Advice for Thanksgiving Week 2020

Derry Wade

Disney dreaming :-)
We've never been to Universal but considering arriving the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving and leaving on Thanksgiving Day. We are mainly interested in HP attractions. Family of 4 but we need 3 sleeping surfaces due to issues with our kids. Would Cabana Bay work for us, or do you think Express Pass will be necessary in a holiday week? I realize that the world changes almost every day right now ... trying to decide and will book something refundable. Thank you!

We've done Sat-Wed Thanksgiving week twice (2017 and 2019) and are scheduled again for 2020. We had EPs both times and would not have wanted to be without them. Both times, there were periods where the EP lines got too long (> 30 minutes) because of the large crowds. But who knows what this year will look like.

The family suite at Cabana Bay would work. It wasn't our favorite resort (PBH is our favorite and we enjoyed RPR).

If you go the Deluxe Hotel route, you can always bring an air mattress or have them put a cot in the room. Keep in mind that RPR has very small rooms (335 sq ft), so it would be tight.

APH rates are out for Thanksgiving week already, so I recommend booking asap. If you are not sure, then you can book two different hotels and cancel one later. See https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-i-plan-a-universal-trip.3794121/.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts