Airfare from Pittsburgh, PA

cdisney2002

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disney 4-20-02 - 4-27-02 and this will be our first time flying. 2 adults, 3 children ages 11, 8, and 4. I have been watching fares on Travelocity and Expedia--but I do not know what kind of fares to expect. What is a good rate for this time-frame? When is the best time to book to get a good rate? I would like a direct flight from Pittsburgh, PA. Any information on this would be extremely helpful! Thanks!

I too am from Pittsburgh and i'm going late Nov early December. In the past I have paid as low as 130 for a ticket to Orlando and as high as 190. So I would think anything under 190 is a pretty good price. As for flying nonstop, your pretty much forced to fly UsAir in order to have a nonstop flight, none of the other airlines ever seem to offer one. But if you're flying out of Pittsburgh, most of the flights at the airport are UsAir anyway. I have seen lower flight costs leaving from Cleveland, if your not too far from Cleveland, maybe check those options too. UsAir does offer super low rates occasionally, but they're not offered until the week before the trip and you definitely don't want to risk them not offering one to Orlando and getting stuck paying top rate for your tickets. I have gone in March before, 2 years ago, and at that time I paid 150 a ticket. I wouldn't wait much more than 2 months before you go. Hope this helps a little.:D

I've always found flying from Cleveland to be more expensive. USAir has such a lock on Pittsburgh that it's hard to find good rates; we've been lucky to get $190s. Now, with their deal with United seemingly falling by the wayside, who knows what will happen to USAir?

Our September 2001 tickets from Pittsburgh to Orlando (non-stop) are $196.50, including taxes, etc. I have seen them as low as the 160's though. Air Tran now flies out of Pittsburgh too, but I think they stop in Atlanta.

I am from Pgh also ....in Jan purchased airfare for four adults for 164.00 total each on US AIR> .... I play around on computer watching airfare three or four times a day seem to have better luck on Thursday am then any other time of the week. Don't know why but usually by thursday late evening or fri am..rates are back up again...

Hey Mousefan, what sites are you using to check the fares? UsAir's directly? Please let me know as I will start monitoring the prices on Thursday AM as well. Are the prices lower regardless of your travel dates or more so for certain days of the week? Thanks!

I just received an update from travelocity.com, that United is offering PIT to Orlando for $136. Rates are valid from July until Nov 15th. It doesn't usually get much lower than that.

ok as an airline employee here in pitsburgh I can tell you that yes Usair is the only one with non stop fights from pit and I myself have purchased fares on the internet from 98 - 129-136- 151-168 round trip. in fact they just had a special thaT WAS 136 ROUND TRIP WHICH i PURCHASED FOR MYSELF AND dD FOR SEP. for this august I paid 168 per person and last feb I had the 129 price. and last dec I got the 151 price. keep an eye out for the next few days for a special to come out. historically something always has come out right after the 4th of july. you have to keep a watch on air. usairs websight has the low fares and expedia also has a contract with usair and sometimes offers lower fares than usair does. you must check this daily. sometimes a few times during the day. you can get flights cheaper out of cleveland on continental but then you must add the cost of driving to cle to figure out if its worth that little bit of savings and then the extra 2 hrs to drive it as well. sign up for usair promo's that will email you when the sale starts. (I'm not talking about e-savers either) and when they do load them into the computer I can also tell you they go fast. tues/wed seems to be the best times for the lower fares. they usually go back up on a friday. start checking on the transportation board as well for notices of air sales. they are always posted on there. and its not always a week before the travel dates that they come out either. the bring a lot out the same time every year and then other times they just spring them upon the public depending on how bookings are. its that inventory game......

by the way the fares I mentioned above were for travel on any day of the week. it just depends on that word...inventory.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter