Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Ok where are my airmiles math geniuses ?
I got a quote for 1 adult 1 child MVMCP dec 3 for 3200 miles .. it seems a lot higher than the Halloween party ?

So dvc prices are $104 adult $99 child so $203
Good deal or no ?
Lately I’ve been using airmiles for rental cars and airport hotels as I feel like 1200 for a night seems decent
Thoughts
Thanks
That said this trip may be in jeopardy anyways .. not having a good time right now.. that said makes me want to go even more . Disney magic can only help

Ok where are my airmiles math geniuses ?
I got a quote for 1 adult 1 child MVMCP dec 3 for 3200 miles .. it seems a lot higher than the Halloween party ?

So dvc prices are $104 adult $99 child so $203
Good deal or no ?
Lately I’ve been using airmiles for rental cars and airport hotels as I feel like 1200 for a night seems decent
Thoughts
Thanks
That said this trip may be in jeopardy anyways .. not having a good time right now.. that said makes me want to go even more . Disney magic can only help
The math that we've figured out for personal shopper items is around 14.2 AM per $1 USD . They wouldn't be able to get the DVC prices though and the price for those tickets online is coming in at $226.85, using the math that would be around 3207 AM Looks to me like the quote you got fits this equation.

Is it a good deal? If you collect miles the same way we do, then YES, those tickets are free. If this means you can do the trip you want then my opinion would be,go for it! I'm sorry you're having a rough go right now and hope things get brighter soon.

**Side note -- the Halloween party looks like it's about $20 cheaper than the Christmas one BTW

Off topic but need to vent Thanks .. not a financial issue .. had a hard time getting the little boys back from the USA over weekend . It was their first visit to their dads since we separated and surprise even having sole custody he wouldn’t return then when the court order stated. Taking them across is scary right now .. I thought my court order meant something

The math that we've figured out for personal shopper items is around 14.2 AM per $1 USD . They wouldn't be able to get the DVC prices though and the price for those tickets online is coming in at $226.85, using the math that would be around 3207 AM Looks to me like the quote you got fits this equation.

Is it a good deal? If you collect miles the same way we do, then YES, those tickets are free. If this means you can do the trip you want then my opinion would be,go for it! I'm sorry you're having a rough go right now and hope things get brighter soon.

**Side note -- the Halloween party looks like it's about $20 cheaper than the Christmas one BTW

Off topic but need to vent Thanks .. not a financial issue .. had a hard time getting the little boys back from the USA over weekend . It was their first visit to their dads since we separated and surprise even having sole custody he wouldn’t return then when the court order stated. Taking them across is scary right now .. I thought my court order meant something
Well holy crap batman that SUCKS! I can only imagine how you must be feeling right now, ours babes are like an extension of us and to be separated from them physically hurts at times but to add the stress of dealing with an immature adult, choosing to flex his muscles by using your children as pawns is ... well, I think i might get a few points against my screename if i actually said what I think!
🤬🤬🤬💩

Thinking about you and sending hugs, TammyLynn

Air Miles related question : Are Air Miles attraction tickets transferable? I.e. can you buy Disney World or Universal Orlando ticket through Air Miles Rewards and then pass them to someone else? (I've never bought Air Miles attraction tickets)

I don't have enough Air Miles to buy tickets for my whole family so I was wondering if it's possible to find someone that has Air Miles and no intention of spending them, have them buy tickets with their Air Miles and then give them cash (discounted rate from face value of the tickets) for the tickets.

Let us know if this would work. Thanks,
Mike

Air Miles related question : Are Air Miles attraction tickets transferable? I.e. can you buy Disney World or Universal Orlando ticket through Air Miles Rewards and then pass them to someone else? (I've never bought Air Miles attraction tickets)

I don't have enough Air Miles to buy tickets for my whole family so I was wondering if it's possible to find someone that has Air Miles and no intention of spending them, have them buy tickets with their Air Miles and then give them cash (discounted rate from face value of the tickets) for the tickets.

Let us know if this would work. Thanks,
Mike
100% possible! Unless you're contacting the personal shopper to get tickets that aren't on the website, you'll be getting tickets that can be added to any account and assigned to any person. Even if they end up having the Canadian discounted tickets you'd be able to do that.

What you decide to give the other person shouldn't be based on what the tickets cost though, but rather the cost of those miles, current value is 95 miles = $10, but that's only my opinion. Good luck finding some help, it's a great idea.

100% possible! Unless you're contacting the personal shopper to get tickets that aren't on the website, you'll be getting tickets that can be added to any account and assigned to any person. Even if they end up having the Canadian discounted tickets you'd be able to do that.

What you decide to give the other person shouldn't be based on what the tickets cost though, but rather the cost of those miles, current value is 95 miles = $10, but that's only my opinion. Good luck finding some help, it's a great idea.

Thanks for the information. That's perfect.

just found a chance for some double, and possibly triple dipping at Rexall next week. One of the stores in my city is having their grand reopening sale next week and I snagged the coupon in that flyer for bonus miles! I know it worked with the last one I stumbled on so I'm sure it will work again. If there's a Monday email coupon and you have a loaded threshold spend it will work as well. Now, if it ends up being the big coupon next Wednesday (not really time yet BTW) cha-ching!!! I'll repost it on Monday

Screenshot_20190822-113955_Chrome.jpg

Love that Rexall coupon J!

So I went to Sobeys this morning...who cuts their staff to two cashiers,,both on express???
My apologies for holding people up in the line but I do not make staffing rules.
Cashier rang all 4 Gift cards in together and then had to delete the transaction,,which she wasn't sure how to do... I apologised but I am not waiting 120 days to file for the points.
So she rang them in separately and I got 70 bonus airmiles for each card.
38 shop bonus miles + 280= 318 airmiles.
Once these post next week I am switching over to cash airmiles,,(that is if I don't spend any of my dream airmiles and save them for a new computer when this one decides to die).Must have self control.lol.
Christmas shopping is all done for 90% of the family,,just my granddaughter left and I figure between now and Christmas I'll see lots that I can get her.(Being the only grandchild has its advantages).:cutie:
Can you tell I hate shopping in the winter time.lol

Hugs
Mel

Uggh went to my foodland and zero oldnavy gift cards. Said they never had any.. but she’s putting a note for someone somewhere ..easily could have used $100 in gift cards there for back to school

I got another email today from the personal shopper saying that they were all set to make my ticket purchase they just needed the name of the person that would be picking up the tickets. Um what? If I get will call tickets I'll be disappointed of not having that extra couple of days to try and get some FP but it is what it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter