Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Oh I can see what’s confusing.

The problem isn’t tiering. It’s that since it opened, Smugglers Run has been standby only. No FP line at all.

This morning, with no notice and no announcement, Disney added it as an option to the FP list. Along with this, they rearranged the tiers at hollywood studios.

So the problem for me is that my trip is less than 30 days away. That means anyone, not just resort guests, can make FPs. Since Disney didn’t give any warning, I didn’t find out until morts post, and so by the time I looked FPs we’re gone for every day in our 10 day trip.

The standby line for SR has been manageable, but adding it as a FP option means it’s going to be too long for my family. My frustration is that I made my FPs at 60 days like Disney requires, only for them to change the rules without telling me.

Edited to say: anyone with a trip 61+ days away will have the notice, so it’s a problem specific to my trip’s timing. I bet it’ll still be a tough FP to get, but at least the playing field is what you’d expect.
My trip is in 21 days, so no chance for me either. Luckily we were already prepared to not be able to get on the Star Wars rides. I might say something about it when we check in too, but not holding out hope.

My trip is in 21 days, so no chance for me either. Luckily we were already prepared to not be able to get on the Star Wars rides. I might say something about it when we check in too, but not holding out hope.

oh wow, we must be there at the same time! i think my trip is in 21 days (give or take a day or two...i’m so far behind i still think it’s 2019 :rotfl:)

I hope you have a good trip too! Maybe, just maybe you can get on Smuggler's Run.
I know what you mean, it's mild here(for the moment), but I am getting tired of snow and cold.

We just made it through a very cold stretch. With the wind we were down around -50 give or take for days and days. It finally “warmed up” but since then we got a dump of snow. I’m ready to wave goodbye to this for some florida sunshine!

So you are right only able to get one FP in tier 1. And 2 in tier 2. The same for epcot. AK and MK have no tiers yet. And if they do then there are real tears.
Oh I can see what’s confusing.

The problem isn’t tiering. It’s that since it opened, Smugglers Run has been standby only. No FP line at all.

This morning, with no notice and no announcement, Disney added it as an option to the FP list. Along with this, they rearranged the tiers at hollywood studios.

So the problem for me is that my trip is less than 30 days away. That means anyone, not just resort guests, can make FPs. Since Disney didn’t give any warning, I didn’t find out until morts post, and so by the time I looked FPs we’re gone for every day in our 10 day trip.

The standby line for SR has been manageable, but adding it as a FP option means it’s going to be too long for my family. My frustration is that I made my FPs at 60 days like Disney requires, only for them to change the rules without telling me.

Edited to say: anyone with a trip 61+ days away will have the notice, so it’s a problem specific to my trip’s timing. I bet it’ll still be a tough FP to get, but at least the playing field is what you’d expect.

Gotcha!

I know this tier system is to control crowds but it seems a little haphazard to me that only exists in two parks.

Thanks for the clarification, I guess I am going to have to learn about the best tier strategies before we go again.

You should be able to get on SR without too much trouble.... @marchingstar same for you. The standby wait times are often around 30 minutes. We got on in Dec. with a posted 35 min wait time and it only took 20 minutes. The week we were there RoR opened, it was Pop Warner week and there was a high school band competition. The value and mod resorts were all over 95% capacity. It was a VERY busy week and it reminded me of the time we went over the 4th of July....which was, no joke, shoulder to shoulder crowds in the parks.

BTW....I got the same Sobeys spend offer as last week $115/110. Now I'm trying to decide if I'm shopping at Sobeys again this week.

You should be able to get on SR without too much trouble.... @marchingstar same for you. The standby wait times are often around 30 minutes. We got on in Dec. with a posted 35 min wait time and it only took 20 minutes. The week we were there RoR opened, it was Pop Warner week and there was a high school band competition. The value and mod resorts were all over 95% capacity. It was a VERY busy week and it reminded me of the time we went over the 4th of July....which was, no joke, shoulder to shoulder crowds in the parks.

BTW....I got the same Sobeys spend offer as last week $115/110. Now I'm trying to decide if I'm shopping at Sobeys again this week.

I hope you’re right :) Fastpasses always make the standby lines longer.

Nothing to do but wait and see now, though!

I opted to take advantage of my Sobeys spend offer. DD was with me and she probably adds $40 to my cart with all the ‘oh look at this...can I get it’. It’s actually really funny to take her to the grocery store....she says she hates it yet she acts like a 5yo in Toys R Us.

So I spent $130 and earned 164 miles.

DH and I checked out sav on foods when the AM offers didn't show this week... ;) shocking ! I need to reach out to Onyx and find out what we need for 2 sets of 7 day hoppers for 2 adults/1 kid for a possible trip in 2021. So the expirations on the 2020 tickets now make me worry about how little price difference the "bridging" will be, given disney loves money and increases prices! Thinking we probably need around 45k AM for that though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!