Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Hi Hon
I have never used the e-vouchers and have a question too...
the terms and conditions say a max of $400.00 per person per booking? Is there any way around this--I guess maybe just booking a flight / cruise ?

I'm actually looking at using the certificates you get for redeeming DREAM miles (only cash miles i have are leftover from the StB last year) but the fine print on those is confusing me!
upload_2017-10-18_12-24-48.png
But in the fine print it says THIS
6. Only applicable to new bookings.

So how do it do this ... let them know when i make the booking that i will be making my final payment with some gift cards??? How would they know when i actually made the booking???

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-18_12-21-26.png
    upload_2017-10-18_12-21-26.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 2
I'm actually looking at using the certificates you get for redeeming DREAM miles (only cash miles i have are leftover from the StB last year) but the fine print on those is confusing me!
View attachment 277895
But in the fine print it says THIS
6. Only applicable to new bookings.

So how do it do this ... let them know when i make the booking that i will be making my final payment with some gift cards??? How would they know when i actually made the booking???

Hmmmm
I must check this out.
sorry I can't answer your question Hon.
Hugs Mel

MIL has this weeks Sobeys flyer already. The Cakes from Foodland last week are on at Sobeys this coming week. Also Villagio bun/bread buy 3@$2.49 get 30AM and boxed Halloween candy buy 2 get 75AM (I think, I'm going on memory of the conversation)
Thank you for sharing! Of course I bought buns and Halloween candy today:(

Thanks for the heads-up! Will put off buying candy for now. I'm going to be a dedicated Sobeys shopper for a few weeks until I use up my $750 of gift cards! :teeth:

MIL has this weeks Sobeys flyer already. The Cakes from Foodland last week are on at Sobeys this coming week. Also Villagio bun/bread buy 3@$2.49 get 30AM and boxed Halloween candy buy 2 get 75AM (I think, I'm going on memory of the conversation)

For those with experience using Airmiles travel certificates (not e-vouchers)
So if I post anything wrong please feel free to correct me.
I am thinking about a Christmas trip 2018/Jan 2019.

1. 909 dream airmiles = $100.00 travel certificate?

2. These can not be used to book online but have to be used at a travel agency?

3. They can not be used for the taxes on a package or cruise?

4. You can only "redeem" up to $750.00 dollars worth of travel certificates a day?

5. Do these certificates ever expire?

6. Can the certificates be given to family or friends?

5 . Do you think I am safe buying "redeeming" these every 909 dream airmiles I get or would you wait till you have around enough to purchase a trip/cruise?

Just learning the ins and outs here,
thanks and
Hugs Mel

For those with experience using Airmiles travel certificates (not e-vouchers)
So if I post anything wrong please feel free to correct me.
I am thinking about a Christmas trip 2018/Jan 2019.

1. 909 dream airmiles = $100.00 travel certificate?

2. These can not be used to book online but have to be used at a travel agency?

3. They can not be used for the taxes on a package or cruise?

4. You can only "redeem" up to $750.00 dollars worth of travel certificates a day?

5. Do these certificates ever expire?

6. Can the certificates be given to family or friends?

5 . Do you think I am safe buying "redeeming" these every 909 dream airmiles I get or would you wait till you have around enough to purchase a trip/cruise?

Just learning the ins and outs here,
thanks and
Hugs Mel
I'm new to this as well but i can answer a couple of those!
  1. YES
  2. YES
  3. YES
  4. NO -- you can redeem for as many as you have miles - no limits
  5. NO
  6. not sure
  7. (but you labeled it 5 again :P ) Since they don't expire you can safely redeem whenever you get enough
For much better FAQs than on the Airmiles site, have a look here (this is for the agency we have in Guelph ---Marlin but they are the same for all of the agencies BTW)
FAQs for Dream Reward Travel Certificates

****EDITED to add: on the AM site they mention:

In 2018, together with Transat Distribution Canada, we will be introducing a new PVC website, enabling you to use your Miles immediately for PVC bookings online, 24/7 with participating partners

I'm new to this as well but i can answer a couple of those!
  1. YES
  2. YES
  3. YES
  4. NO -- you can redeem for as many as you have miles - no limits
  5. NO
  6. not sure
  7. (but you labeled it 5 again :P ) Since they don't expire you can safely redeem whenever you get enough
For much better FAQs than on the Airmiles site, have a look here (this is for the agency we have in Guelph ---Marlin but they are the same for all of the agencies BTW)
FAQs for Dream Reward Travel Certificates

****EDITED to add: on the AM site they mention:

In 2018, together with Transat Distribution Canada, we will be introducing a new PVC website, enabling you to use your Miles immediately for PVC bookings online, 24/7 with participating partners

Thanks Jacqueline
I am going to read up on the link you sent.
Thanks
Hugs Mel

Thanks! I was going to pick up Halloween candy tonight, now I'll wait. Which is probably a good thing any way. The longer I wait the less likely I am to eat it all before the big night :)

A maximum of $750 in eVouchers can be ordered per day across all participating Reward partners. Acceptance of TravelPlus eVoucher is capped at $400 per person, per booking. eVouchers may not be used for the payment of taxes, service fees, non-commissionable items, gift cards and insurance.
This is my curiosity peaked. This might be helpful to us if the daughter has a destination wedding. How I read it is...you can only use $400.00 per person per booking. You can get up to $750 per day in vouchers...but only use 400.00 per person per booking

So a quick update on my 'I hate Rexall' rant. When the cashier voided my whole receipt and did a whole new purchase she told me that it was possible that I would get the AM's twice. I DID! An extra 77. That makes my $42 purchase worth 219 AM. It makes wasting my hour trying to get this all fixed up worth while.

Thank you all!! I have just hit Onyx again for next year as my AM for Sobeys GC and 100 AM for a Metro spend offer from a few weeks ago have now posted!! Waiting to see how people report back on success upgrading Can AM tickets as I am now considering joining the AP club, I think my DH would flip, but between the free parking, discounts, and ability to just stop in anytime over the 2 weeks we are there, I am wondering if it could be worth it... And if so, would think about getting another 7-day child pass to take my daughter a few more times while we are there...So many choices :)

Question for the Amex people. Do you get to enter these promotions no matter what level card you have? Can I get the no annual fee card and still be able to partake in all of the amazing offers talked about on the board here?

Question for the Amex people. Do you get to enter these promotions no matter what level card you have? Can I get the no annual fee card and still be able to partake in all of the amazing offers talked about on the board here?
Mine is a no annual fee card so the answer to your question would be yes! I hadn't used mine in several years when this offer came out and it will go back away when these offers stop.

Foodland Flyer
buy 50.00 itunes card get 60 bonus airmiles.

https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/foodland-on-flyer-october-20-to-26/all

This is me looking for the red M&M deal!
lol
Hugs Mel
sobeys-on-flyer-october-20-to-26-8.jpg

Sobeys Flyer
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/sobeys-on-flyer-october-20-to-26/all

Hugs Mel

Flyer links are active on the first page. Here's what i see as stand out offers:
Rexall

• Spend $30 get 30 AM, Spend $60 get 60 AM & Spend $70 get 100 AM Fri-Sun
Sobeys Atlantic
  • Coupon on the flyer :spend $150 get 95 AM
  • $50 iTunes GC get 60 AM
Sobeys Urban Fresh & Ontario
  • Triple Layer cake -$7.99 get 50 AM
  • Villagio bread products $2.49 each buy 3 get 30 AM
  • Greenfield meat products from $6.49 buy 2 get 25 AM
  • Mars Halloween candy $9.99 buy 2 get 75 AM (we're *those people* who turn the lights off and stick a sign out No Candy .. would be it wrong to still buy these cause, you know, AM!?!)
Sobeys West
  • Coupon on the flyer: Spend $100 get 100 AM Fri-Sun
Foodland ON
Metro
  • Redeem 95 Cash miles get 25 AM
  • $50 GAP family GC get 50 AM
  • The *big earners* on the back page??? Yeah, not so much!
I'm in a sad state right now -- laundry detergent has been on my "Buy when there are miles" list for over a month and i finished the bottle last night. SO we either start wearing dirty clothes or <gasp> i buy it with NO bonus miles :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter