Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Daughter has an Airmilesshops "we miss you email" 50 airmiles when you spend $20. My understanding is she has shopped a couple of times this year but nothing posted correctly in the last 10 months.

I received a BMO email 75 airmiles if I spend $360 on credit card by Saturday. So far I'm at $85 but I might make it.

So I just gave the go ahead to the personal shopper to get me 3 MNSSHP tickets. 3825 for 3 adult tickets and they have assured me that the tickets will be in my hands in time....or rather the email confirmation. Holy Canary.....we leave next Thursday and all that I've got arranged is a flight

You are a Disney Planning Pro,,,hey all you need now is a place to rest,,and a VISA.
So wish I was going ,,,MNSSHP is so much fun!
Have a blast!!
Hugs
Mel

Sobeys Ont
spend 100.00 get 100 airmiles
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10012/1326698?page=15Gap Old Navy Gift cards spend 50.00 get 70 bonus airmiles

Foodland Ont
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10016/1326703Fri to Sun
spend $75.00 get 50 bonus airmiles (coupon required)
Gap Old Navy Gift cards spend 50.00 get 70 bonus airmiles

Sobeys Urban Fresh Ont
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10092/1326705Gap Old Navy Gift cards spend 50.00 get 70 bonus airmiles

Metro Ont
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10017/1327333
Quick view and not much for me,,,sad.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

I might participate in the next Blue Friday if they have anything good. The bacon deals are usually good :) I have noticed there are a lot of spend $100 get 100AM weekends again lately. I switched over to AM cash so 100AM is only $10 in my mind. Not the greatest deal but I'll take it!

I've been on the dark side for a few months now doing Walmart Grocery Pickup and loving it until last week. First they cancelled my Friday pickup order (placed on Wednesday) at 2:30am without any reason. I placed a replacement order for the same Friday pickup time, we showed up, and were told there was no order in their system for us. For the inconvenience they gave me a credit of $10. That's it. So annoyed with them right now but their prices are so low I hate grocery shopping anywhere else now! :sad1: Will use the credit and give them another chance...

We leave Saturday and I can't wait!! I am so tired of cooking meals... being home in the summer means kiddo wants "real meals" for every meal, lunch is the worst! Can't wait to be at Disney and he can have whatever he wants.

I was worried that we would have a hard time meal wise for our daughter, who just had the second part (metal brackets around the molars, wire, elastics) put on her upper jaw yesterday. But surprisingly, she didn't complain once yesterday about her jaw. Last week the dentist had put elastics around her molars, as well as the braces on each tooth, and I never heard the end of it. All week she needed soft foods and said she couldn't chew. I found out yesterday though that the elastics are thicker than the metal brackets and were there with purpose of making the molars move. I hope she wakes up feeling good this morning!

Sobeys Ont
spend 100.00 get 100 airmiles

Foodland Ont
Fri to Sun
spend $75.00 get 50 bonus airmiles (coupon required)

Since Sobey's and Foodland are owed by the same company it makes me wonder why they have lowered Foodland's Air Mile spend lately. It makes no sense for me to spend $75 at Foodland and only receive 50 bonus miles compared to Sobey's.

If it was a Blue Friday I would have made mostly freezer, boxed & canned purchases but I'm not going to bother with Spend $100 get 100. I'm trying to clean out the fridge before we go.

Last edited:
Off topic but I thought I'd share this here. My daughter has been working on this pixel quilt for a few months and is almost finished the front. She needs to put a border around it and work on the back. If she can find something black and sparkly maybe? The mickey head has silver stars in it. The background behind the castle represents a sunset and is more orangy/pink/yellow shades in person. Hmm.. I wonder if the bottom 2-4 rows should have been green for grass instead of sunset? These are all 1" finished squares.

IMG_5751.jpg

@Disney Addicted , Is it the same daughter with the braces that is making the quilt?

1. My heart goes out to her and her teeth woes. I had braces twice in my lifetime. I can still feel the pain (mentally not physically). I used to rush home from my ortho appointments and stuff my face (when I was a teenager) because I knew eating would be difficult for the next few days.

It's all worth it in the end. Remind her when she is done to never give up wearing her retainer at night or she'll be in for a second round. I now have metal wires behind my front teeth (permanent retainer) plus I wear another one at night but on the plus side nothing has moved from its proper position.

2. That quilt is beautiful and she has done an amazing job so far. Her precision sewing is to be admired. Does she do it on a machine or by hand? Please post another picture when she finishes the quilt top.

Back to Airmiles: The drought continues :( . I guess we'll be eating our way through the freezer this week in anticipation of a Blue Friday in the next week or two. I'll see if I can get any info out of the staff at my local Sobeys. They often know when they have been told to order more for the promotion.

Off topic but I thought I'd share this here. My daughter has been working on this pixel quilt for a few months and is almost finished the front. She needs to put a border around it and work on the back. If she can find something black and sparkly maybe? The mickey head has silver stars in it. The background behind the castle represents a sunset and is more orangy/pink/yellow shades in person. Hmm.. I wonder if the bottom 2-4 rows should have been green for grass instead of sunset? These are all 1" finished squares.

Oh my goodness, that is a lot of work if they are 1" squares-how cool! Good for her.

You are a Disney Planning Pro,,,hey all you need now is a place to rest,,and a VISA.
So wish I was going ,,,MNSSHP is so much fun!
Have a blast!!
Hugs
Mel
Thanks.....there really isn't that much to deal with....I've already talked with DD and made it clear this is basically a weekend getaway and it will be a whole lot of lounging at the pool and nice dinners. I still have not booked a hotel....I'm looking at the B Resort but I've also got a quote for some WDW resorts. The B I can get for only $555 incl the resort fee or we can get CSR for $960 or AKL or WL for $1310. That's a big money difference but the thought of the splurge on a deluxe (which we've never done) is actually keeping me awake at night....and that is how this all started :faint:

When do you stop feeling bad that you 29yo child can't travel with you? Our oldest once again can't make it due to work. I guess if she moved out of our house I wouldn't feel like we were leaving her out or favouring her sister.

Thanks.....there really isn't that much to deal with....I've already talked with DD and made it clear this is basically a weekend getaway and it will be a whole lot of lounging at the pool and nice dinners. I still have not booked a hotel....I'm looking at the B Resort but I've also got a quote for some WDW resorts. The B I can get for only $555 incl the resort fee or we can get CSR for $960 or AKL or WL for $1310. That's a big money difference but the thought of the splurge on a deluxe (which we've never done) is actually keeping me awake at night....and that is how this all started :faint:

When do you stop feeling bad that you 29yo child can't travel with you? Our oldest once again can't make it due to work. I guess if she moved out of our house I wouldn't feel like we were leaving her out or favouring her sister.

Have you seen the special at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace? I have not stayed there myself but I like the idea of the lazy river and the location to DS is great

https://www.wdwinfo.com/orlando-hotels-near-disney-world/hilton-buena-vista-palace/
Pretty sure they have a resort fee though

...or, what about last minute DVC rentals? Davids DVC has Copper Creek for 1 night at $272 and maybe you can see if they have another night for rent from someone else?
Davids is amazing, they are very easy to deal with

I have never used DVC rental store but I have seen posts on these boards from people who have
They are showing one night on their last minute specials at the Beach Club in a studio for $272 on August 27th (I think that is when you said you are going) so maybe you can build on that
https://dvcrentalstore.com/discounted-points-confirmed-reservations/
Just a thought

Last edited:
I went back through the Sobeys flyers on Smartcanucks yesterday. The first Blue Friday in Ontario was September 7 last year. For that reason and the fact that Metro is doing a roundup promo August 29 for four days, I am guessing that Blue Friday will be September 5. It's just a guess.

Tomorrow I'm going to boop into Rexall for their Beauty Thursday promo (spend $50 on beauty stuff, get 100AMs) but I am wondering if there is a supplementary printable threshold coupon I'm not seeing. I do have a buy $60, get 60AMs offer in my app which I've activated (not great but better than nothing) but there is usually a printable offer as well so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing it.

I may pop into Sobeys for the buy $100, get 100AMs but I'm not sure. I could get some essentials but I do wonder if it would be better for me just to save the money and use it for the (hopeful) Blue Friday next week. I could just go to Freshco and save probably 30-40% on the same items lol

Tomorrow I'm going to boop into Rexall for their Beauty Thursday promo (spend $50 on beauty stuff, get 100AMs) but I am wondering if there is a supplementary printable threshold coupon I'm not seeing. I do have a buy $60, get 60AMs offer in my app which I've activated (not great but better than nothing) but there is usually a printable offer as well so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing it.

I may pop into Sobeys for the buy $100, get 100AMs but I'm not sure. I could get some essentials but I do wonder if it would be better for me just to save the money and use it for the (hopeful) Blue Friday next week. I could just go to Freshco and save probably 30-40% on the same items lol

Hi there is a spend 40.00 get 60 airmiles BUT it is only good until today.
Wednesday Aug 21st

look here
http://view.e.rexall.ca/?qs=8f96eee...ac965f34826a8b43dc921b99331ba92507ed64a982c0a
Hugs
Mel

Well all is not lost..................
I was reminded about my niece and granddaughters birthdays coming up very soon,,,,Hello Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic gift cards.
$200.00=280 airmiles
I'll check my Sobeys Targeted offers when they post later today.
I will be stocking up on some Campbells soup 49 cents a can and butter $2.99 a pound.

Edited to add: My targeted offers:
Buy one Prime chicken box get 15 bonus airmiles
Buy 1 helluva Good Dip get 8 bonus airmiles
23 airmiles

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

The coupons have been going the route of Mon-Wed for a couple of months now, the LnG threshold offer is usually Mon- Thur, about once a month we get the double coupon of spend $50 get 100 AM. IF you can wait until Sept 5th to do your "Beauty" shop at Rexall you'll be able to use the Round-Up coupon as well, it's spend $30 got 50 AM on Beauty products as well. SO in your case it looks like the most AM would be to spend $60 on Thursday and make sure at least 50 of that is on Beauty stuff and you'll get 160 AM. BUT I would be tempted to wait till Sept and only need to spend $50 and get at least 150 AM (with the possibility of also finding a loaded threshold offer that week to add to the haul.)

This household is all about the biggest bang for our buck so we rarely will shop just for the miles, never push to meet a threshold (unless we're talking about adding less than $5 to get 200 miles at Rexall) and we wouldn't be doing the Sobey's threshold spend, it only comes out to JUST meeting my 1:1 ratio. As hubby says, "we can't afford to save that much!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!