AHS: cult

I almost took it that Ivy hated Ally for being against Trump, not so much for the Jill Stein? I can't imagine Ivy would be in the cult if she was an actual Hilary supporter.

In the flashback episode, didn't they show Ivy marking Hilary on the voting ballot? And in one of the first episodes, they showed Winter distraught over Hilary losing. So I feel like their cult is less about Hilary vs Trump and more about supporting Kai as the means to radical change, especially now that Hilary lost. I could be misinterpreting that entirely though because I'm having trouble making some other connections in the show at this point! lol!

In the flashback episode, didn't they show Ivy marking Hilary on the voting ballot? And in one of the first episodes, they showed Winter distraught over Hilary losing. So I feel like their cult is less about Hilary vs Trump and more about supporting Kai as the means to radical change, especially now that Hilary lost. I could be misinterpreting that entirely though because I'm having trouble making some other connections in the show at this point! lol!
I know we saw them in the booth, and I know we saw Ally mark Jill, but I can't remember if we actually saw Ivy marking Hilary or not.
And yes, Winter did say that to someone on the phone, but I thought that might have just been an act.
Ivy ranting about hating what America had become and hating Ally for being part of it, or something like that, made me wonder. Oh, but then again, Ivy met Winter and an anti Trump rally, so nevermind me :-)

I re-watched the episode the other day, and I was particularly curious about the ballot marking.

Ivy voted Hilary.
Ally Voted Jill
Serena (Emma Roberts' character), although declaring she "couldn't wait to vote for HRC", actually voted Trump

I believe Winter voted Hilary
Kai voted Trump
Store manager (Chaz Bono's character) voted Trump (before passing out from loss of blood, presumably).

I find it interesting that, after the encounter at the rally, Ivy and Winter just accept Chaz's character as part of the cult (a couple months later, to be sure). I wonder if we'll see some kind of "sorry we made you cut off your own hand" kind of kiss and make-up session later.

I re-watched the episode the other day, and I was particularly curious about the ballot marking.

Ivy voted Hilary.
Ally Voted Jill
Serena (Emma Roberts' character), although declaring she "couldn't wait to vote for HRC", actually voted Trump

I believe Winter voted Hilary
Kai voted Trump
Store manager (Chaz Bono's character) voted Trump (before passing out from loss of blood, presumably).

I find it interesting that, after the encounter at the rally, Ivy and Winter just accept Chaz's character as part of the cult (a couple months later, to be sure). I wonder if we'll see some kind of "sorry we made you cut off your own hand" kind of kiss and make-up session later.

I found it interesting that he would want to be in a cult with them, after they tied him so he couldn't vote for Trump, then had to cut his hand off to do so.

I have watched every episode of every season. I have hated more episodes than I have liked LOL, yet I still keep watching.

This is me exactly.

are her psychiatrist

He must be a part of it, the k y way to have known the fear of the couple and use it.
But why do anything to them?

Ok, what?? Ivy is all mad at Ally for being crazy, and the stunt that Winter pulled in the bathtub, but Ivy committed a crime with Winter months earlier and then hires her as a nanny with no mention of knowing her???

I know right!

Yikes!

That's pretty much my only comment.

What the heck about the gimp in the attack? Totally didn't get that.

I found it interesting that Kai, Winter, and the doctor are siblings. Didn't see that coming. And I love how Beverly is slowly turning into the power of the cult--Kai thinks it's him, but not for long...

There were a couple of times this week I had to look away. Yikes. Ryan is pushing it a bit with the gore. I thought he was licking blood off his rubber gloves, I don't even want to think if it's something else.
Am I the only one who was shocked when Ivy walked into Kais basement??

Ahhh I have to remember not to get up to date in this thread, we must run 1 week behind here.

While I have not read through this thread, I am happy to find a site to "discuss" this season. I have never missed a season, and thought Roanoke was by far the worst -- too much gore and unnecessary violence and just no story focus.

This season, IMO, so far may have that one beat. It's convoluted, confusing, seems split on many political fronts and I am hoping that it will start coming together. I hate most of the characters and the whining is worse than the violence LOL.

Well at least now we know specifically why they targeted Ally. I can't believe Ivy was ok with them killing one of her employees, just so she could have custody of Oz.

Well at least now we know specifically why they targeted Ally. I can't believe Ivy was ok with them killing one of her employees, just so she could have custody of Oz.

This season is really losing me -- it just seems like every episode is killings and torture with no reasonable storyline (that I can yet see). Yes, they are slowly (too slowly) showing us the stories behind who is involved, but to me it's starting to feel claustrophobic and senseless -- but maybe that's what they were going for :confused3 I did appreciate that they toned down the shooting incident in empathy for the Vegas situation.

This season is really losing me -- it just seems like every episode is killings and torture with no reasonable storyline (that I can yet see). Yes, they are slowly (too slowly) showing us the stories behind who is involved, but to me it's starting to feel claustrophobic and senseless -- but maybe that's what they were going for :confused3 I did appreciate that they toned down the shooting incident in empathy for the Vegas situation.
Did they really tone it down though? At the end they did show her shooting people.
Every season loses me, I should really just stop watching LOL.
I have no idea where they are going with this. All this explicit violence just to get elected to city council? If I had to guess, at some point Ally will get some revenge here. Interesting how Ivy let her go.
I have to think Murphy has lost a lot of people, judging by how few season regulars were in this season. And really, you finally get Mare Winningham in a good role, and she lives for about 6 minutes?? That annoyed me.

Did they really tone it down though? At the end they did show her shooting people.
Every season loses me, I should really just stop watching LOL.
I have no idea where they are going with this. All this explicit violence just to get elected to city council? If I had to guess, at some point Ally will get some revenge here. Interesting how Ivy let her go.
I have to think Murphy has lost a lot of people, judging by how few season regulars were in this season. And really, you finally get Mare Winningham in a good role, and she lives for about 6 minutes?? That annoyed me.

Yes -- a good writer should have been able to keep that character as an antagonist to the main character for at least four shows and really see him sweat! Such a ridiculous waste of time to bring her back -- but then again I thought she was also wasted in the Hotel series.

And now I am assuming that Ally will be blamed for the shootings because the police are in on this? They made it look like Ally was forcing the gun in that girl's mouth, so who knows. It's an annoying season all around for me. They haven't even introduced Angela Bassett or Kathy Bates -- or maybe like you said, they aren't coming back.

Yes -- a good writer should have been able to keep that character as an antagonist to the main character for at least four shows and really see him sweat! Such a ridiculous waste of time to bring her back -- but then again I thought she was also wasted in the Hotel series.

And now I am assuming that Ally will be blamed for the shootings because the police are in on this? They made it look like Ally was forcing the gun in that girl's mouth, so who knows. It's an annoying season all around for me. They haven't even introduced Angela Bassett or Kathy Bates -- or maybe like you said, they aren't coming back.
I just looked and IMDB doesn't list Angela, Kathy, Lily or Denis as being in this season. It does show Frances Conroy as appearing next week though. I'm sure she will be wasted as well. It's possible they aren't being listed until their episode is coming, but I think maybe they moved on.
Mare has been wasted every season, I HATED what they did with her in Coven. She is such a talent, come on, if you are going to cast her let's give her something really good. Of course what he did with Patti LuPone in Coven was just awful too.

I just looked and IMDB doesn't list Angela, Kathy, Lily or Denis as being in this season. It does show Frances Conroy as appearing next week though. I'm sure she will be wasted as well. It's possible they aren't being listed until their episode is coming, but I think maybe they moved on.
Mare has been wasted every season, I HATED what they did with her in Coven. She is such a talent, come on, if you are going to cast her let's give her something really good. Of course what he did with Patti LuPone in Coven was just awful too.

I don't know why she keeps coming back when she is wasting her time and talent!

I really am not into this season at all. I’m watching just for the sake of watching but I’m not engaged at all. Like a pp said, this season is all about blood and gore and violence. I’m ok with it, but this season seems excessive. That nail gun scene had me squirming.

I really am not into this season at all. I’m watching just for the sake of watching but I’m not engaged at all. Like a pp said, this season is all about blood and gore and violence. I’m ok with it, but this season seems excessive. That nail gun scene had me squirming.

And I find it implausible that all of these supposedly intelligent and well off people are falling into this guy's BS and doing what he wants -- including taking someone's life in such random and silly ways. Many of the seasons have had gore and nonsense, but many were following a storyline that, like it or not, went somewhere (Roanoke being the exception). This season seems to be spinning in circles! And hey writers and directors -- wasting our time by going back over scenes and using same or similar scenes (from different viewpoints) is just lazy and for the viewer -- boring! Move on for goodness sake.

Wow, if last nights episode would have been a pilot episode, I would have turned it off for good. Sooooooooooooooooo boring.

Wow, if last nights episode would have been a pilot episode, I would have turned it off for good. Sooooooooooooooooo boring.

Instead of improving with the season, I think this show is getting worse!

Well I was a huge fan of Jessica Lange in this series and still miss her. I have continued watching since her departure, and some seasons have been better than others, and some episodes within a season too. I guess Roanoke was the season that I had to most force myself to keep watching.

I too am having trouble believing this group would bind together, and how easily some of them became killers. Perhaps there will be more background story given that fills in more gaps, but otherwise I guess we are to believe that each had their own "desperate" situation which left them vulnerable to Kai's influence, but some of it strains credibility, to say the least.

There have been some really engaging material for the early seasons of this show (Season 1 was my favourite) and at least 1 season where I thought I'd stop watching entirely.

There are elements of this season which are sort of interesting but ultimately I'm watching because I hope it's going to turn around. I hated this weeks episode. None of the characters on the show are likeable in the least -- they're all differing degrees of annoying or horrible or both. The SCUM thing seemed extremely forced and I hated this episode -- I literally kept checking the time to see when it would end. Killing people so that some smarmy creep can become a city official --- such a pointless premise.

First of all, after finding out that they did know the woman (she was so annoying I forgot her name) did the shootings and then killed herself (I was afraid they would blame Ally), then why in the heck is Ally still in prison!
Secondly, a PP is right -- this week's episode was just too much and made me realize this lousy season may actually top the list as worse than Roanoke. It has the most ridiculous violence and set-ups and scenarios -- and we're to believe that Ivy would saw a man to pieces (or could even do that as a mother) in her own restaurant -- it's insane. And then we had that ridiculous story about who the Zodiac killer actually was, and more killings - oh, and let's include Andy Warhol's shooting! UGH. It was so graphic this week that it became a surreal joke to me.

Why am I still watching -- again, as a PP said, I am hoping beyond hope that they turn this joke of a season around so that at least we can see justice done, but probably not since all they seem interested in doing is shocking us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!