Airmiles Armchair Chatter

OT - received our confirmations yesterday for our trip in Feb. 18!! SO excited! party:

Also, even though we have the Canadian Resident passes, the TA was able to book us for the standard dining package with our hotel reservation.

225 more sleeps!!

Woohoo! It's called a ticketless package and is only available on the phone, not online.

Last edited:
Just decided to do one of my gazillion refreshes of my account to see if some lost miles have posted and i *think* the elusive miles for loading and then using a LoadnGo offer at Rexall just posted !! :scratchin This is what I'm seeing

upload_2017-6-26_14-59-3.png

Just decided to do one of my gazillion refreshes of my account to see if some lost miles have posted and i *think* the elusive miles for loading and then using a LoadnGo offer at Rexall just posted !! :scratchin This is what I'm seeing

View attachment 247130

Yes, I think the 50AM bonus for using Load n Go has just been posted to my account as well. I wonder if it can be repeated or not.

I got the 50 AM too. Now I feel guilty for calling and asking about the offer and when it would post. They gave me 50 AM then as well because they didn't know how the whole thing was going to work and didn't want me to be out of pocket.

OT (way OT). My DS who doesn't live with me asked if I could repair a pair of his work pants (landscaping job). I told him I would do them today as I didn't feel like it last night. I was going through my fabric stash when I had a light bulb moment. I would patch the hole in his pants with a Mickey head. Down to the kitchen to find my Mickey head cookie cutter. Traced it and appliqued it onto his pants. (The fabric is a good colour match so it is a subtle addition)

He's either going to love it and get a great laugh or he'll never ask me to mend his clothes again. As far as I'm concerned it will be a win-win either way.:P

Edit to add: He hated it! :( And he dropped off another pair for me to fix. My solution is a different type of pant for him to work in. Different pocket design (it's his stupid phone wearing a hole in the fabric in front of the pocket) I think I may have found some online.

Last edited:
Yes, I think the 50AM bonus for using Load n Go has just been posted to my account as well. I wonder if it can be repeated or not.

Because I'm lazy yet also like to give full details, I copied one of my earlier posts!

The fine print from this offer reads as follows
*Bonus Miles Offer ends June 29, 2017 and excludes any weekend offers occurring from Friday – Sunday. Limit one (1) offer per Collector Number. Offer is exclusive to the addressee of this email and is non-transferable. Offer valid at participating Rexall and Rexall/Pharma Plus locations in the provinces of Manitoba, Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories, subject to certain exclusions. All AIR MILES Base and Bonus offers exclude prescription purchases in Ontario and British Columbia, Manitoba, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Northwest Territories locations. AIR MILES Base and Bonus offers exclude products containing codeine, postal services and stamps, Gift Cards, Gift Card Express, Rexall Pharma Plus Gift Cards, lottery, transit tickets, phone cards, event tickets and taxes. AIR MILES collected on prescriptions are subject to Federal, Provincial and Territorial legislation and policies and any applicable drug plan requirements, including PharmaCare policies.

Here's a link if you want to be able to show someone the above information
Offer's fine print

Because I'm lazy yet also like to give full details, I copied one of my earlier posts!

The fine print from this offer reads as follows
*Bonus Miles Offer ends June 29, 2017 and excludes any weekend offers occurring from Friday – Sunday. Limit one (1) offer per Collector Number. Offer is exclusive to the addressee of this email and is non-transferable. Offer valid at participating Rexall and Rexall/Pharma Plus locations in the provinces of Manitoba, Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories, subject to certain exclusions. All AIR MILES Base and Bonus offers exclude prescription purchases in Ontario and British Columbia, Manitoba, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Northwest Territories locations. AIR MILES Base and Bonus offers exclude products containing codeine, postal services and stamps, Gift Cards, Gift Card Express, Rexall Pharma Plus Gift Cards, lottery, transit tickets, phone cards, event tickets and taxes. AIR MILES collected on prescriptions are subject to Federal, Provincial and Territorial legislation and policies and any applicable drug plan requirements, including PharmaCare policies.

Here's a link if you want to be able to show someone the above information
Offer's fine print

Thank you my hero! :worship:

So, my plan for tomorrow. I'm writing it out to make sure it makes sense to me and see if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions.....

I have a BOGO mail in offer for the Lysol Foam had soap dispensers. They are $39.95 each and have a $10.00 off coupon attached which would then make them $29.95, total is $59.90. Its seniors day tomorrow so 29% off, total $11.98. So 50.90 - 11.98 = $47.92. I have the $5.00 off $25 so that would bring it to $42.92. I then need to purchase about $10 worth of anything to get me to the $50 mark to get the 110 airmiles. That's easy enough. Then I will mail in the receipt and get $29.95 back for one soap dispenser.
Final will be $50.00 (approximately) - $29.95 = $20.05 for 110 AM.

Am I missing anything? Any other way to save on this or get more AM?

So Airmiles just sent our package of tickets all together. 2 tickets for both the Montreal show and the Gatineau Cirque shows. And a dinner in PEI with Danny from the food network. This was quick as it was just this past week they were up on the site. Now my wife says "let me get one more ticket and and her and the 2 daughters can catch the train to Montreal and have a girls weekend" " just go on your disney site and see if any of your friends have a spare ticket\":worship::worship::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
So after I stopped laughing about that idea. I asked, so which daughter is sitting alone. \THe puzzled look on her face, then the realization that everyone else would have different seats and she just cant pick the next seat to her.
Gotta love her.
So gotta ask anyone have seats beside O 7&8 section 200.
If this actually worked then I would/could give up my Gatineau tickets.
pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:
Heres to dreaming

So Airmiles just sent our package of tickets all together. 2 tickets for both the Montreal show and the Gatineau Cirque shows. And a dinner in PEI with Danny from the food network. This was quick as it was just this past week they were up on the site. Now my wife says "let me get one more ticket and and her and the 2 daughters can catch the train to Montreal and have a girls weekend" " just go on your disney site and see if any of your friends have a spare ticket\":worship::worship::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
So after I stopped laughing about that idea. I asked, so which daughter is sitting alone. \THe puzzled look on her face, then the realization that everyone else would have different seats and she just cant pick the next seat to her.
Gotta love her.
So gotta ask anyone have seats beside O 7&8 section 200.
If this actually worked then I would/could give up my Gatineau tickets.
pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:
Heres to dreaming
Can't help you with this (sadly) however if you do decide to not use your Gatineau tickets I would be interested. Just putting it out there, lol.

I don't think it does.

I never went any further and if I choose the room, I don't get anything indicating 500 bonus miles.

I went and found a hotel which would cost me $259 CDN and it was only giving me 50 bonus airmiles. Went to the page for booking it and it still said 50 AM, no 500 bonus. Maybe I have to be logged into airmiles first in order to get the bonus? I'll try that.

Yep - had to log in first, then the bonus was added - 640 AM instead of 390. Good to know.

OK - this is just weird. I checked on some motels in Charlotte, NC a few days ago after signing into the airmiles hub and got A LOT of motels with A LOT of airmiles. For example, a days inn was $91 CDN and offering 1940 AM with the bonus that's on right now. There was even a Doubletree for $247 CDN offering 4200 AM. This was for a 1-night stay. I guess I should have booked something because I just checked again today and those same motels have changed their AM offers. The Days Inn is now 300 AM and the Doubletree is 360 AM. This is with the 500JN17 offer that's currently out until early July.
So, did I stumble across an error in the system the other day, or do the AM values fluctuate all the time? I can't believe they would change that drastically.

It's also strange because I was checking other places like Kissimmee and Lake Buena Vista and they would only range from say 300-500 AM, which seems right. I'm thinking maybe I missed out on a great AM opportunity by not booking the other night.

Actually went to Rexall and the cashier stacked all my coupons! Got 233 miles on a spend of about $166 (which included a $100 gift card purchased for a friend's new home gift...though that doesn't count)... Finally had a cashier who gave me more miles than I ever though I'd get!

Spend $25 get 40AM (they had this printed and didnt even ask, just scanned it for me)
Spend $25 get 25AM (cut out coupon from flyer)
Spend $50 get 110AM (email coupon sent out today, they also had this one printed out to scan for me)
Colgate Toothpaste $1.99 ea with $1 off coupon, 5AM for every 2 purchased
Be Better Sparkling Water 4 for $5, 5AM for every 4 purchased
Flonase Nasal Spray $15.99 with $2 off coupon, 20AM for every $10 purchased of "cough and cold" (Load & Go)
Hallmark Card $4.99, 4AM for every $4 purchased (Load & Go)
Oral Care 12AM for every $8 spent (Load & Go)
Colgate toothbrush $2.49 ea with $1 off coupon
Bottled Water 12pk (Rexall Brand) $0.99 ea, 2AM for every 2 purchased
Beverages 8AM for every $4 spent
Base Miles 2AM (this seems so low?!)

Actually went to Rexall and the cashier stacked all my coupons! Got 233 miles on a spend of about $166 (which included a $100 gift card purchased for a friend's new home gift...though that doesn't count)... Finally had a cashier who gave me more miles than I ever though I'd get!

Spend $25 get 40AM (they had this printed and didnt even ask, just scanned it for me)
Spend $25 get 25AM (cut out coupon from flyer)
Spend $50 get 110AM (email coupon sent out today, they also had this one printed out to scan for me)
Colgate Toothpaste $1.99 ea with $1 off coupon, 5AM for every 2 purchased
Be Better Sparkling Water 4 for $5, 5AM for every 4 purchased
Flonase Nasal Spray $15.99 with $2 off coupon, 20AM for every $10 purchased of "cough and cold" (Load & Go)
Hallmark Card $4.99, 4AM for every $4 purchased (Load & Go)
Oral Care 12AM for every $8 spent (Load & Go)
Colgate toothbrush $2.49 ea with $1 off coupon
Bottled Water 12pk (Rexall Brand) $0.99 ea, 2AM for every 2 purchased
Beverages 8AM for every $4 spent
Base Miles 2AM (this seems so low?!)
You had a great hunting trip! I agree that the 2 base miles is low -- *should* be on the $66.00 (minus the gift card not included)

Which flyer did you get the coupon from BTW?

I don't know if anyone has posted this already, so I apologize in advance but I just saw that Airmiles has the text offer with Shell again (offer valid Jun 26 to July 5). It looks to be the same as last time:

Text SHELL to 111222 to choose one of two great offers!

Save 5¢ per litre on up to 100 L of fuel.*

OR

Get up to 50 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles. Get 5 Bonus Miles on every $10 you spend.**

Text your choice by July 5, 2017! Your offer will be loaded onto your AIR MILES Card for you to use from July 14 until July 27.

Here's how simple it is to choose your offer:

1. Text the word SHELL to the phone number 111222 before July 5, 2017. Standard message rates apply.

2. You will then be asked to provide your AIR MILES® Card Number. Enter it and send that as a follow-up text message.

3. Choose which offer you would like to get:
Text A if you would like to get 5¢ off per litre on up to 100 L of fuel.
Text B if you would like to get 5 AIR MILES Bonus Miles for every $10 you spend, up to a maximum of 50 Bonus Miles.

4. Your offer will be loaded onto your AIR MILES Card and ready to use between July 14 and July 27, 2017.
The fine print reads "qualifying products" Has anyone figured out what those products are?

The fine print reads "qualifying products" Has anyone figured out what those products are?
The only thing i can find is this list of what's EXCLUDED
Purchases of Shell Gift Cards, tobacco products and Service Bay repairs are not eligible for this offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter