Airmiles Armchair Chatter

For my prairie (manitoba) friends. Safeway/sobeys dollar days!! We also have get 35 bonus airmiles off $25 cabela's/basspro/childrens place GC. Also in this week's flyer is sspend $100 get 100 bonus AM! For the first time ever, i'm glad my family eats as much as we do.

Well on one hand it’s great that someone will be taking care of this for you. On the other hand, you would think after their huge issues last year they would have done a much better job of securing the accounts.
As it stands, I think I will cash out every $50 or $100 to a gift card. I plan on holding on to all my points and then doing some Christmas shopping with them and I don’t want to worry that they will disappear all the time.
Sorry you are still waiting for it all to be fixed.
I completely agree they need better security. I told my DD exactly that and she said she will pass along my comments to head office. Since they are the ones that ultimately loose money over this you would think they would want the same.

PC won't let you buy gift cards with their points anymore.
Right you can't go in an just get a gift card but you can buy groceries and add in a gift card and then pay with your points. For example, I buy $50 worth of groceries and a $20 GC, then redeem 20,000 points.

Last edited:
I got a $10 Rexall card last week. I haven’t got one for a while and I have forgotten whether it will reduce the before tax total. I would like to stack this with 100 bonus miles plus the Mega Miles coupon on Saturday. Can I also stack the $5 survey coupon? Has anyone tried to stack all these lately? TIA!

Finally got around to contacting AM about the Metro offer for linking our AM number with their system ---

• Sarah: So yes, it looks like is is only offered as a limited time bonus. As a valued card member and loyal customer to Metro, I would be happy to just goodwill the 50 miles to you now
  • JOHNR: aww that's really nice of you :D
  • Sarah: I am so glad I can help! This is the first I have heard of this promotion and I will be linking my card today lol
  • JOHNR: we've found that miles are much harder to come by this year now that Rexall has stopped sending out email offers and all of their LnG offers are no longer targeted and most Sponsors seem to have considerably fewer offers as well
  • Sarah: Oh no, I am sorry to hear you are having some issues in collecting miles. I know we are always looking into ways to improve the offers to our members and I will pass this feedback along. Are you taking advantage of our mega miles promo? We did go through a rough patch there but we are working with our partners to provide better offers
SO, long story short -- at least this agent had no idea this was being offered and they are aware that things are a tad lean right now. Let's hope things pick up SOON!

She asked where I wanted the miles, cash or dream as well BTW

I got a $10 Rexall card last week. I haven’t got one for a while and I have forgotten whether it will reduce the before tax total. I would like to stack this with 100 bonus miles plus the Mega Miles coupon on Saturday. Can I also stack the $5 survey coupon? Has anyone tried to stack all these lately? TIA!
This is truly a "YMMV" question that doesn't have a blanket answer. 3 stores in our city and 3 different reactions:1st store they will stack but in your case i would need to spend and extra $15 to actually USE them. 2nd Store they do NOT stack and i would need to spend an extra $5 to use one or extra $10 to use the other. 3rd store they will stack and come off the bottom line meaning i would only end up with needing to spend $35 to get the $50 worth of product. So you will need to ask at the cash how YOUR store will handle these, because it is such a hassle I've stopped trying and only pull it out if i know my total is well over the threshold without needing to find more things i might not need.

GOOD way to work the MM coupon BTW because you will essentially get that extra $10 of product for free (the MM coupon threshold is $40 but the flyer is $50 and offers 100 AM which is worth $10 cash miles)

Last edited:
I was just poking around the AM site and I've got a question about the cash miles evouchers for Marlin Travel. It says participating carriers or some such thing. Who are the participants? I know I can make the 5-6 MM coupons for my DD's account as well as my own so now I'm questioning where the bonus miles should go. DD set up an account for STB and all the miles went to cash...it's currently sitting at 2409 miles. The plan was to use the miles for Starbucks when we go to WDW, but that's enough for 2-3 trips. Now I'm second guessing with the potential of the MM bonus and the miles that will come with the involved purchases. Should I switch this one to all dream and use for Marlin evouchers? We will probably do an all inclusive trip every winter from now on so the vouchers could be useful depending on how they work.

Who has used the evouchers? Would you recommend them? ease of use???

What to do....what to do?
Sorry this question got lost in the shuffle -- there are 2 different kinds of travel certificates.
Cash miles will give you evouchers and you can use ONLY a maximum of $400 per person up to a total of $800 off your trip/cruise
Dream miles will give you travel certificates and there is NO limit on the total you can use -- 909 miles = $100 certificate

Neither can be applied towards taxes, service charges or insurance. The vouchers can't be combined. Neither expire.

Not sure if this has been discussed and I apologise if it has. Regarding the Sobeys $150/150 AM offer.....Can it be used at Foodland and can it be used to buy gift certificates?

This is truly a "YMMV" question that doesn't have a blanket answer. 3 stores in our city and 3 different reactions:1st store they will stack but in your case i would need to spend and extra $15 to actually USE them. 2nd Store they do NOT stack and i would need to spend an extra $5 to use one or extra $10 to use the other. 3rd store they will stack and come off the bottom line meaning i would only end up with needing to spend $35 to get the $50 worth of product. So you will need to ask at the cash how YOUR store will handle these, because it is such a hassle I've stopped trying and only pull it out if i know my total is well over the threshold without needing to find more things i might not need.

GOOD way to work the MM coupon BTW because you will essentially get that extra $10 of product for free (the MM coupon threshold is $40 but the flyer is $50 and offers 100 AM which is worth $10 cash miles)
The $5 Survey does state that it cannot be combined with other Rexall Store coupon. I will just use the $10 coupon and the MM coupon. Glad that I decided to get that $10 coupon last week for this week’s AM offer.

Not sure if this has been discussed and I apologise if it has. Regarding the Sobeys $150/150 AM offer.....Can it be used at Foodland and can it be used to buy gift certificates?
Yes the gift card can be used at any of the Sobeys chain but NO you can't buy other gift cards with it. (some people are able to toss in a card with the rest of their order and pay for it, but a straight up swap for the same value probably won't be possible.)

From their website:
A: Gift cards are available in amounts between $5 to $500, and can be used at any of our banner stores –Sobeys, IGA, Garden Market IGA, Foodland, Safeway, FreshCo, Chalo! FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drugs, Needs, Fast Fuel and Price Chopper (ON) locations across Canada*

*Sobeys gift cards are accepted only in these IGA locations in B.C (1) 4823 – 50 Avenue , Fort Nelson, BC V0C 1R0 (2) 5001 – 50 Avenue, Chetwynd, BC V0C 1J0 (3) 624-9 Avenue North, Golden, BC VOA 1HO

Did anyone see this? The Mega Miles Sobey's coupon specifically says limit of 4 $150 gift cards at 150 air miles each.

But the Sobeys flyer says limit 5 bonus offers per collector card.

I'm confused. What am I trying to download on the Apple app to get the 50 AM for Metro? I did a search for Metro but i'm getting everything but the grocery store.

I'm confused. What am I trying to download on the Apple app to get the 50 AM for Metro? I did a search for Metro but i'm getting everything but the grocery store.
Go to the metro site and use the link there, that might work

Did anyone see this? The Mega Miles Sobey's coupon specifically says limit of 4 $150 gift cards at 150 air miles each.

But the Sobeys flyer says limit 5 bonus offers per collector card.
Nope good spot, I will have to go buy another, just picked up 4, Thanks

Last edited:
So just back from walk to Sobeys to pick up gift cards. They know me there and immediately said maybe you should come back. The promo wasn't showing the AM on the receipt. It does come up Promotional PLU 31, but no points on the receipt. I thanked them for telling me in advance, but was going to buy now anyway and see what happens with AM. Keeping the receipts. Explained I couldn't come back Sat or Sun as I was flipping the GC for Lotto Max tonight. I buy for the group at work and buy 10 weeks at a time,,so just happens that this was the week to buy. Lucky for me, so really not out any money, just paying me 600am for buying tickets I had to buy anyway.
So not sure if this is an isolated store, but just be aware.

Same response at the Urban Fresh I just tried BUT she wouldn't even sell me the danged thing! this is a very important part of our mm hunt So now I need to go to another one that requires a subway and then streetcar ride, colour the Duck NOT IMPRESSED

I bought 4 and no miles showed. I will certainly be saving the receipts.

I then took one of the $150 giftcards and bought 2 of the $25 Children’s Place giftcards (only 35 of the Miles showed, so they gave me 35 more at customer service) and a $100 Shell giftcard. I then took the Shell giftcard to the gas station and bought $100 worth of food/lcbo giftcards and got another 100 Miles from Shell.

I bought 4 and no miles showed. I will certainly be saving the receipts.

I then took one of the $150 giftcards and bought 2 of the $25 Children’s Place giftcards (only 35 of the Miles showed, so they gave me 35 more at customer service) and a $100 Shell giftcard. I then took the Shell giftcard to the gas station and bought $100 worth of food/lcbo giftcards and got another 100 Miles from Shell.
Which Sobeys is this? I would love to do the same thing while it’s still allowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter