Agrabah Cafe - reviews

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
This buffet restaurant is located in Adventureland and is making a welcome comeback :)
The restaurant is located beside the Arabian Bazaar. You'll believe that you have entered a world full of Eastern promise when you see the rich theming.

Cost 21 Euros; drinks are extra. Restaurant is currently open daily with no restrictions (we heard here earlier that only those on meal vouchers could dine; not the case)

Meal is called an 'Asian style' buffet, but is really more 'near Eastern' with a little 'middle Eastern' thrown in.

Appetizers include carrot salad, green salad, couscous salad (the wonderful one from Auberge de Cendrillion), rice salad, tomato and mozzarella salad, hard boiled eggs, grilled vegetable salad, chilled prawns.

Main courses include vegetarian lasagne, couscous, vegetable medley, sharwma, chicken wings, fish, meat entrees.

Dessert includes crepes with jam or hazelnut spread, chocolate cake, coconut cake, beignets, and a variety of other sweet items.

The restaurant is visually stunning, with incredible artwork and fabric lining the walls and ceiling. The athmosphere is very restful, with pleasant background music. Service was excellent.

I also rate this location highly for vegetarians. I found more than enough food: carrot salad, couscous salad, hard boiled eggs, German rye bread, grilled vegetables, lasagne, couscous, vegetable medley, pita bread, tzatziki, and desserts. I sadly did not have room to try any more items, but will definitely be back! This is an excellent replacement after the changes to Auberge de Cendrillion, and I hope that it continues to operate on a regular basis.

Thank you so much for that review bavaria,

We had a look at the photos of the restaurant on the other thread here, my DD is so excited at the prospect of eating in Agrabah ;) .

Elaine

Elaine, I really hope that you enjoy it. There were very few guests (it was a VERY quiet day in the parks) but a lot of management around, and I did take the time to tell them how much I enjoyed the restaurant, and the quality and variety of food.

In fact, I am planning to go back next week. This has definitely shot to the top of my list of places to dine at DLRP, in terms of value for price paid and variety of items.

We ate here last week and were very happy with the food. Bavaria your review covered everything perfectly!

I'd love to add some pictures from our trip but have no idea how.
However, we absolutely loved the food and will definitely be back.
One day, we booked for 4pm which was the last booking possible so they were clearing things away but they came and asked before doing so which i thought was really nice of them.
We were the only people there at that time.
Our other meal was ay 2.30 and was pretty quiet too.
I think we tried more or less everything on offer and it was all great but some of the salads (the broadbean salad comes to mind) seemed a teeny bit spicy for my (very adventurous) children.
Starters available - couscous, bulgur wheat, carrot salad, broadbean salad, leaf salad and roasted mediterranean vegetables. there were probably more.
Mains - incredibly tender chicken drumsticks, chinese sausages, vegetable tagine, lamb tagine, beef casserole, couscous, potato wedges and there was a plate of marinated sultanas. again, i have probably missed something.
desserts - crepes, yoghurt, honey, many different cakes and pastries including turkish/greek varieties, mandarin oranges, orange segments marinated in cinnamon.
The ambience is lovely and calm and the staff are very nice.
This is incredible value and our children loved the Aladdin themeing and music.

you dont have to have half board vouchers to eat in here then?

No, this restaurant is open to everyone.

I really enjoyed my time at Agrabah Cafe and I am going to eat there again this weekend :woohoo:.
The food was very tasty and came in a large variety. After I read that this place is very good for vegetarians, I worried a bit because a friend of mine is really into meat. But that was no problem at all because there was both a great choice of meat items and vegetarian ones.

Just one warning: There is a red sauce next to the kebab. I was stupid enough to put several spoons of it on my plate. Then I discovered that this sauce was way too hot for me :eek:.
They better should write a sign with a warning next to it, because it looks like tomato sauce and is within the reach of young children!

Apart from this, I recommend Cafe Agrabah to anyone who likes to enjoy great food in a big variety in one of the most beautiful settings in whole DLRP. Oh and try their Moroccan teas :goodvibes.

Wow, this place sounds great, has it always been there? I don't remember hearing about it when we went last June??

ah I see that's why then, that'll be one for us to try next time, especially with the vegetarian variety! Yum!;)

I also rate this location highly for vegetarians. I found more than enough food: carrot salad, couscous salad, hard boiled eggs, German rye bread, grilled vegetables, lasagne, couscous, vegetable medley, pita bread, tzatziki, and desserts. I sadly did not have room to try any more items, but will definitely be back! This is an excellent replacement after the changes to Auberge de Cendrillion, and I hope that it continues to operate on a regular basis.

Sounds great then for my veggie gf :) thanks very much

is this buffet one where you can keep going back for more, or is it one plate only? Not that I'm that greedy, of course :)

I think its one where you can go back as often as you like. Hope so as I want to try lots of different things.

We are intending to eat here when we go in July. Anyone know what type of things they have for children?

Go back as many times as you would like. As to kids food - I don't recall a seperate table, but there is some 'less exotic' items on the buffet. I saw several children each time I was there and none seemed unhappy.

Thanks. Im sure there'll be loads she'll like and can always fill up on puddings if need be

I was wondering the same thing ... does anyone know if you need to prebook here? I would love to try this one for lunch!

I generally book on the day, or just walk in. During absolute peak season however you may wish to book a few days ahead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts