Aer Lingus Hell needed please?

janeyb

Mouseketeer
I am just about to book a flight to Orlando via Aer Lingus for this December. I am travelling alone with my three children (two of which have additional needs). I’ve always flown direct before, but I have been priced out now for this time of year unfortunately, so am looking at booking through AL.
The connection time is 1hr 45 mins on the way out, and 1hr 35 mins on the return. Can anyone confirm that this will be enough time to make our connecting flights please? Having never been to Dublin airport or cleared immigration in Dublin I don’t know if this is enough time. Obviously with the three children, and one who struggles with walking any long distances, it can make a simple walk from A-B challenging at times, especially if their are time constraints involved.
Any help would be very great fully received. Thank you.

Relax

If you are flying all the way with Aer Lingus you will be fine . And if not with A.L. all is not lost

When you check in at your first departure make sure your Luggage is Tagged direct to Orlando

Buggies & Strollers are FREE use one to walk to Departure gate & then they are carried down & placed in hold

( You can Ask for Wheelchair assist { Free } & a person will Push the wheel chair to near Boarding gate )

ARRANGE this for Return Journey as well .

On Arrival in Dublin having asked for Assistance as above you will have about a 15 min walk No Luggage only Carry on bags VIA the

Transfer line ( again passport check ) & security ( ? ) & into Duty Free area & food hall .

Then you proceed Downstairs to Immigration ( Big Sign Immigration to USA )

Here you fill out customs form & wait in line for Immigration Person

When Called you answer the questions & Identify your luggage when displayed on screen

If all is well you & your sons will hear the Stamp going onto your immigration card & you are

waved through .... now on USA land .... & onto Boarding Gate ( Toilets are there )

When you arrive in Orlando you are a Domestic Passenger so NO Immigration

just straight through to Baggage claim

Try and have Passenger assistance waiting for you as you leave the plane .

Hope this helps ..... You will have time

Do The Reverse for Return Journey

Hope this Helps

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and in such detail. I really appreciate it. Yes, we’d be flying all the way with Aer Lingus so it all seems pretty straightforward. Thanks for putting my mind at rest.

I can confirm the above flew to Seattle last year via Dublin very easy even had time to have a chat with the US immigration officer regarding his work and the fact he was from New York and living in Dublin for two years. Booked to go the same way to Orlando with my family in August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter