Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Curious if anyone else has a threshold spend in their Rexall LoadnGo offers for next week? They usually pop up on Fridays to load and once again i do NOT have one :sad:

Rexall Load and Go
I don't have an extra one again (threshold spend),,,just the one that is listed in the flyer,,,
(Spend $70 or more and get 100 Bonus Miles, $50 or more and get 60 Bonus Miles, or $30 or more and get 30 Bonus Miles)
not sure what's up with this?
Hugs Mel

I ordered a child's 7 day Canadian Discount Ticket and I received a hard plastic ticket. No code like the adult ones I received that you have to redeem for an actual ticket. No mention anywhere about needing a Canadian passport, or anything about Canadian Resident ticket anywhere on the order form either. Anyone else order a child's Canadian discount and get this? If they sent a regular ticket by mistake, do they expire?

I went to Foodland this afternoon and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
bought 1 or 2 or 3 cakes,,lol.
I am celebrating :cake: that I gave notice to my work this week.
I am going from full time to part time in Feb 2018.
Tough decision to make, but I am happy!
Hugs Mel
Very nice enjoy the free time

I went to Foodland this afternoon and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
bought 1 or 2 or 3 cakes,,lol.
I am celebrating :cake: that I gave notice to my work this week.
I am going from full time to part time in Feb 2018.
Tough decision to make, but I am happy!
Hugs Mel

Congratulations on having one foot into the retirement world.

I picked up a cake also but I'm thinking I really shouldn't serve it to company without testing it first. May have to go back and get a different flavour if this one doesn't measure up:D

Last edited:

I ordered a child's 7 day Canadian Discount Ticket and I received a hard plastic ticket. No code like the adult ones I received that you have to redeem for an actual ticket. No mention anywhere about needing a Canadian passport, or anything about Canadian Resident ticket anywhere on the order form either. Anyone else order a child's Canadian discount and get this? If they sent a regular ticket by mistake, do they expire?
I got the same. I’ve linked to MDE and on MDE it says expiry 2019-01-14

I got the same. I’ve linked to MDE and on MDE it says expiry 2019-01-14

Ugh, they make this SO difficult now to save for a vacation! So last day to use new tickets will be December 31 of the following year and they expire 14 days later ie. Jan 14. Sounds like January would be a much better time to redeem than the fall since it gives you an additional year (I suppose this needs to be confirmed in January), unless you are absolutely sure of your plans. From mousesavers:

• A newly purchased standard ticket has an expiration date of December 31 of the year after it was issued. For example, tickets bought in 2017 must have their first use by December 31, 2018. If they’re used on or before that date, they will expire normally after 14 days or all the admissions are used up (see above). So, in theory, you could use a ticket that “expires” on December 31, 2018 until January 13, 2019, as long as you use it first on December 31, and thus activate the ticket. If tickets are not used by the expiration date, they “expire” but still retain some value. They’re no longer useful for admission, but they can be upgraded to new tickets, effectively forever. You can always turn in an expired, unused ticket toward a new ticket of the same or higher price.

I don’t have any products listed in my offers for Rexall. I have a spend threshold offer but zero products. I haven’t done a Rexall shop in a few weeks but seems odd to me. I’d like to earn my bonus 25 air miles for using a load and go but wasn’t planning on spending up to my threshold offer. Are products not listed on load and go anymore? For instance buy candy and get 5 bonus miles or buy cotton swabs and earn 2 bonus miles.

Congratulations on having on foot into the retirement world.

I picked up a cake also but I'm thinking I really shouldn't serve it to company without testing it first. May have to go back and get a different flavour if this one doesn't measure up:D
Hi Hon
Thanks for the good wishes.
I think you need to have a sampler pack (3-4 choices) for company...lol.
Hugs Mel

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes,on my baby steps into semi retirement.
The next few months will be all about how I struggle to leave at 12 noon and not work from home.lol.
Hugs Mel

Ugh, they make this SO difficult now to save for a vacation! So last day to use new tickets will be December 31 of the following year and they expire 14 days later ie. Jan 14. Sounds like January would be a much better time to redeem than the fall since it gives you an additional year (I suppose this needs to be confirmed in January), unless you are absolutely sure of your plans. From mousesavers:

• A newly purchased standard ticket has an expiration date of December 31 of the year after it was issued. For example, tickets bought in 2017 must have their first use by December 31, 2018. If they’re used on or before that date, they will expire normally after 14 days or all the admissions are used up (see above). So, in theory, you could use a ticket that “expires” on December 31, 2018 until January 13, 2019, as long as you use it first on December 31, and thus activate the ticket. If tickets are not used by the expiration date, they “expire” but still retain some value. They’re no longer useful for admission, but they can be upgraded to new tickets, effectively forever. You can always turn in an expired, unused ticket toward a new ticket of the same or higher price.
Yuck this sucks, glad I have a bunch stocked up. Have to look more into this. Wondering if AM tickets in stock have this.

So this means that your expired tickets will still be good but you will have to upgrade to a current ticket and pay the difference between the expired ticket and current ticket price? Sounds like more Disney money grab.

Yuck this sucks, glad I have a bunch stocked up. Have to look more into this. Wondering if AM tickets in stock have this.

So this means that your expired tickets will still be good but you will have to upgrade to a current ticket and pay the difference between the expired ticket and current ticket price? Sounds like more Disney money grab.

I'm finding this so complicated, freezing the value of old tickets when they increase the price, expiring tickets at the end of the year. Just so hard to plan ahead, I guess I just need to figure out how to best work with it.

I'm there in two weeks, I was going to use 5 day Canadian am tickets but they expire 2030 so I'd really rather hold onto them. I only have points for one more ticket (at 4695 am ugh) but I think I might get it and it will save one more 2030 expiry ticket.

Slightly different topic but I may also try to add hoppers to my 5 day Canadian am vouchers. From what I am reading on mousesavers and disboards' threads, these might now be valued as current year wholesale tickets and would be bridged to current gate price as long as Disney hasn't increased prices or expired the tickets. Another reason for not redeeming ahead of time!

From mousesavers again:

Magic Your Way tickets that were purchased from a third-party reseller like Undercover Tourist, a travel agent, or from Disney as part of a Magic Your Way Vacation Package are consideredwholesaletickets.

• If you are upgrading a wholesale, unexpired Magic Your Way ticket, originally purchased on or after 2/12/17, to a new ticket with more days or features, and the ticket is unused or partially used but still valid, the ticket you are turning in should be bridged to the current gate price. Subtract the current gate price of the ticket you’re buying from the current gate price of the ticket you’re turning in, and that’s what you should be charged.
Someone on this thread a week ago posted that they upgraded their Canadian am ticket to an ap and this is how it was priced.

Last edited:
I’ve received the email offers from sobers since they started. For the last few weeks they’ve come from Safeway (we shopped at one this summer) not Sobeys. I just went to check what offers I had before shopping and the app shows none loaded even though I clicked through the email. It’s so weird. Has anyone had anything like this happen?

Go to Sobeys.com and click on my offers. Enter your AM card # then click on the offers you want to load. This method works for me each time. I rarely wait for the email to arrive before I load my offers. They should be up Friday morning, although recently I've been able to load them on Thursday.

Go to Sobeys.com and click on my offers. Enter your AM card # then click on the offers you want to load. This method works for me each time. I rarely wait for the email to arrive before I load my offers. They should be up Friday morning, although recently I've been able to load them on Thursday.
ive done that but what is weird is that they are from Safeway not Sobeys and only valid there (says the terms & conditions). I went to Sobeys today and nothing redeemed. They were from Sobeys up until a few weeks ago and didn’t have any issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts