Advice on Where to Stay

keirakaida

Earning My Ears
I have been saving and dreaming about taking my daughters to WDW. I went over 20 times as a child. I cannot believe how expensive it is. My dream is to stay at the cabins in Fort Wilderness, but I think it's over our budget. I just loved it there as a kid. My daughters are 3 and 7. We may have to wait until next summer. I am a teacher and don't have much wiggle room on dates. My question is- where can we stay that is fun for kids these ages, and most importantly, that are located where we will not need a rental car. I am looking forward to any advice to make this trip extra special.

In theory, you won't need a rental car anywhere. In practice, however, a rental car is great to have available. Well worth the extra money, IMHO.

I recommend a Moderate (CBR or POR, in my opinion) and a rental car.

I'm a teacher with two kids too..:laughing: 8 and 3 years old. We have never needed a car at Disney, the transportation system is great. I would try a moderate hotel( the pool slides, and fridges in room are great). Just go slowly and don't try to pack too much in for a first trip. Enjoy your time off from work:thumbsup2

We have stayed at a value an (All Star Sports) and Moderate (port orleans - french quarter). Although the value is fine, loved PO - FQ. Smallest of the Moderates and good food court, although no sit down. Pool was great. I suggest that one. We've also stayed at Old Key West twice and loved it. They run good specials on it all the time, so wait and see what discounts they have available for next summer.

I don't have kids, but I stayed at All Star Music last year and thought it would be a great place for kids! It's a value resort so it's one of the most affordable on-site hotels.

I know at ASMu they had a lot of Kids Activities at the pool. I believe that ASMu is the only value resort that has daily activities. They'd have games and dance parties and stuff for the kids at the pool during the day. Then at night they'd show Disney movies on a big screen by the pool. If you think your kids would be interested in participating in that kind of stuff, then it might be worth looking into!

When we went we didn't rent a car. We loved Disney's free transportation! Disney's Magical Express picked us up from the airport and took us to our hotel. And then there were buses to take us to the parks or Downtown Disney or to the other resorts for dinner.

The free transportation is actually the reason we go to Disney! It's so nice to go on a vacation and not have to worry about parking or getting a cab or renting a car!

I'll throw in my recommendation for Pop Century, my favorite place to stay with my family. I'm in the camp that thinks Pop has some of the best bus transportation because of its central location and (typically) exclusive bus routes -- no sharing with other hotels. Getting to Epcot and HS is super-quick and Magic Kingdom isn't bad either. My son has stayed there at ages 2, 3, and upcoming at 4 and he loves it.

I have stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, Carribean Beach and All Star Sports. I liked all four. Depends on what you like. Pools at the first three are themed. Good playgrounds. POR and CBR are spread out and a lot of walking. This tiem when we are going in July we are staying at French Quarter because it is the smallest of the moderates and we will have a wheelchair. The rooms at the first 3 are slightly larger than the All Star.

Have fun choosing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter