Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Which resort were you looking at? I do enjoy Universal.

Hi Hon
My first choice would be Royal Pacific Resort and second would be maybe Cabana Bay.
Yeah I love going to Universal too!
I miss sitting with my elephant statues sipping a drink in the main lobby of Royal Pacific Resort.

Ah such happy memories,,,,
Someday again!

Hugs
Mel

Hi Hon
My first choice would be Royal Pacific Resort and second would be maybe Cabana Bay.
I miss sitting with my elephant statues sipping a drink in the main lobby of Royal Pacific Resort.
View attachment 527276

Someday again!

Hugs
Mel
We love Cabana Bay, the family suites even though it is always just the two of us in the room. The theming is spot on. Never stayed at Royal Pacific but have thought about it a few times. I'm sure you already know this but I'll mention it anyways, keep your eyes out for Annual Pass room discounts. They are often a good deal. We always use them for our stays. It might work out better rate wise than using the AM's.
Can't wait to go back!

Hi Hon
View attachment 527276

Someday again!

Hugs
Mel
I love Royal Pacific and always stay there for the express pass. It’s a longer walk from the parks, but the price is friendlier. Their uni is one of the freshest we have eaten. It’s not available all the time. We ate it only once early around 6 pm on a weekend. Yum...
Hope you get what you want for your stay! Enjoy!!

Hurricane Teddy is starting his wrath here in Halifax. Pouring rain, wind is picking up too. Over night is when the centre of the storm is supposed to hit here with 110-120 KM winds.

My office building is beside the Wave structure on the waterfront, but I am working from home this week. I am missing the water action!

Edit to add: If anyone likes to track/watch storms, here's the link to all NS webcams:
https://www.novascotiawebcams.com/en/webcams/peggys-cove-lighthouse/
Halifax waterfront doesn't look too bad right now.

Last edited:
Hi Hon
View attachment 527276

Someday again!

Hugs
Mel

I love Royal Pacific. Our last few stays at universal have been at the Hard Rock Hotel...it’s just so darn close to the Universal front gate.

But the theme at Royal Pacific is so welcoming and fun. It’s nice to have a dream on the horizon :)

I love Royal Pacific. Our last few stays at universal have been at the Hard Rock Hotel...it’s just so darn close to the Universal front gate.

But the theme at Royal Pacific is so welcoming and fun. It’s nice to have a dream on the horizon :)

We've done Royal Pacific and Hard Rock twice. We like them because of the Skip the Lines passes that come with staying at them and the proximity to the parks. A good hint is they often have very good annual pass discounts at Hard Rock, Royal Pacific and Portofino where you would save enough to cover one annual pass for someone in the group.

There's a good thread about this elsewhere on the Disboards. Take a look and crunch the numbers.

Our first Universal trip was in March last year and we all really enjoyed our stay at Royal Pacific. Wow, seems like so long ago now. Hope to be back there again some day...

We've done Royal Pacific and Hard Rock twice. We like them because of the Skip the Lines passes that come with staying at them and the proximity to the parks. A good hint is they often have very good annual pass discounts at Hard Rock, Royal Pacific and Portofino where you would save enough to cover one annual pass for someone in the group.

There's a good thread about this elsewhere on the Disboards. Take a look and crunch the numbers.

this is what we’ve done in the past too :) our last stay at Hard Rock, the annual pass savings covered an upgrade to club level, which meant decent savings on breakfasts and drinks too.

There is a Universal board that gives lots of good advice.

Has anyone been asked to complete a Metro survey? Looks like they are investigating options in regards to loyalty programs. I was asked all kinds of questions about the types of loyalty programs I participate in; how much I spend at Metro; how often I shop at Metro; how often would I shop at Metro if Air Miles did not exist, etc. Also questions about being interested in premium MONTHLY FEE programs giving access to faster earning potential of Air Miles!

Too bad it was a multiple choice type of survey and I was not asked to type in my opinion. I would have made it clear that I shop less at Metro because they don't offer the Air Miles earnings that Sobey's does and Rexall use to. If they take away Air Miles, my business is gone. I haven't been back to Rexall's since they started their own program.

Has anyone been asked to complete a Metro survey? Looks like they are investigating options in regards to loyalty programs. I was asked all kinds of questions about the types of loyalty programs I participate in; how much I spend at Metro; how often I shop at Metro; how often would I shop at Metro if Air Miles did not exist, etc. Also questions about being interested in premium MONTHLY FEE programs giving access to faster earning potential of Air Miles!

Too bad it was a multiple choice type of survey and I was not asked to type in my opinion. I would have made it clear that I shop less at Metro because they don't offer the Air Miles earnings that Sobey's does and Rexall use to. If they take away Air Miles, my business is gone. I haven't been back to Rexall's since they started their own program.

In QC Metro has its own reward system, Points M but kept Air Miles at Jean Coutu (now owned by Metro).

Hurricane Teddy is starting his wrath here in Halifax. Pouring rain, wind is picking up too. Over night is when the centre of the storm is supposed to hit here with 110-120 KM winds.

My office building is beside the Wave structure on the waterfront, but I am working from home this week. I am missing the water action!

View attachment 527545

Edit to add: If anyone likes to track/watch storms, here's the link to all NS webcams:
https://www.novascotiawebcams.com/en/webcams/peggys-cove-lighthouse/
Halifax waterfront doesn't look too bad right now.
Thanks for the update, I have family in Chester, should check on them. Family in Windsor, not too worried about.

ok, I know I'm not the only HBC person here, anyone else freaking out over a massive transfer of points you didn't have from hbc to airmiles ???
got an email at 2 am letting me know that 53,000 points, worth $246 were transferred leaving me with -51470 in my account?!
checked my airmiles account first, nothing there, then checked my HBC account and sure enough, it's got the huge negative balance .
I'll be calling them to see what's going on, I sure as heck don't want them trying to get the value of those points back 😱

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter