Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Last year, on Friday December 16, airmilesshops ran a one day 20x airmiles deal. Since STB ends Thursday December 14 (as well as a few other amazon promos I've seen), it might be possible that we will see it again this year which would be Friday December 15. I would expect it to be 15x like Black Friday this year, last year's Black Friday was 20x.

Just thought I'd mention it, it is something I'm watching for next week.

Thanks Mel for the load n go info, very easy.
I am disappointed with my recent Sobey's shopping experience. First of all the nearest Sobey's is 20 minutes away and the largest is 45 minutes away so shopping there is a trek..... Bought the pizza's, for some reason I thought it said buy 3 pizzas get 75 am so I did x 2 for dh card. Had one last night for dinner and it was awful(like cardboard) and just realized from reading other posts that I was supposed to buy ice-cream or something.....so I didn't even get the am...
To take the pizzas back will mean a 20 minute car ride...
now I remember why I stopped couponing....IT'S THE FINE PRINT THAT GETS YOU!!,
I'm almost ready to give up.....

This was exactly how we all felt after I bought the pizza just for the last AM offer. DH and the kids hate the pizza and I think there's still one at the bottom of the chest freezer, so sadly will have to skip this offer, I can't eat them all myself, lol.

I was wondering if maybe the pizza would be better on the bbq as there are cooking directions on the back. I ended up eating a piece and then scraping the toppings off the pizza onto some triscuits...
I realize I can't take them back as I was just over the $100 mark for spend $100 get 100...

I personally like the thin & crispy deluxe pizza, as well as the round thin crust one that is on promo - in the margherita flavour.

Had a good Sobeys trip yesterday. Spent $108 and got 249AM. Thanks to the coupon and some loaded MyOffers. Plus the pizza and the cavendish fries offers.

By the way - my Sobeys (Barrhaven ON) had a few good deals not in flyer:

Cheemo perogies 2.99ea + 5AM when you buy 2

Ben & Jerry's 5.99ea + 10AM when you buy 2

Italpasta 1.99ea + 10AM when you buy 2

My own thought is that the frozen pizzas, ANY frozen pizza, are disgusting. I used to buy them for my youngest as that was one of the few things he enjoyed but he is now in his mid thirties so that option is gone.
Having said all that, I did purchase a dozen during the last sale and told DH that it would be a quick easy meal for the two weeks I was going to be away without him. And just like magic, they disappeared. :) Maybe I should plan another few weeks away!

Success! Just finished 2nd STB on the other card (mine and my parents'). For those in ON, I just got the last 2 at Jean Coutu: 10 AM for $10 of their store brand and 3x AM for over $20. So picked up their travel size store brand body wash, shampoo, etc for our Feb trip and they had some cute wrapping paper (obviously my 25 rolls isn't enough...). So nothing I NEEDED per se, but all useful and for $35, I ended up with that extra 1000 AM, so I will take it as a win.

:offtopic: Also, not-related, I just bit the bullet and reserved EMM for our first park day in Feb! I have never done it and obsessed for a long time, but every time it looked like it was sold out, I got super sad, so figure that means I would really like to give it a try. Will cancel our CP breakfast and do this instead, so here's to adding a new to us item to our plans! :cloud9: :tigger:

Success! Just finished 2nd STB on the other card (mine and my parents'). For those in ON, I just got the last 2 at Jean Coutu: 10 AM for $10 of their store brand and 3x AM for over $20. So picked up their travel size store brand body wash, shampoo, etc for our Feb trip and they had some cute wrapping paper (obviously my 25 rolls isn't enough...). So nothing I NEEDED per se, but all useful and for $35, I ended up with that extra 1000 AM, so I will take it as a win.

:offtopic: Also, not-related, I just bit the bullet and reserved EMM for our first park day in Feb! I have never done it and obsessed for a long time, but every time it looked like it was sold out, I got super sad, so figure that means I would really like to give it a try. Will cancel our CP breakfast and do this instead, so here's to adding a new to us item to our plans! :cloud9: :tigger:
We did that on the last day of our trip in August. Loved it and would definitely do it again if it’s offered. Enjoy!

Last year, on Friday December 16, airmilesshops ran a one day 20x airmiles deal. Since STB ends Thursday December 14 (as well as a few other amazon promos I've seen), it might be possible that we will see it again this year which would be Friday December 15. I would expect it to be 15x like Black Friday this year, last year's Black Friday was 20x.

Just thought I'd mention it, it is something I'm watching for next week.

This came through in my email today: 15x miles Dec 13-17

Attachments

• 4B138127-E693-4C39-8BA3-FA31FF3650ED.png
    4B138127-E693-4C39-8BA3-FA31FF3650ED.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 9
I'm out this week for shopping.........................
My car is in the garage and I am anxiously awaiting verdict and the bill!!
Happy Fa La La to me.............................
Hugs Mel

My car is in the garage and I am anxiously awaiting verdict and the bill!!
I feel your pain. We just paid for the son's car which was a 1200.00 fix. The hubby's truck ( older diesel truck ) that puked most of the coolant and we are having a friend look at that. His truck ( it's his baby and I swear he loves that thing more than me some days ) is still at his brother's place where the friend lives which is 7 hours from here. So have told our kids Christmas will be light this year. The good thing is the kids are older and understand and honestly...don't need much anyways. Somehow someway it all seems to work out in the end.

Hope your fix is not too costly

Sooooooooooo................
The bad news first:crazy2:
I just paid Canadian Tire $80.00 to diagnosis
front brakes and rotors
back drums and shoes
grand total parts and labour
$1,165.00

The Good News
Ex Hubby is a Mechanic:car:
He is coming over next weekend and will fix the car for me.
I'm sure I can be cordial for a few hours,,lol.
two definitions of "Cordial"
https://www.google.ca/search?q=cord.....69i57j0l5.2495j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
1. Warm and friendly
2. a liqueur
Plus I am giving him my premium Star Wars movie ticket to go to the show with my sons on Saturday.
Hugs Mel

Now back to airmile hunting.......................... I think I will wait till Thursday for
Rexall.

Last edited:
That's awesome bababear!
I hoped one of my kids would marry a mechanic but alas it isn't so, one married a financial analyst and the other a sewage treatment operator (I don't know her official title) lol.
Maybe one day I will get a grandchild that will become (or marry) a mechanic!

I need some help. I'm new at this airmiles thing.
So I need to book a hotel in Niagara Falls NY,
if I look through airmiles travel hub it says I can get a bonus of up to 200 bonus miles for first time booking (ok I get that) but my question is, for many hotels the average am are 40. My question is can I get 15x the airmiles (current promotion of 15 x airmiles) if I book through the travel hub so 15x40 (plus 200 bonus)
Here is a sample of what I am seeing....

https://travelhub.airmiles.ca/hotel...nation_id=h_217390&program_id=1&promo=200NO17

Seems too good to be true, what do you think?

I need some help. I'm new at this airmiles thing.
So I need to book a hotel in Niagara Falls NY,
if I look through airmiles travel hub it says I can get a bonus of up to 200 bonus miles for first time booking (ok I get that) but my question is, for many hotels the average am are 40. My question is can I get 15x the airmiles (current promotion of 15 x airmiles) if I book through the travel hub so 15x40 (plus 200 bonus)
Here is a sample of what I am seeing....

https://travelhub.airmiles.ca/hotel/results/?search_id=f2e92554-47df-4ac5-aad5-1f305ac3a9b4&checkin=2017-12-21T00:00:00-05:00&checkout=2017-12-22T00:00:00-05:00&adults=2&flow=earn&locale=en-US&currency=CAD&destination_id=h_217390&program_id=1&promo=200NO17

Seems too good to be true, what do you think?
I don't think so, but someone may correct me. It's the Airmiles shops that are 15X - so bookings through expedia, etc. under AM shops would be eligible. The Travel Hub isn't under AM shops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter