Air fare for October' 02 trip

DIZGIRL

Earning My Ears
Has anyone else traveling to Disney from the Midwest, in Oct. booked your flights yet? I'm wondering if I should book now or wait, thinking the rates will go down. I will probably fly out of Chicago, and right now the flight times are limited and the rates seem pretty high. I prefer Spirit or American and right now their rates are higher than any! ATA usually runs some pretty good deals too, so maybe I will wait.

Same thing here. We may end up flying Milwaukee to Orlando with Delta for $260 in October, with a connection in Atlanta. The fares have been high it seems to me the whole year.

We booked for late Oct. about a month or so ago. Air Tran non-stop from Milwaukee for 191. I felt this was pretty good for Milwaukee, especially for a non-stop flight. I haven't checked for a while but I noticed that the same flights had gone way up for our dates within a few days of my booking. My advice is to keep checking and book as soon as you see the fares come down. They can fluctuate so much. Sometimes from day to day. I was also considering Spirit out of Chicago a few months back because at that time they were under 200. The last I looked they were alot higher. Just keep checking all the time. Good luck.

We're flying out of Pittsburgh in Oct. I got a rate of 183.00 rt, which I thought was very cheap. I snagged it about a month ago. We're flying with UsAirways (hopefully) non-stop.

$247 round trip on AA departing 10/15/02 and returning 10/20/02. This is a pretty good price from Cedar Rapids.

We are going to Sanibel Island this October and I saw today (thanks to an email from expedia) that air has dropped by $40.00 per person. This is US Air from PHL. Direct flights were $196.50 yesterday, now they are $156.50. The fares were found on both Expedia and US Air's website. Other cities from PHL were reduced as well.

Being from the midwest, you just have to book those nonn-stop flights anytime they approach $200. Some people think that after July 4, we will see airfare drop. I personally don't think that's necessarily the case, but you never know.

Just book those flights as soon as you see a decent price for your area. Don't go by last year's prices...you need to compare to what it has been the past few months to know what might be possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter