Ahh, memories....

RebeccaB

DIS Veteran
I was browsing through our old pics, and smiling at the sweet little 5yo we brought on our first trip...flash forward to last years trip and she is now "all grown up" at 10, and while it was still a magical and funfilled trip, it's a bit different. Sigh. I love seeing everyone's pictures of their kiddos at Disney. I guess I'm just feeling like I want to stop time...and also be back in my happy place.

I know exactly how you feel! Our DD was 4 on her first trip and everything was so magical for her. Now she is 10 (going on 25!) and although she is still excited for our upcoming trip, she has said things like, "I'm too old for the princesses this year." With which I respond, "I'm not!" :rotfl:

Oh I completely have an anti-princess girl too haha...she's all about the fairies tho. :)

Becky is turning 8 and her first trip was 18 months - just 9 months after bringing her home from China. She loved the characters even then! She was so great - she'd just nap in her stroller and wake up happy - we never had to go back to the room for naps.

I just remember how awesome it was to watch her having fun and just be in disbelief that this was really my daughter!

On our first trip the kids were 8, 10 and 12. Now they're 25, 27 and 29. SIGH.
Time doesn't stop....but neither do our trips to Disney! :thumbsup2

Our first trip with my son was this past December. It will be great to look back at all of the pictures throughtout the years. Here are a couple of them for you.

The Snowman at Downtown Disney
DSC07123.jpg

A fistbump with Tigger.
DSC07180.jpg

His first trip on Disney Transportation.
DSCN0008.jpg

I have one of those picture frames that show a slideshow of photos on my desk at work. I am looking at my now 31 year old son when he was five standing with Winnie the Pooh. Those were the days when the characters would just walk around without handlers and they would play with the kids. I have a shot of my son asking Pinnochio to make his nose grow. I would go back in a heartbeat to experience those days with my baby boy again. He loves Disney as much today as he did when he was 5.

I am with you-first trip was 2 & 4 and pure magic. This year will be 7 & 9-still a great trip but that amazing expression of wonder isn't quite the same as in the early years. How does it go by so fast.

My girls were 4 and 2 when we took them for the first time...now they are 9 and 7 and our trip in May will be their 7th time. I still watch the home video of that first trip and I can't stop the tears. Even though I still have fun with my girls now and are creating new memories with them, nothing beats the very first time they saw Cinderella's Castle and all of their favorite princesses :goodvibes. Lucky for me, both of them are still very much into the whole princess thing and still wants to eat breakfast with them and get pictures with them as well :yay:

I just loaded all of our photos from all of our past trips into my new laptop & I had to create a screensaver to enjoy them all! Our oldest was only 5 & our middle one was not even 1 on our first trip. Now they're almost 18 & 13. (Of course, our youngest wasn't even thought of back then but still gets mad that she's not in the pics!!) I love looking back through our old Disney albums!

Ryansdad, omg he is ridiculously adorable:lovestruc

I'm so glad you guys all understand where I'm comin from.

I know exactly what you mean... this little guy will be 8 during our September visit. (He was 3 during this DLR visit.)
dlr2006.jpg

Martin

Aww.. I'm 20 and have been going with my mom since I was 4.. (returning in May!) I know I'm still just as excited.. I hope she is too :goodvibes While it's obviously different from when I was 4, that doesn't mean we have any less fun.

Remembering great memories! :lovestruc

DS was 3 and DD was 6 months on our first trip. Even though they have grown up and the trips have changed, we continue to enjoy Disney as a family. DS is 18 and DD is 15 and we just went again in January. Fun times!

Our first trip with our DD (then five) was amazing...so much so that we are going again in September (she is now six!).

I will always remember sitting on the curb in front of the Castle, watching Celebrate a Dream Come True...she looked at me and said "I believe in it all Mommy! It is magic!". Sigh...:goodvibes

I too want to stop time and go back to my favorite place on earth!!Our first trip was in 2009 and my son was 7 and this December was our 2nd trip and he was 9....There is nothing like your child's first Disney trip..nothing compares to it!!We are hoping to go back October 2012 and then my little guy will be almost 11 and I am betting that the excitement he had meeting the characters and going on the rides on our past trips won't be quite like when he was younger....

This really isn't a theme parks attractions and strategies discussion, so I've moved this thread to the Theme Parks Community board. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter