Airmiles Armchair Chatter

It will most likely be the rate in effect the day you do a transaction. Disney will charge your card in US $ and convert at the rate for the day. You may find you end up saving the 2.5% forex fee that most banks charge on top of that.

Can anyone confirm that I can still buy the $150 gift card until tonight? I am looking at last weeks flyer and can't see this Advertised anywhere. I want this deal and hope it didn't end already.

I am in central Canada btw.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm that I can still buy the $150 gift card until tonight? I am looking at last weeks flyer and can't see this Advertised anywhere. I want this deal and hope it didn't end already.

I am in central Canada btw.
In the Ontario flyer it is on the front page top right corner I believe. I just bought 2 a few hours ago. Should be able to tonight as well.

I saw Disney Gift Cards at Sobeys. I checked and they said "good in parks" on them, among other things but that's what I was looking for... that I could use it to pay off a Disney hotel, tickets, meals, etc... problem I can see is it looks like they are CAD, so what would the exchange rate be one that?

We all know where my "grocery" money is going to be going now.lol
Thanks for sharing this info.
Hugs Mel

I saw Disney Gift Cards at Sobeys. I checked and they said "good in parks" on them, among other things but that's what I was looking for... that I could use it to pay off a Disney hotel, tickets, meals, etc... problem I can see is it looks like they are CAD, so what would the exchange rate be one that?

Its the rate of exchange on the day you actually make a purchase. That just leaves to much to chance for my liking. To me, I would rather purchase US with my $50 then purchase a GC for $50. I may only get $45 US dollars but that is a sure thing and who knows what rate I will get when I convert it later. Might only be $35. Might also be $55 although that's unlikely. To many ifs for me. I'll keep buying my US as I have the $$ and put it into my US account.

I've missed adding my congrats to all the new babies joining the families! I think we need to have a shower -- so many things that need to be bought for a new little one to properly cultivate the correct level of Disney fever.

baby-shower-decorations-disney-disney-baby-shower-decorations-uk.jpg

So if we're seeing Disney GCs at Sobeys/Rexall, we can't get AM on buying them, right? Can we use cash miles to buy them?

Will be keeping my eyes peeled at Shell, because then I know I can get AM on buying them!

So if we're seeing Disney GCs at Sobeys/Rexall, we can't get AM on buying them, right? Can we use cash miles to buy them?

Will be keeping my eyes peeled at Shell, because then I know I can get AM on buying them!
Sorry, after the security breach early this year you can't redeem cash miles for gift cards. If they end up at Shell then you would earn miles, I forget what the daily limit is but they regularly have bonus promos!

Last edited:
Curious if anyone else has a threshold spend in their Rexall LoadnGo offers for next week? They usually pop up on Fridays to load and once again i do NOT have one :sad:

Curious if anyone else has a threshold spend in their Rexall LoadnGo offers for next week? They usually pop up on Fridays to load and once again i do NOT have one :sad:

One of my daughters didn't get one last week while the rest of us did, now the same for this week. This week the rest of us have spend $40, receive 60 airmiles, she has nothing.

I have the $40 for 60AM as well. Hoping I can do it so I can get the extra 25 AM for using one.

Are you referring to the Air Miles Opinion Survey? I didn't realize they switched to invite-only. Can a member invite or it needs to be the company? Was this part of their new changes that started in the past week or so?
Sorry -- this question got lost in the clutter of my mind!

Yeah, they went the route of invite only about a month ago --
How do I become a member?
As an invite-only panel, we’ve made signing up for Rewarding Your Opinions simple. Follow the link in your email invitation and complete the registration page to sign up. You must be a member of the AIR MILES® Reward Program to join the panel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!