Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Well all is not lost..................
I was reminded about my niece and granddaughters birthdays coming up very soon,,,,Hello Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic gift cards.
View attachment 427828
$200.00=280 airmiles
Hugs
Mel

I’m so happy to see this gift card offer, I’m definitely picking up some for back to school shopping, mainly for my youngest who can no longer fit into any of his jeans/pants that he was wearing in June!

@dancin Disney style , I'm not 100% sure of your dates (looks like this coming weekend?) but i just wanted to remind you of a few booking options that can earn you AM! You can try any of the hotel chains listed on airmilesshop website OR hotel .com OR try the Airmiles travel hub website thru AM proper. The last 2 even have the Disney hotels on their sites, just gotta know what search phrase to use!

Daughter has an Airmilesshops "we miss you email" 50 airmiles when you spend $20. My understanding is she has shopped a couple of times this year but nothing posted correctly in the last 10 months.

I received a BMO email 75 airmiles if I spend $360 on credit card by Saturday. So far I'm at $85 but I might make it.
I got that email on my secondary account early in the summer -- i tried, really tried but just couldn't make myself order something for only 50 AM, didn't think it was worth the hassle i seem to have with online transactions posting properly :rolleyes1

Off topic but I thought I'd share this here. My daughter has been working on this pixel quilt for a few months and is almost finished the front. She needs to put a border around it and work on the back. If she can find something black and sparkly maybe? The mickey head has silver stars in it. The background behind the castle represents a sunset and is more orangy/pink/yellow shades in person. Hmm.. I wonder if the bottom 2-4 rows should have been green for grass instead of sunset? These are all 1" finished squares.
OH MY DOG!!!! That is amazingly beautiful. As a quilter... I know how tedious those 1" squares are. The is just stunning. How much sewing, pressing, more sewing, more pressing etc etc etc etc. But that end result!!!!! Kudos to her for finishing with all those little squares. I have not done one with so many little squares...yet. I'm sure I'll try to tackle one of those one day.

@dancin Disney style , I'm not 100% sure of your dates (looks like this coming weekend?) but i just wanted to remind you of a few booking options that can earn you AM! You can try any of the hotel chains listed on airmilesshop website OR hotel .com OR try the Airmiles travel hub website thru AM proper. The last 2 even have the Disney hotels on their sites, just gotta know what search phrase to use!
Wait, the airmiles travel hub lists Disney hotels? What's the magic trick?

Wait, the airmiles travel hub lists Disney hotels? What's the magic trick?
OK, just so we're clear here I'm talking about the part of the website where you're paying CASH for the hotel and NOT redeeming your airmiles to book the hotel.

Go to this website HERE
Use Bay Lake as the location and all of the Disney hotels will pop up.

I went to Staples today to take advantage of a BMO offer of Spend $50 get 50 AM. DH had purchased Norton utilities the other week and it went on sale further. I had him return it yesterday and I was going to go in today and pick it up and a few other things to do the $50 spend. It's not on sale until tomorrow. Came home, told DH. he was shocked. Staples is always Wed-Tue. Looked at the online flyer, sure enough sale starts today. Called the store to ask what's up. No the sale in the store doesn't start until tomorrow.

Has anyone else had this experience at staples? Unfortunately I need to make the purchase in-store or I would just order it online. The person I was speaking with agreed to put a copy aside for me for tomorrow (don't want them to run out before I get there). What a pain.

I went to Staples today to take advantage of a BMO offer of Spend $50 get 50 AM. DH had purchased Norton utilities the other week and it went on sale further. I had him return it yesterday and I was going to go in today and pick it up and a few other things to do the $50 spend. It's not on sale until tomorrow. Came home, told DH. he was shocked. Staples is always Wed-Tue. Looked at the online flyer, sure enough sale starts today. Called the store to ask what's up. No the sale in the store doesn't start until tomorrow.

Has anyone else had this experience at staples? Unfortunately I need to make the purchase in-store or I would just order it online. The person I was speaking with agreed to put a copy aside for me for tomorrow (don't want them to run out before I get there). What a pain.

Sorry this is happening...frustration plus.
I got attitude from Rexall this morning because I wanted to keep my printed coupon,,,NOPE she needs to keep it,,,I explained it's on the mobile app but NOPE...ok I'll just be flexible and go along get along.
Hugs to you
Mel

A couple of items, unrelated except by AM.

The first pertains to the Sobeys "My Offers" (this is what they're called in NS) where you load offers using the website or the app and then they are connected to your card, and are redeemed once that specific AM card is used during purchase of that specific product.
So I saw my new offers in my app, then they did not appear on my receipt (met conditions for 2 offers). So... I opened the app again and... this time when I looked at my loaded offers, suddenly the message popped up saying "these are now loaded" or whatever it says. I realized it had not popped up before I bought the items. Thankfully, a very short phone call to the MyOffers help line resulted in the person adding them manually and I should see them soon. However... they also said, that the most reliable way to load your offers is the website. I thanked them for the advice, but mentioned I used the app as I was already out and about. So... do with that what you will. If given the chance to use the website, perhaps fewer issues may result. Perhaps! I will try and do that too, but what's the point of a phone app if it's better to do it on a computer?! Ha ha

Okay, number 2 is this offer I just got in my email:Lumino.JPG
When you visit the website https://luminohealth.sunlife.ca/s/air-miles-reward-miles?language=en_US
it gives more details. But it seems like you use this site to request/book appointments between Aug 17 and Oct 17, then attend said appointments by Nov 30... and get 100 AM per appt, up to 3 times!

Never used the site before, don't know if they have any providers I want to try, but I'm about to go take a good look and thought you all might want to too!

ETA: Oh man! My physiotherapist is on there! I see her regularly for maintenance as I'm a runner and I planned to go once a month for Sept, Oct and Nov! I hope this pans out!

plus these rather expensive but adorable water bottles at Longos
20190821_150820.jpg
I hope you bought one of the expensive water bottles. Goofy's almost looks like he has Christmas lights on him.

I hope you bought one of the expensive water bottles. Goofy's almost looks like he has Christmas lights on him.
I did NOT buy the water ... i did think about it I mean come on, Donald products where he's happy are hard to find BUT i didn't want to cart around anything extra. If i find it in a store closer to home I might be tempted

Ok, i did warn you that it's a TERRIBLE picture (side note i did learn today that i can use my palm as a shutter "button" who knew!)
View attachment 427896
I also saw some Mickey tiesView attachment 427900
and cute head bands at Miniso
View attachment 427901
plus these rather expensive but adorable water bottles at Longos
View attachment 427903

Nice shirt!!! Love the ties. MUST have the Mickie ears!!!!! Omg, I had never even heard of that store, and it looks like we have a couple in Edmonton - looks like a trip into the big city! I have a conference in Orlando in Sept, and while most of the attendees are US based, there will be a few Canadians - those ears will be perfect!!! Sqweee!

Have you seen the special at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace? I have not stayed there myself but I like the idea of the lazy river and the location to DS is great

https://www.wdwinfo.com/orlando-hotels-near-disney-world/hilton-buena-vista-palace/
Pretty sure they have a resort fee though

...or, what about last minute DVC rentals? Davids DVC has Copper Creek for 1 night at $272 and maybe you can see if they have another night for rent from someone else?
Davids is amazing, they are very easy to deal with

I have never used DVC rental store but I have seen posts on these boards from people who have
They are showing one night on their last minute specials at the Beach Club in a studio for $272 on August 27th (I think that is when you said you are going) so maybe you can build on that
https://**************.com/discounted-points-confirmed-reservations/
Just a thought
The Buena Vista Palace is a really nice hotel. I've been to conventions there and have been in the rooms but never stayed there. I think between the resort fee and the parking fee it adds about $60/night. I do prefer the resort style in general so it would be really nice to stay there.

Haven't ever considered using David's but I am familiar with them. Right now I have a lower priced quote for both WL and AKL from the agent I know....she's able to piggyback me onto group bookings. The Beach Club though is my dream resort, I might investigate that.

Our dollar store here has them dollar tree I think .. look there

QUOTE="Donald - my hero, post: 60985096, member: 117792"]
I did NOT buy the water ... i did think about it I mean come on, Donald products where he's happy are hard to find BUT i didn't want to cart around anything extra. If i find it in a store closer to home I might be tempted
[/QUOTE]
O

I didn't know that WDW hotels were on the AM Hub. I looked it up and if I'm willing to spend $930/night at the GF I can earn a hopping 2800 miles :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

What I really need is a full day at home to sit on the computer and go through all my usual places to find hotels and car rental. At least tomorrow I can be home by 4pm so I'll get a couple of hours to hunt. I really want a Disney resort but if I can't find one at the price I want I'll book the B Resort because it's the cheapest so far and DD wants to go there. Right now I'm off to stalk Hotwire and Priceline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter