Air traffic control hiring bid

spiders

DIS Veteran
In case anyone is interested or knows someone who would be...next month, 1/24, the FAA will have their (usually once annual) bid for air traffic controllers. The bid will probably only be open for 2-3 days so if you're interested, you should setup a job account at usajobs now so you're ready to submit it. Main thing is you have to be 30 years or younger, you're forced to retire at 56 (So, plenty of time to do other things), and you can initially be sent anywhere.

It's a great gig. I was fortunate enough years ago that someone told me about a bid because they knew I was always into aviation. It definitely got me out of a job I hated. I only wish someone told me sooner.

Is "years ago" that time Reagan fired all the Air Traffic Controllers? :D

My cousin's husband was one of those unfortunate ones that get fired. It was a real damned if you do/damned if you don't situation for him. He could never get another decent job after that.

$25,500 to $31,900 per year for a job that stressful? No, thank you.

The salary listed is your salary while you are at initial qualification training at Oklahoma City. If you pass initial then you go somewhere else to complete your training.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!