Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Yes, there is an affiliation. The Xcaret area is being developed into a destination all on its own. 12 year plan for hotels, convention facilities etc. We will have unlimited access to all of the Xcaret parks/excursions ....there are 8 in total. It’s going to be really hard to only choose 2 or 3. We want lots of down time at the pool with cocktails. I wanted to book more than a 7 day package but it was just too expensive. I think 10 day’s was $4000+ per person.

Google the resort it’s stunning but also really interesting how they built around the landscape.

OMG-I googled it, it is phenomenal!

The bar/restaurant that is built into the cave!!!!

The beaches are to die for!

PLEASE report back and let me know how you liked it

<sigh> I am so annoyed.

I don't often shop at Rexall, because there's just not that much they have (at prices I'm willing to pay) that I frequently need. I've posted about it before. But once in awhile I am tempted by an offer. Tonight there were several things I actually *needed*, so I decided to take advantage of the $50/110 offer, plus I had a $30/60 Load and Go.

Mab2012,
I feel your pain. I also think their prices are ridiculous. I had a plan for my Rexall shop, my friend was waiting for me in the car, I told her I knew exactly what I wanted and rushed in there. Well they were sold out of two of things I wanted (the deluxe nuts for 10 airmiless) and I couldn't find the Kettle chips (ended up buying some but not sure if they were the correct size) trying to act fast and replace the nuts grabbing anything on the shelf to make it over $50.00. In the end I ended up spending $54 not too bad, the substitute for the nuts was was a bag of m & m's for dh stocking.

Anyone else is missing Airmiles from Foodland from the week of November 19th? I still have 390 AM pending from Nov 19th but received the ones from my December 1st (767AM)...

I too am upset that their prices are so bad. I know I need Tide pods etc. and a few other things but when you unpack your stuff when you get home and think "THIS cost me $50?" it's pretty sad.

#1 reason why I am not "allowed" to shop at Rexall. Okay yes I can shop anywhere I want to, but DH and I have laid out the sales flyer so many times on these different retailers, and Rexall is just more expensive, for no good reason. :(

Sadly our budget is dropping to the point where we may only be shopping at Walmart and Superstore, because Safeway is also getting crazy with prices. Walmart sold apples for 60cents a kilogram, Safeway was trying to push them for a DOLLAR a kilogram!!! But the cheaper priced stores don't have AM... *sigh*

Also my DH is furious at the changes to the "status" - we will likely lose our Gold status in a few weeks... you should hear DH ranting about how he has used the program for 20 years and punishing customers for their loyalty is not supposed to be the name of the game...

Anyone else is missing Airmiles from Foodland from the week of November 19th? I still have 390 AM pending from Nov 19th but received the ones from my December 1st (767AM)...

I am missing some from Foodland and Sobeys. All other airmiles from the receipt have posted but these two are missing.

Foodland (Nov 20 purchase) - 30AM for puchase of luncheon meat on receipt, 20AM STB coupon posted to account.
Sobeys (Nov 17 purchase )- 30AM for raisin bread/bagels, amount on receipt but not posted to account.

Still waiting also for use 95AM cash get 25AM from Metro to post. They are usually a little quicker than this.

Unfortunatley if these items don't post on their own in the next week or so it will become a waiting game to 120 days until I can question AM about them.

STOP the presses and hold your Rexall trips off till tomorrow, i just got an early head's up and link to the coupon and as i predicted, it's much better than the one that expires today

Spend $50 get 110 AM Valid Thursday Dec 7th ONLY

@blue888 I hope i caught you before you headed out -- bigger return with this coupon!

I ended up with sick kids and missed them both... ARGH! I have to do some new math using my load and go offers to see what I can wrangle for my shop.

I just received an e-mail from Air Miles saying a $50 in-store Staples purchase will give you 50 bonus air miles. Valid until December 24th.

What it does not say is WHEN it started! I spent $75 there yesterday on printer ink... I needed the printer ink yesterday and used the STB coupon. Sure hope I get that extra 50 miles. (sigh)

I'm going to look for this offer. We really need a few things from Staples.

I am missing some from Foodland and Sobeys. All other airmiles from the receipt have posted but these two are missing.

Foodland (Nov 20 purchase) - 30AM for puchase of luncheon meat on receipt, 20AM STB coupon posted to account.
Sobeys (Nov 17 purchase )- 30AM for raisin bread/bagels, amount on receipt but not posted to account.

Still waiting also for use 95AM cash get 25AM from Metro to post. They are usually a little quicker than this.

Unfortunatley if these items don't post on their own in the next week or so it will become a waiting game to 120 days until I can question AM about them.

None of my miles posted from my Nov 19th purchase. :( That means I have to wait for 120 days if they don’t post? I never had to chase AM before...

Ok.

I'm going today for my shop.

The plan.
STB: 40Am for $40 on fragrances, plus a bonus 20AM for buying 2 fragrances
$10 on pain relief - 20AM load and go offer
spend $50 get $100 AM

So 180AM for $50 shop.

I'm going to gift the fragrances to a local kids charity for teenager gifts since we don't use fragrances here.

Still working out next weeks shop. I have some load and go, plus a get 60 for a $40 shop early next week. Should be able to get 100AM or more for the $40 shop.

What is load and go?

Hi Hon
I was hesitant to try this and now wish I'd been doing it all along.
so ...........................
go here
https://loadandgo.airmiles.ca/#/guest/login
This page will explain it all.

put your airmiles number in

see if airmiles is offering you any extra bonus

Mine for next Monday Dec 11 to Dec 14
is spend 40.00 and get 60 bonus airmiles
There will be other things offered at Rexall also,,you just check any you think you might use.
So if the regular email which come out via email Monday is say spend 40.00 and get 80 airmiles when I shop I will get both the regular airmiles and an extra Load N Go airmiles so making my total spend $40.00 and total airmiles 140 airmiles.

You will see on the receipt

Base airmiles earned (usually 1 airmile for every 20.00 spent)
Bonus airmiles earned
Load & Go Bonus airmiles earned

Hope that helps a bit
Hugs
Mel

So it says right on the coupon that this cannot be combined with any other Store Wide or Load and Go offer. I am assuming this means I can’t use this coupon and the Shop the Block Spend $40 on Fragrance coupon?
I read that too, but I used it last night and had the spend $40 get 80 air miles loaded in my load and go offers, and I got both. Both show credited in my account this morning. It was a pleasant surprise when I read my receipt. Plus a couple of other smaller bonuses i got 197 AM for $56 taxes in.

#1 reason why I am not "allowed" to shop at Rexall. Okay yes I can shop anywhere I want to, but DH and I have laid out the sales flyer so many times on these different retailers, and Rexall is just more expensive, for no good reason. :(

Sadly our budget is dropping to the point where we may only be shopping at Walmart and Superstore, because Safeway is also getting crazy with prices. Walmart sold apples for 60cents a kilogram, Safeway was trying to push them for a DOLLAR a kilogram!!! But the cheaper priced stores don't have AM... *sigh*

Also my DH is furious at the changes to the "status" - we will likely lose our Gold status in a few weeks... you should hear DH ranting about how he has used the program for 20 years and punishing customers for their loyalty is not supposed to be the name of the game...

Was that a misprint - a dollar for one kg of apples? Where I'm from that would be one amazing deal! Usually they will go on sale for .99/lb and that's pretty much the lowest price they will go.

<sigh> I am so annoyed.

I don't often shop at Rexall, because there's just not that much they have (at prices I'm willing to pay) that I frequently need. I've posted about it before. But once in awhile I am tempted by an offer. Tonight there were several things I actually *needed*, so I decided to take advantage of the $50/110 offer, plus I had a $30/60 Load and Go.

I did the mental math while I was shopping, and my order should have been around $55, pre-tax. I should have noticed something was up at the cash register, but I was distracted by something, and didn't realize until after I walked away that the $53 total (after tax!) didn't sound right. Sure enough, the toothbrush that was supposed to be $7.99 rang in at $4.99. The first aid products that were supposed to total $11 must have been on sale; they came out around $9. My two Dairy Milk bars both rang in at lower prices than they should have ($1.70 together), and one of them didn't seem to count as "Dairy Milk", despite clearly being labelled "Dairy Milk" (of the correct size). And another item was $0.80 cheaper than it should have been.

So my pre-tax total was $48.27.

I missed on the $50 / 110 offer.
I missed on a "spend $10 on oral care" LnG thanks to the toothbrush (I think that was 8 miles).
I missed on a "buy 2 Cadbury Dairy Milk" LnG for no good reason (that was 5 or 8, can't remember offhand).

And the worst thing is that I forgot to buy something that I specifically wanted, that would have easily put me over the $50 threshold. :furious:

It wasn't a total loss. I did get the threshold LnG, plus one other LnG offer. So 66 miles. And I guess I should be glad that my stuff was cheaper than expected!

I know that Rexall is a great thing for many of you, and I am glad for that! I have no idea how so many of you manage purchases within a dollar or two of the threshold, when so many of the items in the store are mis-priced on the shelves. Kudos to those of you who do that successfully. Clearly I suck at it, and I will remember this the next time I am tempted by a Rexall Air Miles offer.
I alway ask the cashier what the pretax total is it I think I might not be quite there. Then I add a pack of gum or chocolate bar. At this time of year they make great stocking stuffers.

OMG-I googled it, it is phenomenal!

The bar/restaurant that is built into the cave!!!!

The beaches are to die for!

PLEASE report back and let me know how you liked it
So did I and now OMG I want to go! I did tell my boss that's where he and his wife should go for their yearly getaway! (I said that tongue in cheek because every year he says he's going to book a vacation somewhere and never does!!! And always thinks I'm trying to get rid of him when I show him some deals out there ...... ::yes:: )

I don't know how I did it, but I took my very small food budget for the month and headed out for Blue Friday at Safeway and I somehow earned MORE AirMiles than I spent in actual dollars. :) Spent $144, earned 187 AM!

So excited! *dancing around like an emoji*

Was that a misprint - a dollar for one kg of apples? Where I'm from that would be one amazing deal! Usually they will go on sale for .99/lb and that's pretty much the lowest price they will go.
On second thought, I don't actually know... I grew up using the Imperial system in the USA - metric is totally weird for me. What drives me nuts is that Canadians are able to convert back and forth so easily between metric and imperial AND that sales promotions always take advantage of listing the cheaper unit when the price is higher. If the price looks too high in LBS, they switch the pricing unit to KG and sometimes even OZ, just to have a little more fun. :( AUGH

Last edited:
Purchased a $300 Disney giftcard at Sobeys today using 2 of the $150 giftcards I bought at Foodland last week (buy a $150 giftcard get 150 Airmiles). Surprisingly, it also triggered my Loaded offer of spend $120 get 30 Miles and also received 15 Base Miles.

Oh wow! Very nice! I didn't think they would let you redeem a GC for another GC... I read the terms on their website and it says "Cards can be used for all in-store purchases except another Corporate Gift Card (grocery, fuel or liquor) or as prohibited by law." Maybe Disney gift cards don't fall into the categories of Grocery/Fuel/Liquor??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!