Advice for a family of 6 adults, 3 children

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
Planning a trip for next January for our family of 9:
-2 adults in their mid-70's
-4 adults in their mid 40's
3 children ages ranging 4-7

We typically go with my older parents as a family of 6 and we stay in a 2 BR at BLT. This has worked out really well, but next year my brother, his wife, & his young daughter will join. 2 BR will be way too crowded with the additional family. We looked into grand villas, but the price is way too much.

We are considering the following options:
1) BLT: 1 Studio for my parents & 1 two bedroom for my and my brother's family to share
2) GF: 3 Studios(one for each family)
3) Poly: 3 Studios

The 3 studios at GF & Poly ends up to be $200 cheaper than the studio+2 bedroom.
We are a bit intrigued at the Poly, since you can walk to the transportation & ticket center (straight shot to Epcot) & the MK monorail.
My dad is a bit intrigued at the GF.....because its the GF lol ;)
We love the convenience of BLT because we can walk to MK & that its connected to the Contemporary.

Convenience is the most important factor to us. My parents are older and our children are young. My dad is also hoping we will be placed in rooms that are situated very close to each other. I know that is not a guarantee, but wondering if one resort tends to have better odds over another?

Out of the 3 options above, which would you choose and why?

Thanks!

It sounds like you are renting?

I think getting 3 studios at VGF or Poly as a rental is going to be hard, because you either need to make each studio non-contingent on the other two, thereby risking splitting up the group, or you need someone with LOTS OF POINTS. The Poly waitlists via agencies are always a mile long, and a lot of Poly buyers bought enough for a studio for a week. Not 3 studios. Only needing two units at BLT, which is an older resort where people often have bigger contracts, is going to be easier, and also easier to make non-contingent.

BLT is going to the the most compact for where rooms are located, with the greatest potential for separation at Poly.

Do you need a kitchen? Personally, I would go with BLT, 1 studio and 1 2-bedroom, although I might put your brother's family in the studio and keep the parents with you.

It sounds like you are renting?

I think getting 3 studios at VGF or Poly as a rental is going to be hard, because you either need to make each studio non-contingent on the other two, thereby risking splitting up the group, or you need someone with LOTS OF POINTS. The Poly waitlists via agencies are always a mile long, and a lot of Poly buyers bought enough for a studio for a week. Not 3 studios. Only needing two units at BLT, which is an older resort where people often have bigger contracts, is going to be easier, and also easier to make non-contingent.

BLT is going to the the most compact for where rooms are located, with the greatest potential for separation at Poly.

Thank you :) Yes, we are renting. We've gone through Davids the past 3 years (1st year=AKV, past 2 yrs=BLT). I didn't think about the availability, but this makes sense.Sounds like sticking with BLT will make the most sense.

I also 2nd BLT but for the reason that in a 2 bedroom you will have a full kitchen and washer and dryer, plus extra bathroom. Even if you are not planning to do laundry it’s nice to have the W/D. On my last trip something didn’t agree with my son and he got sick in the middle of the night. I was so happy to be able to throw his clothes and the blankets in the wash during the night and not have to leave the room.

I would definitely select a studio and a 2 bedroom villa. In the 2 bedrooom villa you have a place that you can all hang out in while little ones sleep.

BLT works well the way you have it planned. Especially with the extra bathroom off the entrance to the villa. Plus the studio is small, so it works better for just two people.

Make sure you ignore any private messages you get about renting you some points. Report them to the webmaster or the moderators.

BLT works well the way you have it planned. Especially with the extra bathroom off the entrance to the villa. Plus the studio is small, so it works better for just two people.

Make sure you ignore any private messages you get about renting you some points. Report them to the webmaster or the moderators.
Thank you! & Will do :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!