Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I held off doing my shopping until today.
Sobeys
I was trying to make room for one more box of chicken as I was able to get 25 bonus airmiles
on a targeted offer.
I picked up two pkg bagels and one pkg tortillas =25 bonus airmiles
40 bonus airmiles for spending 120.00 in total
1 deli salad 10 bonus airmiles
In all I got 11 base airmiles and 100 bonus airmiles for this shop.
Hugs Mel

You had a great hunting trip! I agree that the 2 base miles is low -- *should* be on the $66.00 (minus the gift card not included)

Which flyer did you get the coupon from BTW?

It was in the Rexall print flyer (Ottawa ON) about 2 weeks back, it was the horizontal border for one page so it was an awkwardly long coupon. I never look at the print flyers but maybe I will start after this!!

The only thing i can find is this list of what's EXCLUDED
Purchases of Shell Gift Cards, tobacco products and Service Bay repairs are not eligible for this offer.
So other gift cards would be included? Cool. Thanks
The 50 points at Rexall for using Load and Go....is that a once and done? Any minimum with that?

Actually went to Rexall and the cashier stacked all my coupons! Got 233 miles on a spend of about $166 (which included a $100 gift card purchased for a friend's new home gift...though that doesn't count)... Finally had a cashier who gave me more miles than I ever though I'd get!

Spend $25 get 40AM (they had this printed and didnt even ask, just scanned it for me)
Spend $25 get 25AM (cut out coupon from flyer)
Spend $50 get 110AM (email coupon sent out today, they also had this one printed out to scan for me)
Colgate Toothpaste $1.99 ea with $1 off coupon, 5AM for every 2 purchased
Be Better Sparkling Water 4 for $5, 5AM for every 4 purchased
Flonase Nasal Spray $15.99 with $2 off coupon, 20AM for every $10 purchased of "cough and cold" (Load & Go)
Hallmark Card $4.99, 4AM for every $4 purchased (Load & Go)
Oral Care 12AM for every $8 spent (Load & Go)
Colgate toothbrush $2.49 ea with $1 off coupon
Bottled Water 12pk (Rexall Brand) $0.99 ea, 2AM for every 2 purchased
Beverages 8AM for every $4 spent
Base Miles 2AM (this seems so low?!)

Rexall on Merivale in Ottawa?

Mort, where are your tickets located in Gatineau. I have Section 200 row N seats 9,10 for Montreal. I'm sure whoever has seats 9,10 or 5,6 in row O could be convinced to move forward one row. Better yet if they are here on Dis you may be able to split the extra tickets

Just back from what I thought was a GREAT Rexall shop. I spent $60.28 after tax and got 200 AM. Of that $60.28 I will get $33 back in a mail in rebate making my purchases really only $27.28.
At my Rexall they have the Lindt chocolate bars 3 for $10 with 10 bonus AM. One of the flavors available is Mint Chip and they each have a $2.00 off coupon attached. That made each bar $1.33 plus the 10 AM for the purchase of three. I also received the $10 gift card so I may just go back and purchase 6 more which will be 20 AM and cost me nothing.....or 9, get 30 AM and only pay $1.97 out of pocket.

So other gift cards would be included? Cool. Thanks
The 50 points at Rexall for using Load and Go....is that a once and done? Any minimum with that?
Yes, it's a one time offer and no, there's no minimum so pick whichever offer is cheapest. Mine was for any Kit Hair product, so i grabbed some hair elastics that were on sale for $1.49 :P

Yes, it's a one time offer and no, there's no minimum so pick whichever offer is cheapest. Mine was for any Kit Hair product, so i grabbed some hair elastics that were on sale for $1.49 :P
One more question....when did this start? I don't have a recollection of when I read it, but, since I bought something last week, from my Load and Go, would that have counted? (I had a 'Thanks for shopping at Rexall bonus go on yesterday) I'll be going this week to spend $50 and get 110AM anyway, but if I don't have to pick up the deodorant that is on my Load and Go, I won't.
BTW, thanks for all the help in keeping everything straight. I see something, and then promptly lose it. D'oh!

One more question....when did this start? I don't have a recollection of when I read it, but, since I bought something last week, from my Load and Go, would that have counted? (I had a 'Thanks for shopping at Rexall bonus go on yesterday) I'll be going this week to spend $50 and get 110AM anyway, but if I don't have to pick up the deodorant that is on my Load and Go, I won't.
BTW, thanks for all the help in keeping everything straight. I see something, and then promptly lose it. D'oh!
This is the 2nd week for this rather confusing offer. The "Thanks for Shopping at Rexall" bonus that was just posted is for this offer so no need to buy what we call "anti-stinkies"

As for keeping things handy, that's because I've been burned far too many times in the last 2 years, ever since AM needed to hire more staff to run their customer-frustration department. SO i have a stack of receipts sitting on my desk, copies of coupons I've used, every single e-mail sent about bonus offers kept in a separate folder, flagged for attention the day after the maximum time passes before i start the annoying process of chasing them down, a separate folder in my bookmarks that i use for the URLS connected to the details, fine print, FAQs of all the offers, and an Excel spreadsheet to track the miles that I've collected and when they actually post. I am sure I annoy whoever gets the short straw when i call to track down miles because there is NO way they are able to catch me with my ducks not lined up properly!!

Your description just sounded like the store I frequent. Good to know Barrhaven store automatically swipes as well. I shop there sometimes on my way back from Sobeys.

Your description just sounded like the store I frequent. Good to know Barrhaven store automatically swipes as well. I shop there sometimes on my way back from Sobeys.

That's so funny because on my first trip with AM in mind I was at Merivale Rexall and got no Load & Go or other spend offers even though I made valid purchases per the app. The cashier didn't scan any extras. Sadly. Haha

Ottawamom and Mort
Cirque Du Soleil Volta
I have Porte 1 Rangee 0
Section 200 Siege 9 and 10
Montreal July 22
Ryan and his wife can't make it to Montreal that weekend.
Let me know if you guys want them
Hugs Mel

Just got off the phone with non-customer service Via the extra-special, super fast ONYX number. After being lost in silicone-sally loops for far too long i got the message that "we're currently experiencing longer than usual wait times, good bye" WHHHHHHHHHHaaaaaaaaaaaaaTTTTTT! SO i called back and got stuck on hold for over 10 minutes before someone finally answered. I was trying to track down my missing 25X miles from the March on-line promotion. He tried to argue with me that it hadn't been long enough to claim them and when i read the fine print that stated 75 days he told me i could have used the online claim. Told him i had and received an email telling me that since it was more than 25 miles and i quote "Your email will be placed in priority sequence and a personalized reply will be on its way within 7-10 business days. " Yeah, the 10th day was yesterday!

Long & short i eventually got those miles credited in several lumps because "i can only add 250 miles at a time" I swear it was never this hard to use this programme!!!

Now to decide what to do with all these miles :scratchin

Ottawamom and Mort
Cirque Du Soleil Volta
I have Porte 1 Rangee 0
Montreal July 22
Hugs Mel

Hold onto those seats. Those are the exact seats Mort is looking for he has seats 7,8 in the same row.

Ottawamom and Mort
Cirque Du Soleil Volta
I have Porte 1 Rangee 0
Montreal July 22
Hugs Mel

Hold onto those seats. Those are the exact seats Mort is looking for he has seats 7,8 in the same row.

Yooohooo @mort1331 you will want to see this!
upload_2017-6-27_14-49-11.png

Paging Mort
Hi Hon
please shoot me a PM with your address if interested in the Tickets and I will mail them to you.
Hugs Mel

Ottawamom and Mort
Cirque Du Soleil Volta
I have Porte 1 Rangee 0
Montreal July 22
Hugs Mel
Wow are you kidding, Now I have to eat alot of Crow. I never would have thought. This group is amazing.
I will chat when I get home today and see about an exchange. And the Gatineau tickets if you can use them are
Port 3 Range k Section 201 seats 13/14
What a group.
I guess with just a small amount of ticket out there and our group posting we all gathered them up.
Lots of pixie dust here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!