Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Reebee has flyers up -- quick glance looks like we *might* be in the same situation with Metro regarding the MM coupon offer is also on the flyer :use 95 cash miles get 50 AM They also have an AMAZING PICKLE DEAL (where is my sarcasm font??) 2 for $7 buy 2 get 5 AM (yes i said FIVE)
Metro flyer

Foodland ON buy 150 gift card get 150 AM
Foodland ON

***i'll look closer tomorrow and see if there is anything else noteworthy
Does this mean i can buy another skid of pickels

Reebee has flyers up -- quick glance looks like we *might* be in the same situation with Metro regarding the MM coupon offer is also on the flyer :use 95 cash miles get 50 AM They also have an AMAZING PICKLE DEAL (where is my sarcasm font??) 2 for $7 buy 2 get 5 AM (yes i said FIVE)
Metro flyer

Foodland ON buy 150 gift card get 150 AM
Foodland ON

***i'll look closer tomorrow and see if there is anything else noteworthy
Awesome! I still haven't done my MM shop at Foodland, so I know where I am headed! (and then that will be enough gc for a loooonnnng while since I only shop FL once a week after Church on Sundays for their 'bargains', and Sobeys isn't close at all!

Does the purchase of the $150 gift card count as a MM offer? Or do you actually need to shop with the GC for the MM coupon to work?

Wonder how the Metro thing is going to work - will we get double - flyer plus MM points, or is this going to be another issue of wondering whether we got MM credit for this vendor. I'm still uneasy about how Sobeys GC went down....I got 150pts on the GCs and did scan the MM coupon with a cashier who was knowledgeable about the situation. I'm dying to see what Sobeys posted (if anything) from that offer this week!

Does the purchase of the $150 gift card count as a MM offer? Or do you actually need to shop with the GC for the MM coupon to work?
I'm going out on a limb here and assume you mean the GC offer at Foodland this weekend? ($150 = 150 AM) The answer would be a hard no, unless gift cards are explicity mentioned either in flyers or on a coupon they will not earn Airmiles nor will they contribute towards any threshold spend.
Fine print from the back of the Foodland MM coupon (threshold spend)

Offer valid at all participating Foodland locations in Ontario from March 8 to April 12, 2018. Limit one Bonus Offer per Air Miles Collector Number. Qualifying purchase must be made in a single transaction and excludes taxes, tobacco products, gift cards, bottle deposits, prescriptions, lottery, alcoholic beverages, fuel, post office, photo finishing, video, 3rd party florist, Western Union and any other non-discountable products. Presentation of the coupon and an AIR MILES Card are required at time of purchase to receive the Bonus Offer. Cannot be combined with other minimum spend/receive offer(s). ®™Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V. Used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Sobeys Capital Incorporated.

If you're referring to the Sobey's/Urban Fresh offer from last weekend, those gift cards were a specific MM coupon.

Time for the Duck's weekly flyer study! (love that they post on Wednesday now since I'm not around on Thursdays) I'll just pick apart ones that haven't been mentioned above
Sobeys:
Atlantic Flyer

• Fruit, veggie & dessert trays -Spend $15 get 30 AM
  • Bicks mustard pickles (?!?!?) or Chow Chow $3.99 ea buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Hidden Valley dressings $3.29 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Becel $3.29 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Hertel cleaning products $3.29 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • 10% off iTunes & Roots $50.00 GC
  • Purex laundry soap $3.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • a bunch of other EPIC FAIL offers along the line of hot cross buns $4.49 buy 2 get 3 AM
  • ****UPDATE -- you have a MM coupon going live this weekend, spend $150 get 95 AM
Ontario has the same iTunes & Roots GC offer -- other than that, a bunch of NADA! Urban Fresh -- WORSE!
West Flyer

• Robin Hood or Brodie flour or Crisco products $4.99 buy 3 get 25 AM
  • ED Smith pie fillings $4.49 buy 2 get 15 AM
  • Meatloaf (looks pretty gross to me!Who puts corn, peas & carrots IN IT?!?) $9.99 buy 1 get 25 AM
  • Natrel 4L milk $7.49 buy 2 get 20 AM
  • Humpty Dumpty snacks (these create a math problem for your kids!) 3/$9 buy 4 get 20 AM
  • 2 blood sugar monitors $68 buy 1 get 200 AM
  • Same iTune & Roots gift cards
  • Your own special EPIC FAIL offers belong to alcohol -- the best of the worst a $34 bottle of scotch will net you 5 AM
Foodland
Atlanic Flyer

• Purex Laundry soap $3.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • like every other Sobeys chain flyers a ton of EPIC fail offers
Metro Ontario
  • The MM coupon goes live this weekend -- use 95 Cash miles to pay for $10 get 50 AM Also on flyer so who knows how this will play out??
  • Naturegg liquid eggs products (plain yolks are great for baking or smoothies since they are pasteurized) 2/$7 buy 2 get 15 AM
  • Bulls Eye BBQ sauce $2.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
  • Dare cookies & crackers 2/$5 (BAD price IMHO) buy 2 get 15 AM
  • Yogurt $3.49 buy 3 get 20 AM -- decent unless you consider 2 weeks ago it was buy 5 get 50 AM
  • Bunch of 1:1 offers and their prize EPIC FAIL offer is Laura Secord East basket $19.99 get 5 AM
I'll take a look to see if any offers cross over from other flyers with the MM coupons since i *think* Rona has something this weekend??

Last edited:
Does this mean i can buy another skid of pickels
You have no idea how much i giggled quietly to myself last night (didn't want to wake the hubby :P ) as i thought that very thing !!! Seriously, what makes them think that *deal* is important enough for the LARGE print they used to point it out???
upload_2018-3-21_11-57-44.png

Follow-up to my Bay escapades last week -- starting today is their Friends & Family sale which gives you extra discounts on most everything you buy (certain high-end things are excluded) INCLUDING previously marked down items and things already on sale. If you shop online they have a 2X the miles until April 12th and it will help towards the MM promo. This will automatically be applied if you shop in store or if you use the code FRIENDS online ***although the fine print says you can't use other coupons with this offer I have used the StB coupon this past year AND the MM coupon last year with this offer in store -- they didn't bat an eye.

Friends & Family
Wednesday, March 21 – Sunday, March 25
Extra 20% Off Sitewide When You Use Your Hudson’s Bay Mastercard® or your Hudson’s Bay Credit Card
– OR –
Extra 15% Off Your Purchase No Matter How You Pay
Extra 10% Off Furniture, Major and Small Appliances, Mattresses, Patio, Vacuums, Confectionery, Toys, Personal-Care Electrics, Cookware, Bakeware, and Gadgets, No Matter How You Pay

10%, 15% and 20% offers are mutually exclusive and cannot be combined with New Account discount. No price adjustments on purchases made prior to Wednesday, March 21, 2018. Offer cannot be combined with any other coupon(s).

I am so so tempted to purchase another 5 of these. Who am I kidding? I probably will. As long as I can trade 4 of them in for Shell gift cards, as I have been lucky enough to be able to do so far, I probably will. Our bi-weekly gas budget is $150. I can take the money out of savings and each paycheque put the $150 gas money back into savings until it's paid back.

Wonder how the Metro thing is going to work - will we get double - flyer plus MM points, or is this going to be another issue of wondering whether we got MM credit for this vendor. I'm still uneasy about how Sobeys GC went down....I got 150pts on the GCs and did scan the MM coupon with a cashier who was knowledgeable about the situation. I'm dying to see what Sobeys posted (if anything) from that offer this week!

Same here! However other people that saw the e-mail from Sobey's head office report it said the 150 MM will take 4 weeks to deposit. (I was so excited to read we were getting both I never did check out the time frame myself). The 150 that show up on the receipt are suppose to be from the flyer offer.

I am so so tempted to purchase another 5 of these. Who am I kidding? I probably will. As long as I can trade 4 of them in for Shell gift cards, as I have been lucky enough to be able to do so far, I probably will. Our bi-weekly gas budget is $150. I can take the money out of savings and each paycheque put the $150 gas money back into savings until it's paid back.

Same here! However other people that saw the e-mail from Sobey's head office report it said the 150 MM will take 4 weeks to deposit. (I was so excited to read we were getting both I never did check out the time frame myself). The 150 that show up on the receipt are suppose to be from the flyer offer.
So I was able to get my shell GC with the Sobeys GC, but I did not chance it with a straight up exchange. I did by a few beers,(to celebrate) and added the gift cards. The cashier even asked if I had my Sobeys GC from the weekend to get the points. Never batted an eye, and hey now I have some beer to cheer as well.

I'm hoping to do the same. I was successful in using a Sobeys GC to convert to the Children's Place GC so hopefully for Shell. The Sobeys I was in did not offer Shell GCs, only Esso and PetroCan (which is odd since Empire bought out Shell stations in Eastern Canada a few years back)

So I was able to get my shell GC with the Sobeys GC, but I did not chance it with a straight up exchange. I did by a few beers,(to celebrate) and added the gift cards. The cashier even asked if I had my Sobeys GC from the weekend to get the points. Never batted an eye, and hey now I have some beer to cheer as well.
Is your Sobeys in GTA?

Another sad week for Sobeys. Oh well. Some good prices but no good AM deals. MyOffers this week are absolutely atrocious too. Every offer is 8AM or less. My spend threshold is up to 30AM for $110 Spend... nope.

Will probably just do the Metro redeem 95AM cash Get 50AM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!