Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I got a quote for an August trip next summer... not sure why since I don't think we can really afford to go and we just went so a year off should be in order, right??? Any way. If I am looking to get the 5-day AM ticket (adult at this point, I don't think I'd be able to save up for both child and adult) and I want to upgrade it to PH and Waterparks... can I do that and would it be on the base price of a 5-day ticket? Does that make sense? Then I could just pay for the child ticket. Honestly I don't think we really need the Park Hoppers, we barely used them this summer, but we want to check out the water parks and that seems to be the easiest way to get that. Or do I go with paying for the tickets, no park hoppers, and going to the first Halloween party (if the pattern continues). Ah! Too many choices. And a need for many many more AM.

I got a quote for an August trip next summer... not sure why since I don't think we can really afford to go and we just went so a year off should be in order, right??? Any way. If I am looking to get the 5-day AM ticket (adult at this point, I don't think I'd be able to save up for both child and adult) and I want to upgrade it to PH and Waterparks... can I do that and would it be on the base price of a 5-day ticket? Does that make sense? Then I could just pay for the child ticket. Honestly I don't think we really need the Park Hoppers, we barely used them this summer, but we want to check out the water parks and that seems to be the easiest way to get that. Or do I go with paying for the tickets, no park hoppers, and going to the first Halloween party (if the pattern continues). Ah! Too many choices. And a need for many many more AM.

I would do Halloween party over park hoppers & waterparks :)

Alert
I just picked up 2-- 2 packages of Cineplex Odeon Great Escape packages
425 airmiles each package --under Airmiles Exclusive events.
Hugs Mel
cineplex-great-escape.jpg

I have two birthdays coming up in Nov and Dec and these will be a great gift.

Last edited:

Just an FYI...the November AMEX promotion is for basic AMEX card holders only....

Does it start tomorrow? When I click on the link it says the enrollment period for the selected offer has ended. Oh wait, I see the fine print that says tomorrow now. Thanks!

BTW, it also says you have to be one of the first 20,000 to enroll in order to get the 800 bonus miles!!! That's new isn't it? I don't remember any other Soar into More offers limiting the number of people getting the bonus miles.

There was one offer from Amex not that long ago that had an enrollment number. I believe that offer was 50,000 but that's just a guess, not totally sure of the number, just that there was an limit to the offer.

Doh! I shouldn't have cancelled my free AMEX. Maybe I should apply for that card again so I can participate in these Soar Into More promos...

All of the offers have said this ... we're Platinum and have enrolled in all of these offers. LOVE my AMEX these days, all of these extra miles for doing what we already do, pretty sweet deal
Thanks Jacqueline....I do find that I am using my AMEX more often than I did previously....gotta love all these extra miles....

Does it start tomorrow? When I click on the link it says the enrollment period for the selected offer has ended. Oh wait, I see the fine print that says tomorrow now. Thanks!

Yup, it's confusing, but the earlier offers have done this as well; they show as "ended" before actually starting. I guess the website developers are too lazy to distinguish before / after and post an appropriate string. It's just:

if (inactive)
post notice

where "notice" = "enrolment period ended".

Considering all the easy miles I've been racking up, I'm happy to ignore the poor website implementation. :)

Yay I finally got my 70 AM from 5x at Dyson via AirMilesShops back in July! This was my first time claiming missing miles and after waiting 75 days (eek) they finally let me claim them, and then posted them about 36 hours after I requested it!

Hurry there's only a little over 19,000 spots left for the Amex promo. lol Thanks for posting that. I seem to not be getting a lot of these email promos.
BTW, if anyone needs a referral for an amex card...I'm sure there's plenty of us on here that would be happy to send you a referral link. :rolleyes1

What Amex card do you have to have to be getting all these great deals? Is it the airmiles Amex or can it be any Amex?

Hurry there's only a little over 19,000 spots left for the Amex promo. lol Thanks for posting that. I seem to not be getting a lot of these email promos.
BTW, if anyone needs a referral for an amex card...I'm sure there's plenty of us on here that would be happy to send you a referral link. :rolleyes1
I didn't get this as a email promo. Amex mailed out a large postcard type thing back in the spring. Once I had that I went on the website, bookmarked it and then have been checking it regularly ever since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter