Ages of your kids for Stroller use?

What Age do people stop taking a stroller for their children?

• Total voters
We brought a doubles stroller until our kids were 6 & 9, a city mini. It was clutch especially because our model could allow the kids to lie flat and nap!

That first trip without a stroller was an experience though, the kids had a hard time walking all day. I did a lot of carrying- I was the one who needed a stroller after that!

Are there even strollers that support kids that big? We rented a city GT double which is a heavy duty double stroller and it is only designed for 50 pound children in each spot. Recommended max height of 48" as well which my 6 year old was already slightly past. We are on the fence of getting a stroller the next time we are planning on attending when the children are 7 and 5 because the 5 year old will be over 50 pounds and the 7 year old will be too tall. We've had them walk all over cedar point so this won't be much different.

Are there even strollers that support kids that big? We rented a city GT double which is a heavy duty double stroller and it is only designed for 50 pound children in each spot. Recommended max height of 48" as well which my 6 year old was already slightly past. We are on the fence of getting a stroller the next time we are planning on attending when the children are 7 and 5 because the 5 year old will be over 50 pounds and the 7 year old will be too tall. We've had them walk all over cedar point so this won't be much different.

There is a huge difference between walking Cedar Point and walking around the whole of Walt Disney World. And I say that as someone who spent many a summer at Cedar Point.

There is a huge difference between walking Cedar Point and walking around the whole of Walt Disney World. And I say that as someone who spent many a summer at Cedar Point.
I mean you can't walk from park to park. Only Animal Kingdom is larger than Cedar Point, Epcot is around the same, and Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom are a good deal smaller. I found less walking being involved at all the Disney parks especially with the transportation provided.

I mean you can't walk from park to park. Only Animal Kingdom is larger than Cedar Point, Epcot is around the same, and Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom are a good deal smaller. I found less walking being involved at all the Disney parks especially with the transportation provided.

The difference being you don't typically go to Cedar Point for more than a day or two. Much easier to walk for 2 days than for the length of a trip to Disney World.

Cedar Point is usually a one day trip, 2 at the most. Walking around Disney parks for 4-5+ days is nothing like being at Cedar Point.

Normally, I would not bring a stroller for DS6 but with diagnosis of influenza B this week and a stomach bug 2 weeks ago I will bring it. He has lost some weight and also has asthma on top of it. No two situations are the same and do what will make your vacation most enjoyable to all involved.

Indeed. WDW requires a ridiculous amount of walking. I would no more judge a 7 or 8 year-old who never normally uses a stroller for riding in one at WDW than I would judge an adult who never normally uses a mobility scooter for using one at WDW.

My niece just turned 6. She ran circles around us. There is no way she would need a stroller at her age. She had no issues and still had energy to spare (no naps, no meltdowns) Grandma was in a scooter, so she'd sit with her sometimes - but that was more because of the "ride" factor.

People, including children who live in cities or in very rural places walk “a Disney Day” every day. Even some suburbanites in walkable areas might walk over 10K steps a day. As a family my kids walked or biked to school every day. We walked to town for dinner, walked to the grocery store (with a wagon for groceries). If walking is part of their everyday lives then Disney is not a big deal when it comes to walking. The added adrenaline from being at Disney makes it even easier.

Now, if your home community is not a walkable place, I could see Disney being a challenge for the whole family. And if you are not used to navigating city crowds with little ones a stroller may be more comfortable for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter