Airfares over Christmas ? When do you book?

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
Looking ahead to 2020 Christmas .. when do people start booking or start looking ? Do you have a price point in mind whenever you start ?
I’m going to start watching for this year and see where they go ?
Just wondering what everyone does as we’ve never been away at Christmas

Last edited:
We always book as early as possible, so essentially once your plans are firm, or once the flights open up, whichever comes first. In my experience, the price usually goes up as it gets closer to Christmas.

Ty to book as soon as possible, also a heads about rental cars as the price can be very high if you wait too long. Love going at Christmas but sometimes we wait until Dec 27 to go which sometimes have a cheaper flight. Good luck!

Since we will be staying on our first dvc trip we will magic express it :)
Looking at 2020 so I have lots of time :)
I can’t go after Christmas as my settlement has me having the little boys first week of Christmas holidays every year :) so I have them every Christmas but will prob have to be back dec 27 or so every year.. :)

QUOTE="grantclaire, post: 60634331, member: 163261"]Ty to book as soon as possible, also a heads about rental cars as the price can be very high if you wait too long. Love going at Christmas but sometimes we wait until Dec 27 to go which sometimes have a cheaper flight. Good luck![/QUOTE]

If you are leaving the week leading up to Christmas I am sure you will get a decent price! Air Canada will release flights first, about a year out and then WestJet about 10 months out. US airlines out of US cities can be along the 6 month date. Good luck and have fun planning!

Boxing Day flights coming home look crazy

QUOTE="grantclaire, post: 60638762, member: 163261"]If you are leaving the week leading up to Christmas I am sure you will get a decent price! Air Canada will release flights first, about a year out and then WestJet about 10 months out. US airlines out of US cities can be along the 6 month date. Good luck and have fun planning![/QUOTE]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!