Ainsworth Hot Springs (and surrounding area)-Opinions, Suggestions Please

barkley

DIS Veteran<br><font color=orange>If I ever have a
dh and I have been looking for a new place to vacation near our home. we moved to eastern washington about 10 years ago, and despite being so close to the boarder have never traveled up by car. I found out about ainsworth hot springs and it looks interesting. some of the other offerings of the area appeal to us as well-the cave tours and the zip lines in particular. it seems like a place we could spend a few enjoyable relaxing days.

that said-I've done a little research and b/c of some less than accurate information I've gotten from trip advisor postings in the past i'm not keen to rely entirely on what I read there. can anyone on this board with any knowledge/personal experience with the area provide some opinions, suggestions to me? from what I can tell it seems like there are other small towns nearby-are they better to stay in? is there any lodging you would recommend (or avoid like the plague), any hole in the wall restaurants/diners that make something you crave, fun places to just walk around or is this a touristy place that you just avoid?

thanks for any insight.

Just happened upon your post. We live in the east kootenays but visit the west kootenays as we have family there. Ainsworth Hotsprings - most stay in Nelson (beautiful town. Check out Baker Street for shops and restaurants) and drive up for a soak. There is a motel and an attached hotel to the hot springs. Cody caves are a great experience. You book ahead for that one. Camping at Kokanee Creek provincial campground is fun and you can see the spawning salmon depending on the month. We head to Radium Hot springs more often. It’s in the east. Also near Fairmont hot springs and zip lines and lots of golfing. Panorama nearby too.

We live in BC and did a tour of the Kootnenays years ago...wow, this brings back memories lol We did the Caves and we did Ainsworth hot springs but as far as where to stay, DH and I were on a shoestring budget at the time (pre kids, pre bigger careers, pre money lol) so we camped the entire time. It's a GORGEOUS part of the province, though. We almost moved to Nelson when my hubby was at a crossroads in his career but ultimately we chose to stay in the Lower Mainland (Vancouver).

thank you for the insight. it seems like a stunning place to visit and if we like it we could include it in the handful of not too distant relaxing places we rotate visiting throughout the year (leavenworth being one, kellogg the other).

thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter