Afternoon tea at Grand Floridian?

sammysam95

Earning My Ears
I absolutely love doing afternoon tea, so when I saw GF does an afternoon tea I was super excited! It is just my boyfriend and I, so two adults. I’m wondering if this experience is more geared towards kids, or would we enjoy it as well?

Also a review from anyone who has attended would be great!

Thanks!

My dd24 and I have done it about 5 times. We enjoy getting dressed up but you dont have to.

Look at the menu online, it has changed a few times.

Almost all adults. The kid thing is earlier in the day.

It’s a fav of ours. We like the champagne , a pot of tea and more food than we can ever finish.

I did this with my daughter when she was 7 and we really had a fun time. They had kid friendly little “tea” sandwiches for her (PB&J). Anyway, it’s perfectly suited for adults and kids.

Have done it twice with my daughter... she LOVES it. I love it as well, but feel it's overpriced even for Disney standards. Our last time there cost me almost $100 including tip for the 2 of us (I did not get alcohol). Easily the most expensive 'meal' we had on that trip. Our average bill at sit-downs is $60-$80.

Heres a picture from our afternoon tea at the GF in 2016. The desserts, after a serving of cheeses, sandwiches, and scones. Plus, of course, your own pot of tea.

Things may have changed, but at the time you had to order off a set menu. Minimum price was about 40$/per person, and extras that you could add included sparkling wine, pates, I can’t remember what else.

I think it’s a great experience, but also a dangerous one...we’ve stayed at the Grand twice since our quick visit for tea!

Attachments

• F24F1C08-AC91-4D0A-8C2A-2DF9E686DE13.jpeg
    F24F1C08-AC91-4D0A-8C2A-2DF9E686DE13.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 52
We have done this every year since my DD was 7 she is now 21 it is tradition for my Mum my girl and I to go the last few years we do it at the beginning and the end of our trip. Very yummy and we budget about $125 for each ADR. It’s funny we have hade the same CM the last couple of years she was brilliant I hope she’s there on 8/19 too! Check out the menus it really is tasty and if you don’t care one of the sandwich offerings they are more than happy to swap the out. It fills up fast make your ADR as soon as possible if you go!

We are taking a Mother Daughter trip next year and we are thinking of doing this. I have a couple questions. How do people normally dress for it? Do you need to dress up or can you just wear your regular clothes. My other question is that we would be doing it mostly for the experience. I'm really not a tea drinker. Are there any milder teas that would be good for me?

We are taking a Mother Daughter trip next year and we are thinking of doing this. I have a couple questions. How do people normally dress for it? Do you need to dress up or can you just wear your regular clothes. My other question is that we would be doing it mostly for the experience. I'm really not a tea drinker. Are there any milder teas that would be good for me?

I think that you'll love a Mother Daughter GF tea experience! I've been a few times so I am not an expert, but I'm happy to give you my thoughts on it. Attire - all over the place. You'll see fancy, you'll see costumes, you'll see little girls in dress up, you'll see park attire. Last year we wore park attire and then headed to the ladies room to change into our Halloween party costumes. The year before - I believe that I wore a sundress. Nobody will bat an eye at what you're wearing so don't stress about it and definitely make the experience what you want it to be.

Doing it mostly for "the experience" is worth doing - in my opinion. I love tea and I love to eat. lol As for the tea, my daily preference is a dark tea (I'm a tea drinker not a coffee drinker). I would think that a lighter white or floral (think rose) tea would be good for someone who is not a tea drinker. You will have PLENTY of choices and your server will help guide you as well as give you suggestions. I hope that you have a wonderful time and enjoy yourselves as much as I have enjoyed myself in the past! :tinker:

I have taken my girls. We all dressed up to feel very fancy. We had so much fun! We are not tea drinkers, but they have very mild and fruity teas. They also have sugar cubes and cream. I'm hoping to to take my girls and my mom in November.

Just to add... DW’s birthday fell during our 2018 trip and I took her there on the day, as a surprise. We both thought it was very good (and we’re not necessarily easy to please on the matter of cream teas, coming from the UK 😊 ). We hope to go back, if we can contrive a return to Florida... And yes, it’s definitely aimed at adults but there were some youngsters there as well and they seemed to be enjoying the experience (I suspect that might depend on the child).

It's a lot of fun. I've been several times over the years. I believe the quality has gone down in the food as well as the presentation, but if this is your first time, you should still enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter