Advice for adult only stay mostly resort stay

Arguetafamily

Mouseketeer
I am bringing my sister and brother in law for their first trip to Disneyworld. My plan was to either stay at Animal Kingdom with a savanna view, one of the Epcot resort hotels, or one of the monorail hotels. Which would be best for a possible resort only stay?

What do you intend to do on your resort only stay? If you are intending to resort hop and try different places, I would scratch AKL of your list. It is away from everything else, so you'll have to bus and transfer to see anything other than it.

From a walking around standpoint Epcot is great, since all the resorts are walkable to each other and you can also take the boats as well. Plus no need to go through security lines, which you will need to do if you're taking the monorail. I prefer the food at the monorail resorts, but admittedly I tend to eat in Epcot so I have tried less food at the resorts. Meanwhile I've left Magic Kingdom to eat at the Poly, Contemporary, and Wilderness Lodge.

I would go for Epcot.... the walkability is great, and you can also jump on the Skyliner in addition to the boats. The boardwalk for the Epcot resorts also has Jellyrolls, which is a dueling piano bar at night, and the Atlantic Dance Hall, which is a club, so definitely some adult centered activities within easy walking distance. You can also see the fireworks from Epcot from the Boardwalk.

I'll add to the chorus and recommend an Epcot resort as well. Love Boardwalk, great dining, awesome rooms, relaxing pools, beautiful grounds, bars and clubs.

But don't forget about Swan/Dolphin, they are really nice places that aren't overwhelmed by the Disney theming. And the pools are actually nice. Easy walking distance to mini golf too.

Put me in for Epcot resort area as well. We are a family (all adults now) and we do several Epcot days (great food choices, adult beverages) and you have the boardwalk area as well!

I am bringing my sister and brother in law for their first trip to Disneyworld. My plan was to either stay at Animal Kingdom with a savanna view, one of the Epcot resort hotels, or one of the monorail hotels. Which would be best for a possible resort only stay?
Definitely the Animal Kingdom Lodge! It's gorgeous, so well-themed, the on-site restaurants are amazing, and there are a ton of resort activities (including a nighttime safari). It's my hands-down favorite resort.

If this is a resort only stay - definitely AKL. That's a vacation itself. Definitely do the savanna view.

I think the Epcot and monorail ones would make you feel like you are also supposed to be going to a park. But if you just want a resort escape - AK.

An interesting question... I would normally recommend the Epcot resort area but that is partly because of the proximity to two parks. For a resort only visit I think it is more of a toss up between the Epcot resorts and the monorail resorts. While the AKL is a beautiful resort it is off by itself. The other two choices offer quite a variety of easy to visit resorts and places to watch fireworks. In spite of my preference for the Boardwalk I think I would chose one of the monorail resorts for a resort only visit.

Though if it is a first visit trip for your relatives I would have a lot of difficulty not visiting a park. We recently hosted my brother and his wife for their first visit to WDW. They only had time to visit one park so of course the Magic Kingdom was the obvious suggestion. For a first visit couple, I would stay at one of the monorail resorts and work the budget to get a ticket to the MK. About as classic Disney as you can get.
Wishing you a pixiedust: visit!

Consider Wilderness Lodge. It's secluded, has an amazing lobby, lots of places to eat, and boat service to the MK or Contemporary for Monorail things, as well as boat access to Fort Wilderness!

How long will you be there? Have you considered doing a split stay? I would suggest 1-3 night at AKL (waking up to a giraffe sounds magical) and then 1-3 nights in EPCOT (Boardwalk, YC, or BC) hotel or POLY :) They’ll even transfer your bags for free!

I’ll throw OKW out there as a non-park adult only option - so relaxing - lovely grounds - large rooms and best screened porches!

Animal Kingdom is one of my favorite resorts and it has plenty of resort activities plus the restaurants are nice as well. The only downside is that Animal Kingdom is far away from the other parks/resorts and Disney Springs. As a DVC member I really prefer staying at one of the resorts on the monorail loop (Bay Lake, Polynesian and Grand Floridian) for the transportation convenience to boats and the monorail. I also like that you can watch the MK fireworks from the resorts. It' a touch decision for sure. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!