Afternoon Tea at Garden View Tea Room - has anyone....

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, they used to serve the tea using Royal Doulton's Old Country Roses china, but I recently read on Tripadvisor of folks being served on stoneware (I saw the pics of it, as well). It is still painted with the Old Country Roses look but clearly with the look of stoneware. It's not nearly as elegant!
....is it like hippiechicken's post [above], because those were the dishes and teapots used when we visited on October 28....

....is it like hippiechicken's post [above], because those were the dishes and teapots used when we visited on October 28....

Yeah, that is the stoneware. All my pics of our teas in the past were on actual china. There was more elegance to it!

Anyone know if they can do gluten free?

I’d love to surprise my SIL but she is gluten free and I certainly don’t want it to be a bad surprise. :sick::eek:

I think this is a great option if you are looking for a reflex afternoon at the GF. The pricing is Disney pricing but that is something we have all come to expect. However, if you have done high tea or afternoon tea in England you will be disappointed. It is very different than those. Having done tea at Fortnum and Mason i am not sure I could ever do anything but a proper English tea now

I think this is a great option if you are looking for a reflex afternoon at the GF. The pricing is Disney pricing but that is something we have all come to expect. However, if you have done high tea or afternoon tea in England you will be disappointed. It is very different than those. Having done tea at Fortnum and Mason i am not sure I could ever do anything but a proper English tea now

We have reservations for the GF tea on our trip in January. Having had tea at the Savoy in London, and having subsequently been staggeringly disappointed by every 'fancy' tea I've had since, I've re-calibrated my expectations downward. (To be fair, while this is 'Disney Pricing', it's still WAAAYYYY cheaper than a top-tier English tea - like 30% as much.)

Will someone please tell me the different sandwiches again? I've checked a few websites and didn't see a breakdown just a "finger sandwiches" description. It's been over 5 years since I've done 'high tea' at Grand Floridian and they used to have a pear and... oh I can't remember but it was AMAZING and always my favorite, chicken curry, cucumber cream cheese, shrimp salad - which I always got substituted for an additional pear sandwich due to allergies, and maybe an egg salad too? Can't remember. Anywho... what do they have now?

Also what kind of cheese is that? The marbley green looking one? Didn't have THAT the last time I went. lol

Will someone please tell me the different sandwiches again? I've checked a few websites and didn't see a breakdown just a "finger sandwiches" description. It's been over 5 years since I've done 'high tea' at Grand Floridian and they used to have a pear and... oh I can't remember but it was AMAZING and always my favorite, chicken curry, cucumber cream cheese, shrimp salad - which I always got substituted for an additional pear sandwich due to allergies, and maybe an egg salad too? Can't remember. Anywho... what do they have now?

Also what kind of cheese is that? The marbley green looking one? Didn't have THAT the last time I went. lol
....hmmmm.....there definitely was NOT a shrimp salad one.....they still have the cucumber sandwich, and the chicken curry one......oh yes, there WAS an egg salad sandwich....I cannot remember the 4th one....:scratchin

I go every trip and I go to WDW at least twice a year. We love it and use it for our lupper (lunch/supper) since it's a ton of food. This is from Sept.
uYGVS8hzU3LpoPczfPagffVfckQYC1ftYCj-LLWYkEjyqLpZKLJS0KlQ3rd-yEkxYShhVW7Kg-AUkisEy6TLm0b3AfZ3rpc3uovnM2E4dPXo5SLIjgeUZDZyp1euNaSnbd3ov7Qonl_GSjpKYEFcXhGMtEPdQ_AAu0D6c4EGvps8r5xubYLec2bQkOFL0bOZlQMR_xNY_SqHikWuqVZsS-VvRvYYbhGRg7CvVB3xgird_uSTFP6cxrtULMgARHVs2pg-c5LQiS6QR32dTNpGV0V21HljrkTPhh3J4ik1VPy02jQQnVyYdzhnIZhMnkVoK0YggNm5Hzcn4kQNyyEYFux67TG1KgfEhukHXxXf3TH3D3A8hv5KibBeit--Z5hpMZcDAWQNduvJcHKUbLo0ZQj5WJstN88MUi82ZhKnIEN3IH1jGkm99HdWlJ70aB2zFZzhOoDfHWKT6li1lwLq833mZQpU-O7ffrJhWnsbHy33nxUp5kh5VrF9XmvgcAn1urcAjJ7Sl7YN3JgRCU6X1rbBGqlXdp1_pGn35IH9t_1JYZUyRLMcmYzQm5nHPf1SiXngQhMPpmjJAhqk0Ni9we_DW5GKuGXbbVYwr5CvxA=w2086-h1564-no

Ik2rQg8f7SxjR-UAHObLCjtDCNPtvBSAIfF8LuCl2jC0BQnRloeYpfsC-5inHBvwsm5WRaB5Dof6Fh0NYZOMt7gSn_JxMSTQDDb59C19J5nDdWj0vUiyAu1dj0TPAfroXKdw63dAMmWqquLrrzlDeBeqNVLTy0p4RSUhrVxknyjlqXbVDPrtNIEzP6ZNPx3pmSvmUDGkJxGmsgHwUVJwSavzeNpuHOvi4bi6M3DNT23G2PDRiCzysNgk_zCfjS0irWsUfEGpaCXrpq5rOpwsavc0ScIJN2UrBNXU2739IHHI0aqvBv8cTX6-10udgvwIi29JJHzWOyMl0G6ZRGYSQOCqytMmlGwmhYp6KTSlums-DdKka_RpCw0MCO1npUb3QJD3LRsyl_ERqYQP0gXhEnvmgxG9JS2vdKjCNYlf2ew-bPi-ep8Kb-NlR81p5WCvgEEjEZLm3_YGzy6GosPqdUj9TeIarcampGccAxK9dm0h_YyjlRnZP15EGpocq2ExXvs9SPVZkCXXfG3MLzpPpcl_EnP-wfvXAiJz9g60w43rBOTPWyrT6BP7y8Ktw2P-tSSSbpv3A2AiiU2XrRHXDEkamtqYF7SUk-FdWbXnxQ=w2086-h1564-no

GHeP2GUTx2pNQ0k1WEM1voY8K98R8agi50yViDW94vl_IMEIiGd83bv2aeE0JPrqAirVBu0WiU0vbMDQRNpmpl7jri2A1u4mbbXBxqrG2ZrEkrrwQ-k6ZfmESh90MY4xq1JydxFGf3HkpvVBRdk7dQvyurELM3ftH7jD1X_gQjK6DAp6_pq6v3OddEJdFPk5eHaIvJrBj88iAJ6gBLZi0CmB51OYiO_I5b34OHrrCkGwtS1HaWb8_h1TtmloUV7XFa2Y8iofQU0osV58_Kc2o-K23gD3cyXQzgANskzAFyu1xNrHx6veb16tvbX_lFOKtF1MdaicMaxHOwyCYmYomCDVdMdyxPHGFHG3lSddkPXJU8o-OYV-iSyeQu6zyM7qj4I4kGE1-gLEoonYYC8fuTWNmrxm6t79ejglLdAenMpybp8pfxYeEOlGp7V-go2dAvpzIk1awS03prxeqlraz7AyvuR5ampdba8GbVeK3z8fC5slIGZ-K8eiDCkSOd67j8nN9XzZvRyDWJJCNP4CD08YLUwgfTtVqrVyuPB-DKIUpXwpneIvgbd1ONJTb8aPJdclv24aOVrF4UGMZoQVC_6quYYEQH7fYU_yDBdlJQ=w2086-h1564-no

I got the more expensive package that includes fruit and cheese and a glass of champagne. I was there solo and it took me about a hour but the service is not always fast there.
....I cannot see any of your pix....:confused3

A couple years ago we had chicken curry, pear, white radish, and egg salad sandwiches. I think the radish one had some kind of soft cheese on it as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!