Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that empty lot behind the good neighbor hotels Disney’s land? I know they own a few patches of empty land in the area

Is that empty lot behind the good neighbor hotels Disney’s land? I know they own a few patches of empty land in the area
Yes it’s their land. It’s where the structure was originally going to go before they got into the fight with the city over the bridge. It’s currently being turned into a flat surface lot for cast members as the current cast member lot attached to the toy story lot is being expanded into only guest parking.

It’s so weird to see Disneyland just plop - right in the middle of a city. But very cool to see SWGE near completion!

We will be in WDW in November and I have no idea if we will be able to get near SWGE... we aren’t the type of people that will wait hours and hours in line. I’m hoping we can still enjoy other things in HS, but we may need to skip that park altogether. But I’m really enjoying the pics of the construction progressing along!

Ugh. A fence all the way around the Falcon????
I don't think they had a choice if they don't want people under it. If it's anything like the other fences at the parks, resorts, etc, it's very tastefully done and well themed and will just blend in with its surroundings.

I don't think they had a choice if they don't want people under it. If it's anything like the other fences at the parks, resorts, etc, it's very tastefully done and well themed and will just blend in with its surroundings.

I think this could be just for the previews and such as well. It doesn’t look like a permanent fence.

When I saw the fence, my first thought was queueing of guests for a meet and greet, perhaps Han Solo? A picture with Han in front of the Falcon, how cool would that be? Being able to control access would be necessary.

I think this could be just for the previews and such as well. It doesn’t look like a permanent fence.

It kind of matches the fence along the ramp on the left. I'm betting it's permanent. It's too perfectly round to me a temporary one.

60ce34c2-8474-47d6-b89b-54fc7ed6e857-jpeg.399434

It kind of matches the fence along the ramp on the left. I'm betting it's permanent. It's too perfectly round to me a temporary one.

60ce34c2-8474-47d6-b89b-54fc7ed6e857-jpeg.399434
No doesn't seem to match what is on the right. Looks like something like this to me (obviously not orange though). Not saying they won't block it off but this land is still not fully finished so they could have it blocked for work being done underneath.

temporary-plastic-fencing-for-dogs-fence-branded-dangerous-still-up-four-months-road-old.jpg

Yeah, i just don't see temporary fencing being that perfectly laid out...and then there's the yellow cones behind it.

Not saying I'm surprised. I kind of expected it, as I'm guessing it'll have steam effects blowing down, sounds from within, and lighting. Just a bit of a let down.

A selfish part of me is glad that it's opening at DL first as I'm hoping it might take some of the crowds away from WDW's opening.

We're in the group of people who booked an early September trip hoping to beat the craziness that will be everything SW:GE and will now be in the thick of it! (But, also a little excited about being in all the excitement too!)

LOL - can you tell I want my cake and to eat it too??? :cake:

I get it!! We booked a trip at the end of September to attend a MNSSHP and maybe F&W and now we're debating whether or not to go to DHS. I am NOT a fan of large crowds but I know it would be amazing to see. Decisions decisions....

Not a huge fan of this website (for many reasons), but this is a good video of some on the ground photos of the land.

Yeah, i just don't see temporary fencing being that perfectly laid out...and then there's the yellow cones behind it.

Not saying I'm surprised. I kind of expected it, as I'm guessing it'll have steam effects blowing down, sounds from within, and lighting. Just a bit of a let down.
I am expecting/hoping the wandering characters and droids might be mostly behind this fence, at least for a while as I expect they will get mobbed in the park. I would hate for them to not be out at all - this is a big area where they could naturally be wandering around.

I am expecting/hoping the wandering characters and droids might be mostly behind this fence, at least for a while as I expect they will get mobbed in the park. I would hate for them to not be out at all - this is a big area where they could naturally be wandering around.
Autonomous Droids will not be a part of the land at opening.

Just FYI, not as good or up to date as the photo aerials we've been getting, but it seems Google has recently updated their satellite photos of Disney World. They appear to still be months old (probably even from the Orange County site?), but at least it doesn't look like 7 Dwarfs Mine Train is still being built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts