdom 6 days and you don't plan to got to Epcot, MGM or Animal Kingdom... (Since you said you would be at WDW for 6 days and might go to Epcot but nothing else).

There are great advantages to the Hopper Passes. Say you go to MK and it closes at 6pm... what are you going to do with the rest of your night? With your Hopper pass you can go from MK to Epcot and watch Illuminations or MGM and watch Fantasmic. Or if you go to a park early in the morning and it is not really busy and yuo get everything done that you want to do faster than you had thought you would, you can hop on over to another park and catch some things there later in the day. Hopper passes are just a great convience so that you have the option to go to more than one park inthe day.

Hopper give you the advantage to move about.

Is there a reason why who ever you are going with does not want to go to the other parks.

There is so much to see at each of the parks.:

:MinnieMo

Well, unless you buy 6 one day park tickets you are probably going to wind up with a park hopper ticket anyway. The ticket will actually be cheaper then 6 one day tickets.

Have the other members of your party even looked at a guidebook? If not, geth them the Birnbaums book ASAP maybe that will help them see there is more then the Magic Kingdom.

Not to be too dense, but I assume that means a regular ticket bought at the gate is for that park only?

Yes, one-day tickets bought at the gate are good only at that park. You can find some excellent ticket descriptions and price comparision right here on the DIS.

On the ad banner above, just click the button marked Tickets , or you enter this http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tickets.htm.

Here is a short recap from that page:
  • One Day / One Park Ticket - This ticket allows you entry only to one park for the day. You may not move from park to park with this ticket.
  • 4 / 5 day Park Hopper Passes - These passes allow you to move from park to park for four or 5 days. Each day you use the ticket, it counts as one day off your pass and you may go to and from as many parks as you like that day. Unused days on this ticket never expire. These passes do not include admission to Pleasure Island or any of the water parks.
  • 5/6/7 day Plus Passes - These passes allow you to move from park to park for the specified number of days on your pass. Each day you use the ticket, it counts as one day off your pass and you may go to and from as many theme parks as you like that day. There are several "plus" admissions with each pass. Plus admissions include your choice of Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Pleasure Island and Disney's Wide World of Sports. With the 5 day pass you receive 2 "plus" admissions, with he 6 day you receive 3 "plus" admissions and you receive 4 "plus" admissions with a 7 day pass.
  • Annual Passport -Entitles guests to unlimited admission* to the Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, the Disney-MGM Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom™ Theme Park, as well as complimentary parking. *Except activities/events separately priced.
Were you planning on visiting WDW again next year? If so, you are very close to the "break even" point that makes getting an Annual Pass economical. Typically entering a WDW park 7 or more days makes an AP a good bargain. Since you are at six days, it is very close. If there is any possibility that you would visit again within 365 days of your first visit, you would not have to buy any tickets the next trip!!!

HTH, Steve :cool:

This is another advantage to getting Park Hoppers that nobody else mentioned. Even though I'm not one to "hop around" from park to park all day everyday like some people, I think of Hopper Passes as being a great insurance policy in case of attraction break downs or bad weather. For example - I know of someone who spent all day at MGM & had done the whole park. Just before Illuminations was about the start, it started to lightning & rain. Of course Illuminations was canceled. Good thing that they had Hoppers. After spending the next day at AK, they hopped over to MGM to see Illuminations. If they didn't have a Hopper, they would have had to a) miss Illuminations, or b) use a whole days pass just to see Illuminations because they had already seen all of MGM & didn't want to spend another whole day there.

also with the hopper and a hand stamp you can redo what ever you really liked from the 4 parks on your last 2 days...I don't know the ages involved but I think maybe they are not getting the whole picture and only thinking Magic Kingdom is WDW and the rest someplace else? take them to the official disney site and show them pictures of the parks and attractions www.disney.com to help them decide.

I just reread my previous post and noticed an error. Instead of Illuminations, I meant to say Fantasmic. Illuminations is at Epcot. Sorry!

You guys are great! Thanks for the info. I bought my park hoppers today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter