Advice on transportation to shop off site

KandyM

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I need to plan a day with a bit of off site shopping and would love advice on how to get there.

We would like to shop at a couple of outlet stores, the sporty ones like Nike, Converse, UA are priorities however we would browse through a lot of different clothing stores likely. I’m thinking Premium Outlets Vineland is our best bet. We also need a grocery store stop, ideally a place where we can get breakfast type foods, fruit, snacks, and some wine/beer for the room. I understand there is a publix near Vineland so that would probably work.

We are staying at ASM and we are a family of 5, four adults and one teen so we need a larger vehicle. Our shopping needs to be relatively quick since shopping day will end with a 4PM Ohana reservation followed by MKAH.

Is our best bet to rent a car from the CCC for this one day or use Uber? I like the idea of renting since we would have the rental to drop off purchases in between stores but I am worried about the time factor of dropping the rental off, getting back to our hotel and then getting to Ohana by 4. Uber saves time but we are carrying anything we buy including carrying it throughout the grocery stop.

Thoughts? Maybe there is a closer set of stores or a mall that would suit us?

TIA

You wouldn't necessarily need to return to your resort between returning the car and going to dinner. The CCC shuttle can drop you at Poly.

Or you could rent at the Dolphin, drive to dinner, and use the after-hours return.

You could even have the driver drop the rest of you at Poly, then he can return the car and ride the CCC shuttle or Uber to Poly.

Or if you're willing to pay for 1 night parking, just keep the car, and return it the next day before the time you picked it up.

Yes the Vineland Outlets is the closest to Disney and I am pretty sure it has all of the stores on your list.

The Publix is across the street from the Outlets. Google maps has it as a 10 minute walk from Rack Room Shoes which is at the end of the mall closest to the Publix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!