Adventure of the Seas

Alexle2007

DIS Veteran
Hi! I am looking at the Adventure of the Seas to do the Southern Caribbean in August. It would be DH, DS9 and me. We have only been on Disney cruises on the Fantasy and DS loves the kids' club plus there is so much else for him to do. Any thoughts on the Adventure and being kid friendly/appealing? For a balcony, it is 1/2 of the cost of a Disney cruise but trying to figure out if it is worth it since we want DS to enjoy the cruise also.

Our DD was 9, possibly 10 on our RCL cruise - she loved the kids clubs. She really liked the structure, organized activities and games they did. The counselors really knew the kids. She puts her experience on the Oasis and her trip on the Fantasy as equal (just for different reasons)

We have Adventure booked in December and I have no qualms about if my son will like it. He has loved Freedom twice and Vision once, and no one is worried if he'll have fun. :)

I believe your family is going to love it. Which ports are you visiting? We have been on both routes and loved them.

We just went on the AotS earlier this month and DD (13) had a great time. Lots of pool time, arcade, we did Johnny Rockets one day, she liked the shows, they have movies by the pool (some during the day) and watched Inside Out while swimming. One night we went to see Star Wars Force Awakens in the theater. The slide is in a separate level from the main pools, it is actually in the toddler area but the slide was good for older kids as well. She did not do the kids club - but they did send us a really nice gift (hat, water bottle with RCI logo, scrapbooking stuff). There were very few kids on our sailing. I only saw a couple of kids DDs age and they spoke little English (they were from the Netherlands), but I did see some younger kids in the kids club. Maybe DD would have enjoyed the club since she would've had the run of the place!

Service was amazing, DD was super spoiled by the dining room staff!

I will be doing a TR for this trip in the next couple of days - we spent a week in PR before the cruise so there are tons of photos from PR and quiet a few from the cruise :)

I believe your family is going to love it. Which ports are you visiting? We have been on both routes and loved them.
I am looking at the Holiday/Christmas Eve cruise that goes to St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Aruba and Curaçao. $2800 seems extremely reasonable! DS9 still has Lego from 2 Christmases ago to put together so I figure we can forego toys and enjoy a holiday trip together. Plus we typically go to my in-laws in AZ and my FIL passed in March so it would be nice to do something fun (and warm!)

We just went on the AotS earlier this month and DD (13) had a great time. Lots of pool time, arcade, we did Johnny Rockets one day, she liked the shows, they have movies by the pool (some during the day) and watched Inside Out while swimming. One night we went to see Star Wars Force Awakens in the theater. The slide is in a separate level from the main pools, it is actually in the toddler area but the slide was good for older kids as well. She did not do the kids club - but they did send us a really nice gift (hat, water bottle with RCI logo, scrapbooking stuff). There were very few kids on our sailing. I only saw a couple of kids DDs age and they spoke little English (they were from the Netherlands), but I did see some younger kids in the kids club. Maybe DD would have enjoyed the club since she would've had the run of the place!

Service was amazing, DD was super spoiled by the dining room staff!

I will be doing a TR for this trip in the next couple of days - we spent a week in PR before the cruise so there are tons of photos from PR and quiet a few from the cruise :)
Thanks! With DS being an only child, he likes to be around another kids. Hopefully there will be more over Christmas.

I am looking at the Holiday/Christmas Eve cruise that goes to St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Aruba and Curaçao. $2800 seems extremely reasonable! DS9 still has Lego from 2 Christmases ago to put together so I figure we can forego toys and enjoy a holiday trip together. Plus we typically go to my in-laws in AZ and my FIL passed in March so it would be nice to do something fun (and warm!)

Wonderful islands! If you want to have some fun while seeing Aruba, I would highly recommend Trikes Aruba. We had a blast! They are not a ship sponsored tour, but you can make reservations directly. Do it early, because they do sell out fast. They do not have enough trikes to be a ship sponsored tour.

http://www.trikes-aruba.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter