Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I have to say, so far, August has been a really slow AM month. I've only earned 251 miles so far. That kind of hurts when the last 5 months in a row I've earned from a low of 1900 to a high of 2900 each month. :crazy2:

I hear you on that! I have not been earning as much as you per month but has seemed to slow down.

I have to say, so far, August has been a really slow AM month. I've only earned 251 miles so far. That kind of hurts when the last 5 months in a row I've earned from a low of 1900 to a high of 2900 each month. :crazy2:

I know...I'm trying to get another 1000 miles in the next month or so to order our last Universal ticket and the pickins have been really slim.

Sobey's has the spend $100 get 100AM this weekend, so that should help a bit.

Earned 132 AM yesterday at Safeway... so there's that. And we do have to fuel up my vehicle so at least we will get the 5X at Shell... unfortunately had a forgetful moment and did not fill up on the last day of the 20X promo, but ahhh well. I will always need more gas! :)

Aaaaaah! So excited! Just won 10,000 Air Miles!!! I don't know anybody IRL who actually cares about Air Miles and had to share with people who care! I already bought one of our Disney tickets for our March trip, this should cover the rest of the tickets I need!

Metro is no good this week for me, next week flyer is up on Reebee.

They always have so many deals where you earn less than 1AM per dollar spent! :(

Aaaaaah! So excited! Just won 10,000 Air Miles!!! I don't know anybody IRL who actually cares about Air Miles and had to share with people who care! I already bought one of our Disney tickets for our March trip, this should cover the rest of the tickets I need!
Wow! Congratulations! :D

Reactions: ngm

Very Cool! Congrats!!!
Hugs Mel

I looked at Metro on Reebee and
I will probably buy the two cereals at 2x $5.00=$10.00= 20 airmiles
Oasis juice boxes 2 for $5.00=20 airmiles --stock up for work
babybel (laughing cow cheese) buy 2x $2.99=$6.00=10 airmiles
These are products I would normally buy.

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
I'm sure this has been explained somewhere amongst these 343 pages, but could you save me some reading please?
Just starting out and was wondering what you consider a great shop. Basically how many points per dollar is worth it? Thanks

Last edited:
WOOHOO! :bounce::dancer:party:

I'm sure this has been explained somewhere amongst these 343 pages, but could you save me some reading please?
Just starting out and was wondering what you consider a great shop. Basically how many points per dollar is worth it? Thanks
That's different for everyone. For me spending $50-$60 and getting 100 miles would be decent. Something like that I consider an everyday sort of shop. What we all like are the big promo sales where you could spend $20 and earn 100 miles. Just a few weeks ago Sobeys had a big thing where they had many good items in the flyer with a lot of miles attached. Example...buy 4 tubs of ice cream at $4.99 each and earn 100 miles. They also had a lot of other items. I can't remember what I spent in total that week but it was around $175 and I earned over 700 miles. It would be nice if those sales were routine but they are not. You often have to hunt for the good promos but it's worth it in the end.....you have to shop anyway so you might as well earn some miles to use for travel or whatever. You really have to pay attention to work it to your advantage and earn larger amounts of miles. If you just go and buy your gas at Shell and get your groceries at Metro you would be lucky to earn 100 miles a month.

I agree with dancin Disney style. It's a personal shopping decision. Start out slow (whatever you're happy with) and then play a game with yourself. If you have something you're working towards divide that total up into weekly earning amounts (it's your timeline). I personally like to earn 250AM per week. That is from a few sources (Rexall, Metro, Sobeys, Foodland) and that is my preference.

Airmiles hunting has become a fun way for me to shop. I used to dread the weekly shop for items we need in the house. Airmiles shopping has got me reading the flyers and I have become much more aware of what things cost (what's a good deal). Now I have a routine and a goal to work towards each week. If I make it great, if I don't I know I'll make it up in a week or two with one of those big AM weeks.

Happy hunting!

WOW-that is awesome, big congrats to you!!!

Rexall doesn't look that great, use 285AM for $30 cash and get 100 AM is the weekend deal (also a $10 off coupon with that).

Sobeys has the 3 day spend $100 get a $10 gift card OR 100 AM (coupon on front of the flyer). I think this is the deal from some contest thing? I don't see many other AM in the flyer.

Metro actually looks best... how strange. Buy two cereals (2/$10) get 20 AM or buy 2 juices (best deal is the 2/$5) and get 20 AM. I see that mentioned up above :)

We leave Sunday so I can't see spending $100 on groceries this weekend!

Sobey's has the spend $100 get 100AM this weekend, so that should help a bit.

Thanks! I will have to see where the closest Sobey's is. We don't have one where I live.

Oh so nice! Congrats!

I looked at Metro on Reebee and I will probably buy the two cereals at 2x $5.00=$10.00= 20 airmiles
Oasis juice boxes 2 for $5.00=20 airmiles --stock up for work
babybel (laughing cow cheese) buy 2x $2.99=$6.00=10 airmiles

Is this for Metro coming out this week?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter